Customize

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape, by Jenna Miscavige Hill

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. RolandRB Member

Jumby wants to be born now ........... !
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Jenna left in 2005. Shelly was shipped off to CST Twin Peaks in 2006, after Jenna left. It's very plausible that Jenna simply does not know much. But Shelly's mail was sent to CST Twin Peaks and it was reported by Tony O that people saw it being sent there. So that's where most likely Shelly is.
    The question is - if the police were to come to CST Twin Peaks and ask her if she was held against her free will, I don't know what she'll say. She is probably so damaged and brainwashed by now that she'll say that she wants to stay there.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

There's a thread about her here:

David Miscavige's Disappeared Wife Shelly: What We Know

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...-disappeared-wife-shelly-what-we-know.103583/
  4. Puppetmama Member

5. moarxenu Member

I bought a copy of the book, which I gave away to our cell's lending library and sent another to a friend, and then I downloaded the Kindle. It is so great I will prolly buy moar copies to give away.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Random guy Member

Jenna seems to have made a point of reporting what she saw, not what she thinks or believes. It is a commendable position.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. RolandRB Member

Uncle Dave is Evil!

That sort of puts it into perspective.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Puppetmama Member

Her book was written like that as well. Almost no emotion. I felt that in many ways it makes her arguments against the COS strong; the facts alone are damning. Yet, I did wonder whether "no case on post" had become so entrenched that her emotions were inaccessible to her. Not that that would be the least bit surprising.
  9. Random guy Member

I suppose she has learned to separate herself from her emotions. I suppose a trick you learn early on when growing up in an environment where emotions are frowned upon.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RolandRB Member

You can still scream at people and spit in their faces if you are Sea Org!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Boris Korczak Member

Ich hoffe, Sie haben Recht! Vielleicht ist die deutsche Regierung erneut zu überarbeiten zu diesem Problem.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

This week Jenna's book also gets some coverage in the Australian women's magazine New Idea.

LEADER’S NIECE REVEALS: ‘HOW I ESCAPED SCIENTOLOGY’

The niece of Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige has finally blown open the controversial group’s secrets, claiming she was subjected to slave-like conditions and left so emotionally damaged, she considered taking her own life. Jenna Miscavige Hill – who was now left the Church and lives happily with her husband Dallas and their kids Archie and Winnie – says her life inside the inner sanctum was one defined by fear and deprivation. ‘[Each Scientology member] was required to be on duty for at least 14 hours a day, seven days a week,’ Jenna recalls. ‘I was too young to understand that seeing your parents only one hour a day was highly unusual.’

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-i...cle/-/16105728/issue-7-this-week-in-new-idea/
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

Its a speculation that comes from Scientology sources. Numerous sources. Not just one. So in all likelihood [not certainty] Shelly is indeed there.
    There is also a rumor [second hand account] that DM announced to his executives on the Free Winds that he was "leaving Shelly" but couldn't officially divorce her due to his high status in the church. So he had to nominally continue to be married to her. I personally don't understand why, as the CoS members get divorces all the freaking time.
    Don't Dox or GTFU me.....I acknowledge that what I know is hearsay, but from a fairy descent source.
  14. Anonymous Member

Was it Aragorn or maybe Elrond?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. wolfbane Member

Or perhaps Tinkerbell... on the sauce! ;)

drunk_fairy_by_stevesafir.jpg
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Puppetmama Member

This discussion is almost as well trodden and ultimately circular as most of the "Marty; poor dupe of the evil cult or narcissistic asshat?" discussions, but, because it is a particularly boring Sunday... So numerous people who are either still in or recently out (making them perhaps not the best judges of what is up), who, to our knowledge, have not seen Shelly, are certain that even though her life is controlled by a violent madman, that she is safely living somewhere else because people say so. Yet this is not rampant speculation.

I'm not in the market for a bridge.
  17. mnql1 Member

Here, with English subtitles, is a short TV report that aired on the France 3 evening newscast on February 10, 2013.

