Customize

Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrevAnon Member

Re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

I don't think many people beside us know about this, and I do not think it is interesting for many outsiders any more.

1. The Scieno Netnanny seems to be no longer there - which is the most important reason.

2. Businesses know people have loads of tools for protecting themselves against ads (TiVo etc), unwanted telephone calls by marketeers, unwanted internet-content (the real NetNanny) etc etc.

3. Businesses will evaluate Scientology membership and hopefully get to the same conclusions as we have: Scientology does NOT have millions of followers...

tl;dr: Why would they care?
  2. RightOn Member

just thought it may be interesting thats all.
  3. RightOn Member

add link and info for:
    David Graham- left after 20 years, former high ranking member,
    Sydney, and LA, Ca., Declared
    Why I fled Scientology - National - smh.com.au

Add to Ruth Lorenzen's name-
    (formerly known as Ruth Johnson & Ruth Littman)
  4. RightOn Member

5. RightOn Member

Jerry E. Smith-currently an author and lecturer, staff San Fran, LA,Sea Org, Advanced Scheduling Registrar,(ASR), ASHO, LONG STORY OF HIS TIME I N COS
    Jerry E. Smith - Scientology -- Part Two
  6. RightOn Member

Anne Dailey- left after 24 years,interned NED auditor, Cl I, OT Preps, M1 Word clearer, HPWC, OEC 0, Fully hatted for all posts held
    Scientology Through The Door
    Scientology - Through the Door - Interviews
  7. RightOn Member

8. ethercat Member

You can be sure that a lot of people on the scieno nanny list know (and knew) about it - most of the people on it were posters to ARS at the time.

lulz, of course, even back then.
  9. Aneley Member

I want to just add the link for:

Hana Eltringham Whitfield -left after 20 years-Ship's Captain, Deputy Captain, Commodore's Staff Aide, Deputy

YouTube - XENUTV's Channel

she talks in this video around time 23:30.

p.s. I like how the list builds up! :)

All the best to everyone speaking out!
  10. Anonymous Member

Soo energizerbunny, oops I mean RightOn ;) what's your number of confirmations?
  11. RightOn Member

Well the list is staying "as is" here. The only thing I am doing to the list here, is fixing it by making sure the names are alphabetized correctly (many hyphened or multiple named people's names got screwed up when the list got apphabetized by last name) and I am also going to add links that are needed to the names already on here namd make other corrections like typos etc.....

EDITED: The count is at 526 now on the wiki.
    We need people to continue to dig for more names, and we are hoping more will come forward.
  12. Twine Member

Lily Wood is not a pseudo, nor is Laurence Evans. The rest seem to be pseudonyms.

I'm working on adding a ton of the stuff here to the wiki, I'll post about it all when I'm done.

Edit: Oh, actually it does look like Lily Wood is a pseudo. Laurence Evans has a cookie-cutter site, though, so that's a real name.
  13. Twine Member

AFAIK I updated everything on the last page-and-a-bit that wasn't updated. You can look at the edit logs to see if I missed anything. We're at 526 names.
  14. qwertyuiop1 Member

Add me now. My name is officially out there.

Michael Clancy
  15. Anonymous Member

yay qwerty!
  16. anon1mous Member

Looks good so far, Twine. Thanks for the new names! I'm trying to think of good places to find yet more names. Perhaps we should page Arnie Lerma? He might have some to add.

Also, I think we can look for more lawsuits filed by ex-Scientologists.
  17. qwertyuiop1 Member

Thanks!! This list is getting unwieldy. WOW. There's over 500 names so far. And this is only those that spoke out. You can only imagine the amount of silent exes. Its easily 50 to 1.

Michael Clancy
    Staff status 1
    Worked for ASHO Day, ASHO Foundation, INCOMM and The Chicago Org.

I was given 0 auditing and EXTENSIVE sec checks. I guess I went up the ethics side of the bridge (which just leads to the door).
  18. whoever Member

Did Gale actually speak publicly against Scientology? I have to admit, my memory of articles I read in the past is hazy, but I didn't think he had. The quotes in the link seem to be from people's reports of what he said to them personally. Are we considering that speaking out? (I am not arguing against including him, just posing this as a question.)
  19. Anonymous Member

I know our mods are very busy and all that, but IMHO it might be a good idea to clean this thread...?
  20. RightOn Member

quotes from Gale, he talked to the Boston Herald:
    I had left the church before I died. This is what I told the Boston Herald in a phone interview in 1998.

