Customize

Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

2. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

At the risk of seeming obsessed:

He was found crying, as a kid, and simply answered the questions the cops asked him. No, I don't think that qualifies as him choosing to publicly speak out about the cult. He should be remembered, just not included in that list -- yet. Perhaps he'll resurface....
  3. Anonymous Member

Can someone find the link to this video please? It's not showing up in searches.
  4. hotdog57 Member

Their are loads of them, This is the guy I got out of Scientology and saved his entire family,
    so give me a few hr and I can tell you the names of utube Darren is in.
    and I wanted to thank who ever help me with wiki because my video or utube is now next to my name, This make me happey.
    Peter Devaney jr
  5. hotdog57 Member

On Darren May most of his utube were by Moronymous and that person web sit was jacked, but Darren May is with me on the utube called.
    Toothless Bull Baitor class 4 auditor Anonymous Gerry Armstrong tech. by Skepptiksowan.
    he is the freezoner behind me and he talks on that utube, he is wearing black and I am wearing a red bandana with brown jackit, it,s a kick ass utube
  6. RightOn Member

7. RightOn Member

8. Anonymous Member

Have just finished reading A Piece of Blue Sky by Jon Atack A Piece Of Blue Sky - Scientology, Dianetics and L. Ron Hubbard Exposed There are quite a few people mentioned in the book who are not on the list. Here are some of them

Jocelyn Armstrong who was Gerry Armstrong's wife who testified in court on his behalf A Piece Of Blue Sky - Part 8, Chapter 1: Scientology At Law
    Morag Bellmaine who appears in the book A Piece Of Blue Sky - Part 7, Chapter 4: Stamp Out The Squirrels! and also in a TV documentry Part 3 Scientology, the Cult Business (TV South video)
    Charles Berner A Piece Of Blue Sky - Part 3, Chapter 7: The World's First Real Clear and here Enlightenment Intensive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will add extra names later but my computer link is playing up
  9. RightOn Member

Joe Boyd- manager of the Incredible String Band, was a Scientologist for a time in the early 1970s, left when he was told that friends who were hostile to Scientology were interfering with his progress and he must disassociate from them
    Disconnection: Definition from Answers.com

Gulliver Smithers-The Mail interviewed Gulliver Smithers, in 1984, a former Scientologist who had left the group's base at Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead at age 14
  10. outoforder Member

Mary Corydon who is/was Bent Corydon wife. This is a link of some people who sued Scientology with Michael Flynn as there lawyer Excerpts from Church of Scientology IRS 1023 Application and A Piece Of Blue Sky - Part 7, Chapter 2: The Scientology War

John Hansen who appears on a similar list from another site that needs cross-checking Ex-Scientologists Who Are Openly Critical Of The Cult Of Scientology & A Piece Of Blue Sky - Part 7, Chapter 3: Splintering along with his wife who also appears in this link http://www.fzaoint.net/Reconnection/Reconnection07.pdf
  11. RightOn Member

12. Anonymous Member

13. RightOn Member

^^ who?
  14. Re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

This Guy???
    Ron (Hubbard) DeWolfe - Hubbard's son! - Executive Secretary,"Better than 90 percent of what my father has written about himself is untrue." , his story

I never thought I would be saying this but..............NEWFAG.
  15. RightOn Member

I said who? because I couldn't beleive he would have actually been asking about DeWolf. Everyone knows he is already on the list.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. RightOn Member

18. JohnnyRUClear Member

Everyone? EVERYONE?? Who's everyone? Everyone is you. And you're insane. You... are... insane. Look at me: You Are Insane.

You're nuts!
  19. outoforder Member

20. outoforder Member

Not everyone knows Ron DeWolf is L.Ron Hubbard's son. By putting him down as L.Ron Hubbard Jr it becomes more clear
  21. RightOn Member

you are stuck in an incident
  22. RightOn Member

All names below:
    from their resignatons from Scientology printed in the Reconnection magazine issues 1 to 4 - 1983-4

Derek Toombs-
    Diana Fearon-
    Don Summons-
    Dora Atack-
    Emma Mitchell-
    Eric Ballard-
    Fiona Cowe-
    Frankie Robinson-
    Gary Earle-
    Gavin Stott-
    George Fearon-
    George Hanson-
    Harinder Lawley-
    Heather Wray-
    Helen Silcock- a
    Henry Baczkowski (1961, Clear No 4084, OTIII)
    Horag Bellmaine-
    Ian Moore-
    Irene Kaye-
    Iris Palfreyman-
    Jeanny Hanson (on Solo NOTs, Cl VI)-
    Jenny Lansdale
    Joanne Dancer

add info to John Mace (Founding Scientologist, new OTV, Cl VI)

Joyce Barnes (1964, OTI, Ex Pgms Chief FOLO UK and Flag)
    Julian Bell (1975 on NOTs)
    Ken Wood-
    Kim Hutton-
    Linda Tedman-
    Manuel Rodriquez
    Margaret Jennings
    Marie-Sylvie Patterson

add this info to Martin Ruston (1964, on NOTs, Clear No 2359)