The report unfortunately repeats without question the claim that Scientology has millions of members, and the French voice-over mistranslated "they hid him [Jenna's husband] in a basement" as "they hit him in a basement."

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. man next door Member

This forum is nothing but a weak attempt at degrading the human kind and humanity. Along with degrading your own oneself.
    man next door
    This message by man next door has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 13
  19. RightOn Member

^^^ brb going to kill myself. my life is useless :(
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Puppetmama Member

Wow, thanks for stopping by to show us the error of our ways. Pro tip: you might get further if you learn to write in English.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. RightOn Member

wait.... I guess I won't be back. duh! :D
    • Funny Funny x 2
  22. RightOn Member

in that French report. 12 million members now? Did Cos up their membership from 8 to 12 mil now?
    If anyone speaks French, maybe you can tell this news station that is is more like 25,000 if that
  23. Ogsonofgroo Member

Smells like same butt-hurt troll who has had a couple of inherant idiocies shot down in flames of burning sammiches.

Whiney biatch, meh. Oh and a big FUCK YOU OSA! Ya bunch of pathetic melon-reamers.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yup, lazy jounalists are lazy everywhere, French fail-monkeys are no different, just re-breathing the scilon's spew and not really jounalling anything. When a media outlet regurgitates the CoS lines you can be pretty much assured they're just riding other coat-tails/stories and don't give a whit, too lazy to do 20mins research at grade-school level, are they even worth correcting? ~ fk 'em if they can't get it right.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. OTeleventy Member

Let's break this down for you, my friend.

1. "This forum."

I presume you mean WWP. Okay. Thank you.

2. "Is nothing."

Flunk. It is not "nothing." It is indeed "something." Okay. Thank you.

3. "Is nothing but a weak attempt at degrading the human kind and humanity."

I confess that one of us needs to word clear a whole bunch of shit in this sentence.

Let's start with weak. Mmmm. I'd say you're wrong. Whatever else you might say about the "attempts,"I daresay "weak" doesn't fit and thus you didn't word clear properly.

But, be that as it may, let's move on to "degrading the human kind and humanity." No. You obviously have an MU on degrading, if that's what you think this site is doing. This site - these people here - want to save people from the degradation that is scientology. You need to dare to know the truth. Therefore it is YOU that is weak. Okay, thank you.

(Can't help myself, so I just have to say that your use of the article "the" in that sentence is nonsensical. But I am not surprised that an adherent to the scientology cult would be uneducated and a poor writer and grammarian.)

4. And finally, no one here is degrading themselves. The people here ... the Anons... work tirelessly to take down this criminal organization that you support and so help restore the dignity stolen from your cult's victims. Okay, thank you.

5. Your own oneself? WTF?

TL; DR. Fuck off. Okay, thank you.
    • Winner Winner x 7
  26. Anonymous Member

Wow Samki! Dats a lot of effort (and right on the money too), but probably a wasted effort.

Some caeks? > cake-boss-more-cake-photos-284x212.jpg

250px-Pound_layer_cake.jpg

Now off to de-grade myself with dinner!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  27. OTeleventy Member

Okay. My medicine (yep, I'm sticking to that description) makes me chatty. Shoot me. Okay, don't shoot me. ;)

Dayam, that caek looks good! ?.......

...What were we talking about?
    • Funny Funny x 3
  28. jensting Member

Finally! This review made it http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R34PI16XYD0Z7V/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008XOJ7C2&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

Yep, there are tiny differences between this version and the two previous ones. Notably, I make no allusion at all to what the name of the author is, to whom the author is related or what positions are held by any such relations (if she is in fact related to anyone at all!).