"It (Scientology) isn't the best practice. It didn't help me at all."

About the Study Tech--

"Study Tech? My personal opinion of the Study Tech is that it's a worthless formulation, a very mechanical thing."

The Purification Rundown--

"It's all ridiculous. You run, you go in a sauna, It's all very pseudoscientific."
  21. RightOn Member

Oh man , this is fantastic!! Made my day!!!!
  22. whoever Member

Oh...that's weird. When I view that page in Firefox, nothing before the Study Tech quote shows up. But I just looked at it in Safari and I could see the part about the Boston Herald.

(I doublechecked the Boston Herald article just to make sure he spoke on the record to them, and he did. Sorry to seem so skeptical; I just like to check original sources when possible.:))
  23. RightOn Member

No apology is needed.
    Fact checkers are needed and I welcome anything I post to be checked and double checked. I am only human, and I have made some big ass mistakes.
    It's a communal project that needs people checking stuff. :)

We need some more names though
    I have been taking a small break for now,,,, have had crap going on this week... but will start up again next week.
  24. RightOn Member

Thanks Twine! Much obliged!
  25. JohnnyRUClear Member

Excellent!

Er........???? Interview with a ghost??
  26. Anonymous Member

Dox or GTFO. Seriously. We need a media resource.
  27. RightOn Member

err. nope.
    The interview with the Boston Herald is verified in an earlier post
  28. Twine Member

29. qwertyuiop1 Member

Yeah OK. sure thing boss. right on it sir. LOL seriously here you go.

Here I am chatting with a local paper reporter

Heres some more of my story and part 2

Here is my channel
    YouTube - adsfgfdhgsgjsdfg's Channel

Is that enough? I can dig up more if you would like.
  30. anon1mous Member

Michael! Thank you so much for speaking out publicly. I had seen your videos long ago and was pleased with how informative they were. Your story was captivating.

Keep up the good work. I think that your videos will inspire more of those who have been abused (particularly sea-orgers) to denounce this criminal cult.
  31. qwertyuiop1 Member

Thanks. Now if the rest of the exes lurking could realize there is nothing much they can do about us then we can continue to have the strengh in numbers.

Wake up folks. dont let this crap happen to anyone else. The reason I speak out is because they pushed me to. if I would have been left alone I would have gone back into hiding. This proves we are safe. (I have no interest in commiting suicide OSA) Besides most of us are low level and below the radar. its just that there are sooo many of us thats killing them.

Appologize and make amends scientology. You cant hurt people and expect them to lay down like dogs.
  32. Anonymous Member

I lol'd

....and then lol'd again!
  33. whoever Member

I know, lol. That's what made me go back to the original article!
  34. RightOn Member

Mike you are incredible and kudos on the big step forward, you made my day the other day. Thanks for your bravery and it will encourage others.
    And although I am not adding new names to the list here, since you are on this forum all the time I think it is only right to add your name here too.
    Can you give me what you would like it to say next to your name?
  35. auchraw Member

I found a reference to Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields being 'second string Scientologists' in 2007 when they organised a do to raise funds for Narconon in Hawaii. Did they leave? Have they spoken out?

ITT: Narconon and Scientology roasted on Cracked.com new list
  36. Anonymous Member

37. whoever Member

Link?

It sounds bogus to me. I guess it's possible one or both of them got involved in some Narconon thing as part of a make-nice-with-Tom deal. But with their views on psych drugs they are definitely not Scientologists.
  38. RightOn Member

39. Anonymous Member

Question ....
    Joseph Yanny was a lawyer for COS for two years. Was he a Scientologist?
    Aren't most COS lawyers, Scientologists?
    He ended up in court with them, but I can't find out if he was a scio or not. He is not in the data base
  40. RightOn Member

Also Harry Palmer and Avra Honey Smith. They are responsible for the Avatar cult, a spin off cult for Scientology?
    They were in COS for 15 years at the Elmira NY Org... (I think) it was written that they wish to forget their COS ties, although Avatar has a lot of crap taken from COS corses etc....
    Shoudl they be listed or not? They are pretty much dispicable people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.