Customize

Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RightOn Member

Re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

2. mrfyde Member

3. RightOn Member

meh, I think your right on these two.
    I have looked for Karen's report and I can not find it.

Oh,, and if DM ever steps down, organized COS will be gone, IMO,
    since he runs EVERYTHING.
  4. RightOn Member

Can a mod get rid of the Zalgo crap on the first page of the list?
    It's on Stacy Brooks, Tory's, Dan Gavins and Bridgitta's listings.
    I can't get rid of it.

yeah I know, dumb shit,. whatever...

EDITED.... sorry... PLEASE?
  5. RightOn Member

To be added to Ruth Lorezen's name- she was also known as Ruth Johnson & Ruth Littman

also again,,,, pleaassseeee????

Can a mod get rid of the Zalgo crap on the first page of the list?
    It's on Stacy Brooks, Tory's, Dan Gavins and Bridgitta's listings.
    I can't get rid of it.

yeah I know, dumb shit,. whatever...
  6. Anonymous Member

fixed, just use a find/replace tool in the text editor
  7. Vamp Member

This is the beginning of the END for co$.
  8. auchraw Member

I couldn't disagree more strongly. With the exception of Jason this sorry group has not spoken out against Scientology . Most of them have specifically claimed that LRH was a genius and that the tech was magic. It is insulting to others with more integrity to put them in the same list.

If DM falls tomorrow they will replace him and the CoS will continue as before. And our work will carry on, against them.
  9. RightOn Member

10. RightOn Member

Link for
    Gaby Hubeny
    and Werner Hubeny

They did an Interview:
    TV Transcript from OCB
    :In Hamburg alone there are about 700 people trapped (caught up) within Scientology. Gaby and Werner Hubeny were two of them. Werner Hubeny wanted to be a better tennis player and reach a different frame of mind. To achieve this, he paid for course after course. Slowly, Scientology crept into his life.

WH:
    You give up all your money. Basically, you give up your life. You become a Scientologist.
    I always said: "I'm not a Scientologist, I just use Scientology." But that's a futile attempt to explain away that you are trapped. Because their system is well thought out.

VO:
    He and his wife paid more than half a million Marks for courses.
    When other members of Scientology were turning into mental wrecks around them, the Hubenys quit. Scientology has internationally declared the couple an enemy since they left.

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - "Germany: Neo-Nazies vs Scientology in September?"
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

possibly Kathy Mace McBride

but I fail at actually accessing the content on lerma's site (no skill at working around apparently broken links):
    http://www.lermanet.com/search/sessearch.php?ae=�&q=Kathy Mace McBride&op=and&cnt=25&sec=&pvdc=0

also as an aside, there is this comment from the Village Voice Haggis article, though no proof of course that it's actually her:
    'Crash' Director Paul Haggis Ditches Scientology - New York News - Runnin' Scared
  13. RightOn Member

I have been searching for days for new names

I hope some BRAND NEW names come forward with these latest PR flaps.

I really want to reach 1000 by Jan 1st. But we have a LOOONNNG way to go!

If there are any ex scis out there that know people who have left and want to be added to the list, can you please add them and post them?
  14. Belladonna Member

I don't know if this will fit your criteria. This is someone who has publicly stated that he was a Scientologist, and is no longer.

Son of a Psychic Healer (The Leonard Lopate Show: Monday, 12 January 2009) on WNYC
  15. Anonymous Member

16. RightOn Member

17. Anonymous Member

18. tazor Member

auchraw, I totally understand where you're coming from. Marty is disgusting and it's sickening that he be given any credibility. But he is hurting the CoS even if that isn't his intention.

Scilons who've been on the fence and afraid to speak out are taking notice of his web page. They will be outing themselves over Marty's bullshit. Then hopefully they will do more research and realize that the tech is crap and the whole thing was a con from day one. That seems to be the route most exes take. When they first get out they still believe in the tech. That usually doesn't last too long. There will be some who will NEVER wake up of course, but they're in the minority.

We just need to be ready if Marty actually gets anywhere with his little takeover plan.
  19. RightOn Member

Need a vote on nutty Barbara Schwarz

Wikipedia says that she said Scientology kicked her out. She was President of the Church of Scientology of Germany from August 3, 1983 until July 10, 1984 .
    She sued Scientology so they would divulge Rathbun's where abouts.
    http://home.snafu.de/tilman/Barbara_Schwarz_17.12.2007.html

Do you think this nutsty should be added "?
    yay or nay?
  20. Ogsonofgroo Member

Put her on 'the special bus' list Right On, I'd say that was your call mon.
    I know it must be hard to place people who have lost all or part of their minds but will speak out. Personally I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, moonbatty or not.
    BTW list is getting moar awesome, quite a collection considering the usual CoS party-line is 'just a few disgruntled people trying to make trouble for the church' clap-trap.

Carry on Anons!

And cakes!

Beers!

Lutz!

:)
  21. RightOn Member

thanks!