Maryon Stewart
    Maurice Broad
    Mauricio Cattarossi
    Mel Slnith
    Michelle Brown (1978 OTIV NED)
    Mick Alpin
    Mike Lawley
    Mike Wray
    Mitch Beedie
    Mohamed Bouderba
    Nancy Carter
    Neville Chamberlain-declared
    Nicky Devlin
    Noella Milner
    Pam Baczkowska
    Pan Hurwitz
    Patrick Tedman
    Peter Impey
    Peter J Webb
    Peter Silcock

add this infor to Ron Lawley when he gets listed- 1973, on NOTs, Cl IV, OEC)

Philip Gardiner
    Phyllis Preece (1961, Grade IV)
    Ron Biggs
    Shoura Davies
    Stephen Davies
    Steve Bisby
    Steve Kaye
    Steve Robinson
    Sue Fisher
    Terry Brown (1978 OTIII HQS)
    Terry Scott
    Thelma Hodges
    Tony Moss
    Unni Auker
    Val Alpin
    Vicky Ballard
    Vince Barnes
    Yaron Hillel

Ex-Scientologists Who Are Openly Critical Of The Cult Of Scientology

I am working on this list above^^^ at this link and adding names as I confirm that they are not already on the list. Just thought I would mention it in case someone else is working on the same list of names from that link. (so not to double up on work)

EDITED: ALL DONE with this link.... ahhhhhhh my eyes!!!!!

THIS SHOULD PUT US WAY OVER 700!!!! YAHOO!!!!!
  23. RightOn Member

then they can just add it to Dewolfe's name if that info is not aleady listed with his name.
    Dont want two listings of the same person
  24. RightOn Member

BUMPING FOR JUSTICE..... after all names are added to the wiki that were just posted we will be over 700!
  25. Anonymous Member

I thought they were on your list before the wiki was started, from this post
    I should've double-checked *sigh*
  26. RightOn Member

huh??
    sorry.... derp.... I am dead tired,
    dont' know what you mean
  27. ethercat Member

He means that the list from reachingforthetippingpoint.net came from here originally. Y'all said spread it around, so we were spreading it around. :)

And somehow you've got the WAP2 low bandwidth version, instead of the pretty version: Ex-Scientologists Who Are Openly Critical Of The Cult Of Scientology
  28. hotdog57 Member

Thank you RightOn for your time and help and ever one else who has help,
    make this list .
    I would hope that ever one is Thank full for RightOn help because I am sure he only does this out of the goodness of his heart.
    and his only intention is to free others.
  29. Anonymous Member

The list is now 710 names long and the wiki page is over 100Kb in size!
  30. Anonymous Member

vader_thumbs_up.jpg
  31. RightOn Member

yawn....good morning
    OHHHH..ok
    got yah.
    I got that list from someone else's post.
  32. RightOn Member

You are quite welcome hotdog.
    I thank all the people who have helped compile names here and all who are doing the wiki.

It made my entire year this year when some people came out because of this list. I hope a lot more will follow suit.
    I am thrilled it has reached over 700. Moving on to 800.

And a pep talk.....
    To all the ex's Scis who are thinking of joining the list...
    Your name can help others wake up and leave or stop people from getting in!
    OR perhaps someone will find a person that they have been looking for or you can find a long lost friend that is also out that you would like to reconnect with.

Your story is extremely important and it should be heard by all. Think of the huge hole it shoots in Scientology's claims of only a handful of people leaving! Be part of that hole!

Scientology won't be able to claim that all these names and stories are lies. There are just too damn many now! Remember strength in numbers! Carry On!

also!! if anyone has an account on OCB or ESK can you please let people know the new number??? THANKS
  33. RightOn Member

I offer this song as inspiration to all ex's on the fence about joining the list....... and to all who are thinking of leaving Scientology...

If anyone has an account on OCB or ESK can you please let people know the new number of 710 and post this video with it??? THANKS
    I know NYPA.... but any help is appreciated!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3Rm4MSX-g"]YouTube - Cat Stevens- If you want to sing out[/ame]
  34. RightOn Member

Anthony Braxton- musician who joined a group called Circle with Chick Corea. He left Scientology.
    ”I found Scientology very interesting, especially some of the techniques they developed for having people brainwash themselves,” Braxton says. ”But this was not what I wanted to be part of.”
    Dodging Bricks and Scientologists

Edited:
    other "Circle" band members also left Scientology.... Stanely Clarke and Barry Altshaul, but I can't find them speaking out against COS.
    Dave Holland may still be in?
    If anyone can find these guys speaking out, please list it.
  35. RightOn Member

36. Anonymous Member

The eight names in blue from the Reconnection magazine are listed as independent Scientologists, and are not in the "resigned" lists of the magazine, so that detail about them needs to be changed in Righton's list in the original post of this thread. The details on the wiki are already corrected.
    The yet to be included names from the independent Scientologists list (that are not also in the resignations list) from the magazine are here in green:
    Bob Ainsworth
    Armorel Allen
    Brian Auker
    Andrew Brown
    Alan Groothius
    Adrian Ribolla
    Adrienne Scott
    Barrie Weller