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  29. jensting Member

The English press arrives on the scene! After a metric so-and-so-ton of publicity for John Sweeney's book (all of which it deserves, of course), we now have

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/newsreview/features/article1210687.ece Title "I’m six, uncle – don’t make me lug rocks"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276793/Jenna-Miscavige-Hill-Niece-Scientology-chief-writes-forced-drudge-rocks-cold-streams-urged-children-fled-church.html title "Niece of Scientology chief reveals how she was forced to 'drudge rocks up from cold streams and urged not to have children' before she fled the church"

Welcome to the party!

Amazon ranking: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/books/277535/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_4_last

On Amazon we have Jenna in second rank (after Sweeney) and so on, all the way down to L Ron Hubbard at number 10 in the rankings. David "he is NOT insane!" Miscavige might have held off publicity for a while, but now it looks more like a free-for-all.

EDIT: Ooops, I forgot John Sweeney in the Guardian. https://whyweprotest.net/community/...religion-by-john-sweeney.108817/#post-2271675
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. fishypants Moderator

Sunday Times article is paywalled.

Here it is in full:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  31. RightOn Member

:D
    heh heh enjoy the openings of your idle morgues mofos
    • Funny Funny x 1
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology Leader’s Niece Spills Church’s Secrets – Buckets Of Ice Dumped On Your Head For Being Late, Coerced Abortions & Manual Labor | Radar Online

By Amber Goodhand

The niece of Scientology head David Miscavige continues to expose the shocking secrets behind the church and their operations in her new tell-all book and RadarOnline.com has details of Jenna Miscavige Hill‘s claims of manual labor, members having a bucket of ice water dumped on their heads and members being coerced into having abortions.

Jenna, 29, left the organization in 2005 but has penned the book Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology And My Harrowing Escape revealing what it was like to be a young child in the elite Sea Org. branch of the Church of Scientology.

Jenna claims she was mostly raised by other members of the organization, instead of her own parents — who were leaders in the Sea Org but left in 2000 when she was 16 years old — yet Jenna remained for another five years but was blocked by the church from communicating with her family.

“If you flunked your uniform inspection, sometimes if you were late… You would be dumped with a five-gallon bucket of ice water,” Jenna told journalist Philip Recchia in 2008.

“We were also required to write down all transgressions…similar to a sin in the Catholic religion. After writing them all down, we would receive a meter check on the Electropsychometer to make sure we weren’t hiding anything, and you would have to keep writing until you came up clean. This is from the age of 5 until I was 12.”

In Jenna’s book she claims the Internet and television is banned while at Sea Org so it wasn’t until she was sent to Australia on a missionary trip by the church that she discovered the negative views on the Church of Scientology and particularly her uncle David.

Having children was also discouraged by Sea Org and Jenna told The Huffington Post she knew members that were coerced into terminating their pregnancies.

“If you do become pregnant when you’re there, you get kicked out,” she said.

“Or many of my friends were actually coerced into having abortions.”

Since her escape from Sea Org Jenna has married (her husband was also a member of Scientology but also left) and they have two children together.

“I’ve struggled to see what was going on in their minds when I was a child but more than anyone I understand that when you’re there you’re being brainwashed,” Jenna told The Huffington Post of her parents.

“We can’t change the past. But my parents are unbelievably great grandparents. They love my kids. What better way to make up for something like that?”

Source, and open comments:
    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...ced-abortions-buckets-ice-water-manual-labor/
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  34. RolandRB Member

I wish this book would be released in German. I think the reaction would be spectacular.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  35. From a Scientology? website:
    [IMG]
    http://castilecanyonschool.org/ <<< Mod edit: Caution!!!Scientology website
  36. another123 Member

Update: Amazon US Best Sellers in Scientology
    :) No. 1 : Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape
    :( No.14: first scientology publication in list
    • Like Like x 5
  37. Random guy Member

38. DeathHamster Member

By an amazing coincidence, it's at the same IP address as whoisdebbiecook.com
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  39. Anonymous Member

?? there is nothing at whoisdebbiecook.com
    • Funny Funny x 1
  40. The Wrong Guy Member