Customize

Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

2. Ramona Member

re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

This was actually a serious question. Is Enid Vien still alive? She was quite scathing, once upon a time.

3. RightOn Member

Thanks Ramona, will add Enid to the list, this article is good enough to of course to quailfyas speaking out.
    Don't know if she is stil alive.
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

This Enid Vien ? http://www.dynamism.org/
  6. pooks Member

7. Anonymous Member

8. Anonymous Member

9. RightOn Member

Fabulous thanks!

also guize, if you can possibly find out how long they were in or their positions, for ones that are already posted or any new names that you are going to submit, that would help out lots. It is difficult for me to plow through every link and read to see if positions or how long they were in are mentioned.

UPDATE:
    Don't fret people, if you provided me with names and they are not up yet, it is because the list is being alphabetized by a friend, :), while I do other stuff and I don't want to add new names now until I get the list back all alphabetized and with a head count.

I hope to get it back tomorrow. And like I said, I will be able to add the new names on Monday and Tuesday. I also have more to add.

I am really bowled over by the amount of help from everyone. People are really pulling together and making this come together.
    The more help the quicker this list will shine.
    Patt yourselfs all on the back for making this list, better, bigger and totally WIN
    THANK YOU!!!
  10. RightOn Member

No mention of Bill Offerman in this article. Is there another link perhaps?
    Itis REALLY tedious to go through and read EVERY article.
    If you can provide the info from these links it would help out a whole lot and save tons of time.
  11. Anonymous Member

FTA: "But one of the protesters disputed that said ex-Scientologist Bill Offermann, a 63-year-old painting contractor who attended the rally and is not a member of the group [anonymous], although he communicates with its members. "
  12. RightOn Member

13. RightOn Member

Oh shi...
    ok sorry....I am going cross eyed reading through these articles.
    thanks for cleaing that one up. :)
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

Emile Gilbert
    Kathryn Smith
    Dianne Fairfield
    Marion Evoy
    Bryan Levman

Scientology in Canada - complete
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

Chris Evans: Notes

Howard D. Schomer
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Anonymous Member

Christina Otto

From print newspaper excerpt:
  25. Anonymous Member

26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

28. RightOn Member

Holy crap! woke up to a wall of names!!!! YAY!!!!
    You guise ROCK!

One suggestion that would speed this process along alot: (I keep requesting this over and over)

If you can possibly skim the links you are sending me and try to find out how long these people were in and their positions if any?? (for ones that are already posted or any new names that you are going to submit, that would help out lots.)

***** It is difficult and tedious for me to plow through every link and read to see if positions or how long they were in are mentioned. I did it for over 2 hours last night on a group of names.
    If your provide me with the info from within the links, it will go MUCH quicker and save me some sanity. :) ********

The following is the most important when you send with a name and a link:
    NAME, YEARS IN, POSITION HELD, AREA

Pleeeeeeasssse read the links you are sending me to see if you can pull out any BASIC info out of them. I do't want mini bios on these people , just the basics

****This will save a ton of work on trying to fill in this stuff later on*******

Also it is easier for me if you post the names and info on the forum rather than PM'ing me, it's esier to keep track that way.Just of course post anonymously if you want your ID known.

For newbies: when you want to post a name click on " Go Advanced " and then click on the box that reads "Post Anonymously".

One more thing, can anyone settle this question?- Martine Boublil ? her brother was Scio, was she?

Thank you, carry on!
  29. Zak McKracken Member

Deist.
    Scientist? Maybe.
    Scientologist? wat.

Some of the others are well-known Sci-fighters.
    Some are relatively common names.

I would like to see moar dox, before inclusion, plz.

Edit:
    Ok.
    It's really just the first name that throws me off. The rest seem more-or-less legit.
  30. RightOn Member

Ok!!!
    The list is now alphabetized by LAST NAME (need to go through and tweak here and there)

THE COUNT AS OF TODAY IS 349!

this does not inlcude the ton of names I am going to add Monday.
    So from here on, I will update the tally as I ago!
  31. auchraw Member

Martine Boublil was a member of Scientology but left several years ago.
  32. Anonymous Member

Be my guest.

33. Anonymous Member

See post #501 above.
  34. Anonymous Member

More on Martine:

Google Translate

35. Anonymous Member

It is also tedious to find these in the first place. I spent 6 hours doing so yesterday. Since you still have to click on the links to verify them (you are verifying all these names, right?) you will already be half way to getting this info.

I know that you're trying to save time on your end, but please understand that I'm already sacrificing much time in finding these names.

I'm more concerned with finding the names right now. IMHO the other fields can be filled in and tweaked once we've hit more of a brickwall with finding new names.
  36. RightOn Member

Thanks, I only got up to post 498 last night. I have to plow through the links people send to try to find how long they were in and their position they had. It's taking forever.

If whenever possible.....
    All names that you submit should have
    Name, how long they were in and position, area (if the info is available in the link that is sent)
    thanks!
    349 guys and counting!!!
    Want to get it up to 500!!!! GO GO GO!!!!!
  37. RightOn Member

Six hours? holy crap!
    Yes I totally understand!!!
    I just thought if we can save some time, and not have to go back and fill in as much, it would be better all around time wise and for the people viewing the list.
    And yes I am checking names that are sent.
    Perhaps your right... I should just to try to just get the names up there for now. I was doing that in the beginning, but then thought it was better to fill in as much as possible when adding a new name as I went along.

Thank you again! Your help is MOST appreciated and thank you so much for helping to make this list a wall of names.
  38. JohnnyRUClear Member

wiki FTW
  39. RightOn Member

Johnny,
    can't people edit wiki though?
    And I am not just talking about Sci fags

I am afraid I will look at it in Wiki and it will say "List of Suppressive Haters Who Spoke Out Against Scientology"
    And can't people edit the names and the links too?
  40. JohnnyRUClear Member

One would think so. Yet, wikipedia.

I'm not educated in how or why it works, I just see that it does and that you need to do something, here. Others will have to provide actual expertise. About the only thing I could help with would be mapping out a database structure (tables, fields, indices, etc.). Not a pro, but have taken a couple of classes and enjoy doing it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.