Customize

Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyRUClear Member

re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Is there a tl;dr of this?? Very interesting!

His ideas are kinda jumbled and mercurial (at least IMO), but his story hasn't changed. I believe him to be honest, just with a swirling, unsettled world view. If he wants to be on the list and he's answering questions about Scn, that's good enough for me.
  2. RightOn Member

He was in court with them... so good enough
  3. RightOn Member

hi,
    any way you can read through these links that you provided and see if they list how many years they were in, and what positiion they had? etc.....I do not speak French. It is best to fill in these balnks whenever possible while submitting a name, so it can be more complete.
  4. firebug Member

Bruce Hines Auditor ex-Sea Org 30 years in

5. peterstorm Member

For a lot of'em they don't really say. They tell sob stories but nothing about their position and stuff.

i'll look it up though
  6. anuslight Member

how was this german journalist that went in for a couple of months for reserch resasons, he should be on list (even if his purpose was not to clear the galaxy)
    He went in,he left and spoke out..
  7. RightOn Member

ATTENTION ALL COMPUTER SAVY FAGGOTS!!!!!!

When I started this list, I had no idea that it was going to take off the way it did. I originally thought I would be just be adding names and links and that would be the extent to it.

It is obvious now, that this list has even greater potential then I could have imagined. I couldn't be happier.

BUT.... it is also obvious that this list needs to be polished and put in a different format which is more user friendly, pleasing to the eye, and is more workable all the way around.
    Sadly, I do not have the computer skills it woukd take to do this. The last thing I want to do is stand in the way of this list shining like it should.

So.. I am asking all computer savy faggots who would be interested in stepping up to the plate and taking this list and making it what it should be.

If you are interested, please list your formatt idea, the way you will do it, maintain it etc... and if you are able to put time into it and keep up with its updates.

Since this list is a communal project and everyone has been great in submitting info and names.... I think it is only fair that everyone can vote on the best person to take it over.
    Besides, not being computer savy..... I wouldn't be the best judge either.

When we have that list of people who want to take it over, everyone can vote on who they feel is better qualified. Seem fair?
    When the list slows up as far as filling in the blanks and adding names, this will be the time for someone to take it over.

I plan on working on it next Monday and Tuesday when I have more time. I will mainly be trying to fill in info of the names that have nothing next to them. I have asked if anyone wanted to help by taking a chunk of names (like all the "C"s) and try to fill in the blanks on them, but I havn't had any takers. Just got to let me and others know what section you are working on. so work isn't doubled up. The faster we can get this list done and ready to revamp it, the better!

In the mean time I will continue to add names and info.

I ask if you are submitting a name for the list, to please ADD more info if you can. BRIEF info.
    The name,how long they were in, their position, and any link to them speaking out. I have been unsucessful with adding any vids from Youtube, as the whole vid shows up in the listing. So if you can find another source , that would be better.

I only ask that I am remembered as the originator of the list. Not to sound like a attention whore or baby (ok maybe a baby), but I am super proud of my idea, and it is one of the best things I have done against COS since I started to fight.
    I am not bailing, I am just not qualified. I wish I didn't have to. :(

Also would be great if anyone can translate the list into a different language, so when the website is up, they can click on a link to the transated list they need.

So... anyone want to take over this list when it's ready to go?
    Sorry newbies can not be considered for obvious reasons.
    Thinks it's best if whoever is interested in reformatting the list, and wants to be considered, not to list as annonumously. IMO
    LIST YOUR SKILZ!
  8. Avery1 Member

I'm not up for managing this list due to time constraints, but I did manage to excel-ify the current 313 name list, which may be an easier starting point for anyone opting to take on this project.

EXCEL http://filebin.ca/scgrjd

PDF http://filebin.ca/omwuvq

It's the same info. Some typos fixed. The links are in full. Have at it.
  9. Anonymous Member

Buy a hosting package that gives us a mySQL database.

Create the database uploading information to it.

Create a php app that displays this info as XML, so it can be used by many types of solutions.

Create a php/jquery or flex application to list the names in a clear way with minimal page scrolling, probably ajax so page doesn't even have to reload.

This list is for web browsing.

Also provide a button to download the full list as text/csv for handing out etc.

Allow the user to sort or filter the list based on some criteria, like age, OT level, time in, time out, etc. Also should provide a name search.

my 4 cents.
  10. RightOn Member

Who are you referring to?
  11. ElenaP Member

Reporter Ally or Allie Davis??? this reporter is from UK, did undercover story:
  12. RightOn Member

if she went in undercover as a reporter,
    I don't agree with this name being added. Anyone else?
    I mean didn't Ian Halprin do the same?
  13. Anonymous Member

Fredy Gareis?
  14. RightOn Member

A friend of mine had this reply to your post. I have no idea what either one of you are talking about, so here you go:

Part of the site should provide sample javascript to embed the XML feed into existing websites and proper ways to reference/cite the list.

I’d offer that the data architecture may start like this

peopleTable:

userID

Firstname

Lastname

Nickname

DateCreated

DateEdited

TimeIn

TimeOut

DateLeft

DateSpokeOut

OTLevel

linkTable:

userID

Link

LinkURL

With this database setup it makes it easy to put lots of links in for a single person and would be easy to track. By including the DateCreated, which is when the record is entered into the database, it would be possible to create RSS feeds that show the most recent people to speak out. The importance is being able to easily transmit the data to other websites via XML/RSS. The secondary part is the actual web interface to view/search on the site. If the XML is done properly then it would be simple to mirror the data on a lot of websites so the original or master site may not actually be the normal place to get the data. I think its critical that whoever develop this make sure that webmasters use the RESTful XML feeds to repost rather than download to repost.