Mick Alpin
    Val Alpin
    Unni Auker
    Vince Barnes
    Eric Ballard
    Vicky Ballard
    Horag Bellmaine
    Steve Bisby
    Mohamed Bouderba
    Maurice Broad
    Michelle Brown
    Mauricio Cattarossi
    Neville Chamberlain
    Fiona Cowe
    Diana Fearon
    George Fearon
    Sue Fisher
    Philip Gardiner
    George Hanson
    Yaron Hillel
    Thelma Hodges
    Pan Hurwitz
    Kim Hutton
    Peter Impey
    Irene Kaye
    Steve Kaye
    Jenny Lansdale
    Harinder Lawley
    Mike Lawley
    Debbie Leighton
    Noella Milner
    Emma Mitchell
    Tony Moss
    Iris Palfreyman
    Marie-Sylvie Patterson
    Frankie Robinson
    Steve Robinson
    Manuel Rodriquez
    Helen Silcock
    Peter Silcock
    Don Summons
    Mel Smith
    Darrell Sykes
    Linda Tedman
    Patrick Tedman
    Peter J Webb
    Heather Wray
    Mike Wray

I mention this due to a possible need to establish that these people were actually Scientologists before becoming independent, instead of never being church members beforehand. If someone can find them in Completion lists that'd be enough. It's clear a lot of these have the same last names as those on the resignations list so are probably family members of them.

If we need a vote about inclusion (does being listed in a magazine as independent alongside those that formally left the church qualify as speaking out?), then saying no will reduce the current tally by 8, saying yes will increase the tally by 48.
  37. RightOn Member

Ohhhh, I see what you mean. Didn't think of it that way.
    The list I took the names from were ALL listed under resignations I thought.

Will try to find out some more info on them
  38. RightOn Member

Bob Ainsworth I believe was in:
    From ESK:
    People from London/UK/elsewhere - Ex Scientologist Message Board

Bob ended up auditing NOTs at Saint Hill for a year or so in the early 80s, then ran off with Julie Price, a NOTs auditor and still married to non-SO Rufus Price, if I remember correctly.

Paul

It was about 1981 in London that I was friends with Joanne Dancer and Bob Ainsworth (I think was his name). I was fairly new in scientology and I had great respect for these people.

One day Joanne called me to say that she believed that something was terribly wrong with LRH, that his comm lines were being manipulated and that HCOBs and PLs were being issued by others and that the Church had become corrupted.

I was astonished and told her that I would look into it. Very naively, I immediately went to the HCO, told them what I had heard and asked questions.

The resulting sec checks on me were quite lengthy. I learned not to ask silly questions after that.

I never saw or heard from Joanne and Bob again.

Mary.
  39. RightOn Member

Adrienne Scott- was in, she was married to Robin Scott

Answer: "Well now, I have already explained that Morag Bellmaine, Ron Lawley, Steve Bisbey and to a lesser extent my wife, Adrienne Scott were involved with me in the removal of the materials from the Church
    "I think one document, which appears to be a declaration by Adrienne Scott, is identified as No. 120A?"

Robin Scott briefing

Brian Weller:
    Found this in Reconnection Mag, so I believe he was in
    Jan Feb 1985
    http://www.fzaoint.net/Reconnection/Reconnection12.pdf

"When it comes to putting in an org board, I think that the
    work load of most, if not all, posts should be kept very
    low. This would not only help to get round the usual
    difficulty of finding people to do the work, but would also
    help build ARC within the group. The positive side of the
    paucity of willing workers is, of course, that it is
    relatively easy to get into a position of influence. I
    would stress, though that it took me some three years and
    uncountable hours of work before the good indicators started
    to come in. Ron has said, in a somewhat similar context,
    "Don't overwhelm; penetrate." using penetrate in its sense
    of "to diffuse through, permeate", I would go along with
    that,
    If you are thinking of walking a similar path to mine, I
    hope the above will make it shorter."
    Barrie Weller

Andrew Brown:
    There is an Andrew Brown listed on the 1997Freewinds List, dont' know if it's the same one
    http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=27298

And an Andrew Brown in the Sci data base.. again, dont know if it's the same person.
    last thing he did was in 1997

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/a/andrew-brown.html

that's all I can find for tonight
  40. Anonymous Member

Allan Buchanan who appears in this list Untitled. This is what it says in the link page about him

ALLEN BUCHANAN Allen was born in Washington D.C. and raised inAlbuquerque, New Mexico. After years in college, Allenjoined the Sea Org at Saint Hill, and arrived soon after thatat the Flagship. He worked at several executive positionsincluding Commodore's Staff for HCO (CS-1), CO of the FlagBureau, Staff Captain, and Deputy ED INT. During most ofhis years as an executive, he worked directly with LRH. Hedeparted the Church in December, 1982.When asked why he came to the AAC, Allen says "becauseit manifests the original purpose and spirit of Scientology,which attracted me in the first place."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.