To make the site hard, if not impossible, to hack I highly recommend setting up the web pages to be static HTML running off of XML files that are published behind the scenes daily. This means that the site would be all static except the administrative data entry side which could be done via SSH by a select few individuals that maintain the data. Hacking should be considered something that will be attempted constantly so making the entire site published as static content will prevent 99% of all potential threats. For this I would have two sites, a secret URL or possibly just an IP address based site that stores the SQL data and acts as the publisher to the public website which contains only .HTML and .XML files with all server side scripting languages turned off.
  15. Anonymous Member

Yep, your friend sounds about right to me. I would add a table to the DB so we can show connections between people (wife of/son of/supervisor of) and it could be used to show people that are in that the people out have a connection still...like how BFG used to audit Tom Cruise. Also, maybe a blob field so short bios could be inserted as well as time progresses. These items would be easy to add after the fact.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

18. RightOn Member

This member does not list their last name in that post or in their profile.
    SO I won't be listing this name unless you can find another post wihich shows both names and that they are speaking out publicly with ther full name
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=220172&postcount=10
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

23. RightOn Member

24. RightOn Member

25. tazor Member

It will be fine. She is Feral's wife and he signs all his posts with his real name. :)
  26. RightOn Member

Don't have Ferals name on the list.
    What is Feral's full name?
    Won't list Vickey Mackey unless she is posting or speaking out with her real name of if there is another link for her?
  27. tazor Member

This was posted by Feral on ESMB:

"Feral; Kevin Mackey.

Mrs Pattycake is Vicky Mackey

Both Scientologists for 26 year. OT VII, IAS Patron, Cornerstones. Ex staff.

Let it be known the bridge is a pier that drops you off in very cold, deep, dark water."
  28. randomx Member

And from New Zealand we have

Genny Long and Lance Hoskins.

Genny is ex staff Sydney. Auditor.

Lance is ex staff Auckland and ex Sea org.
    Where he worked at Gold, Flag, Tokyo, Dallas, Minneapolis, Chicago,
    and New York. Then he was the Flag Service Rep. for ANZO in 1989.

Here they both are live on National radio with Mike Ferriss (Director of Special Affairs)

15.4 MB
    http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/ntn/nt...-_former_NZ_scientologists_speaks_out-048.mp3
  29. Avery1 Member

Only counting the years for exes who have a definitive number posted... this list so far represents:

1289 YEARS of SCIENTOLOGY EXPERIENCE
  30. AnotherMrPink Member

So what, that makes about $112.32 in paid total wages?
  31. re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

LOL!
  32. tazor Member

But <9000 gazillion in pain and suffering. :D
  33. RightOn Member

Will be catching up later tomorrow....taking a break
  34. JohnnyRUClear Member

I think that's correct. I watched the 3-part YT video of that program maybe 1-2 months ago now. Pretty interesting.

Re: the database advice, I don't know much about the current tools and stuff on the market, but you're getting good advice as far as the underlying table structures and that kind of thing, and the rest sounds good as far as I can understand it. There is one exception; see below.

One thing I'd suggest is to plan this to be a long-term effort, in case it does still take years to shut this bitch down. By that, I mean don't have a field called "currently {whatever}" or "time since {whenever}" or anything of that sort. Just store known dates and then calc current durations based on them. So, for example, the date the person left would be a datum to be stored in a table. The amount of time since that date, would not be. That would be something which will change literally every day, so don't try to store it in the database. Calc it (by subtracting the date the person left from today's date) when someone asks for it in a query.

If that doesn't make sense, just have your database nerd friend translate it for you. :)
  35. Anonymous Member

Chris Collbran - ex CO CMO Africa
    Christie Collbran - ex CMO Africa

Neither have stories posted on a board but were recently (within the last 2-3 months) declared "SP" for speaking out to others about David Miscavige.
  36. moxie Member

On the list her name is spelled as Conova. It is Canova.
    She was one of the first celebrity scis to speak out. She also played a hot nympho on television.

An article from Premier Magazine in which she talks about how scis royally treat celebrities and generally screw everyone is reprinted here

The poor and famous Hollywood Scientologist

From the same article you can add Nan Herst Bower, another ex,who speaks out about her son disconnecting from her and being fair gamed.
  37. moxie Member

Rose Simpson (Singer, Incredible String Band) was mayor of Aberystwyth, Wales after blowing.

Dini Petty ( Canadian talk show host)

Both have spoken out in interviews
  38. Anonymous Member

Sounds like overpaid volunteers with > $10 million in freeloader's debts.
  39. re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

I took a trot down memory lane - here
    - Reconnection - UK Newsletter

and copied many names - there will be duplicates and I make no apology for that.

Most of these names I know or did know personally. They were the first wave - the real "old guard". In those days we were still "believers" but after time I think most of us became normal again! Sadly many have died.

ALL spoke out and are officially declared SP's.

There are a LOT more!! I just can't remember them all. Many thousand over the last 28 years and a few before then.

**** list removed by request from righton to save confusion
  40. pedrofcuk Member

Yay! I'm on the list! Wahoo! First name: Pete - Last name: Griffith(s)/ Griffin
    If any exs remember me, say Hi!
    If any good people I got into the cult want to kick my ass, ok! Get it over with! Quick! I have a life to live!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.