WE NEED MOAR NAMES THOUGH!

It is getting continually hard to dig names up. I really hope some NEW ex scis come out like I said in an earlier thread.
    Want to make it 1000 by Jan 1st.... don't know if that will happen at this pace.
    I can search for hours and find nothing.
    Would LOVE to get my hands on that huge list of people that sued COS. It was like 400 people or something? Still dont' know if those names are public knowledge or not.
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

Should be public record no? Dunno, but maybe one of the bored-outta-skull newbies tired of fapping and haz good IT connection and tenacious attitude could do a wayback thingy for the cause?
    Can you give some us a direction to look? Which case (there have been many)?
    I have a free evening here and some new (old) material that I've been reading from some 60's-70's news articles (and nothing has changed as far as culty shit goes btw from what I've read) thanks to one of the Anons here post their collection (liek holey-moley too, awesomeness). Unfortunately my IT connections suxor badly, not my resolve though :D But I loves hunting sooooooo, just need a place to start. Hm, I miss my hound dog... :D (no no, not that way ya perves!)
    Ya haz my sword, dull, dinged, rusted, and abused as it is ;)
    I go nao into the dark recesses of da interwebz fer a bit, ciao!

:)
  23. RightOn Member

It's actually a couple of posts back in this thread, will look tomorrow.
  24. Anonymous Member

Is there a wikifag regularly pulling names off this thread and posting on the wiki? eg Kathy Mace McBride hasn't made it on the list yet. Not that it has to be updated ASAP or anything, but is someone checking?...I'm wiki-impaired or I'd do it

Also I would like to recommend a title name change as the wiki title does not describe content:

Title: "List of ex-Scientologists who have spoken out"

Content Description: "The following is a list of people that have left the official Church of Scientology organization and have spoken out publicly against it"

The title is probably off putting to some newly departing culties esp the rathbun groupies

perhaps just take the first line of the description and make it the title..imho
  25. Anonymous Member

If you ask me, this guy shouldn't be on the list. Regardless of leaving the CoS, he obviously is still completely illusioned into Scientology. Iunno. What do you guys think about ex-scis like this one?
  26. RightOn Member

please go back through the thread and see a while back there were discussions about including people who left COS, but still practice scientology. Like Rathbun for instance.

Some of the people on the list still practice scientology.
    We protest the abuses of Scientology. People can believe in what they want.

Many people although still practining scientology have still spoken out against DM and the cult.
    It was more or less agreed that independent scientologists and freezoners should be included on the list as long as they spoke out against COS. Many wrote letters of resignation to COS.
  27. Anonymous Member

Is this the same as Warren Friske?
  28. Anonymous Member

Okay, but there's a bit of a fine line to draw. We can't be adding people who denounce only the actions of select sectors of Scientology, as this would allow CoS to say what they're denouncing isn't a problem anymore. We should only be including people who denounce a core basis of the Church of Scientology, or ongoing policies. Geir is a good example of this.

I still think Bernard Robert Ross shouldn't be on the list. He pretty much praises Hubbard in his creation of the CoS, despite the abuses we know took place under Hubbard's rule.
  29. Suzette Member

This seems to be the lawyer for the 400.

Levy, Lawrence, J.D. - profile

There are a couple of other mentions of him on the ISCA site about suits against other cults, which indicate he's in Sherman Oaks, CA. He seems to be the go-to guy if you want to sue your former cult.

Lawrence Levy, Sherman Oaks, CA, 91403 - YELLOWPAGES.COM

Still trying to figure out where the suit was filed, and how you'd go about looking at the papers.
  30. Suzette Member

Got this off of ARS

Stansfield v. Starkey, 220 Cal.App.3d 59
    [No. B037375. Court of Appeals of California, Second Appellate District,
    Division Seven. May 9, 1990.]
    MANFRED STANSFIELD et al., Plaintiffs and Appellants, v. NORMAN STARKEY et al.,
    Defendants and Respondents

Stansfield v. STARKEY, 220 Cal.App.3d 59 (some CST fun) - alt.religion.scientology | Google Groups

Still poking around trying to see if anyone put the 400 names up there. There are a lot of casual references to the suit on ARS, even some people who said they were part of it.
  31. Anonymous Member

As if the CoS hasn't done that in the past. Again and again and again and again. They will continue to do that in the future regardless of who is on the list.
  32. RightOn Member

Yes and the two judges were Barnet Cooperman and Norman R Dowds I believe.
    I guess there were SIX ex sci's in this case that represented the other 400 and the case was dismissed in an LA court. So I don't know if these names are attianable. :(
  33. RightOn Member

Holy shit you are right, sorry for the typo!

Thank God it wasn't added. I found that name while I was sick and really fuuzzy headed! Thanks for catching it!
  34. Suzette Member

I found lots and lots of copies of the judgment, which as it turns out is cited all over the case in fraud cases. I guess it went a long way towards deciding whether or not something is a fraud. So far no actual copies of the filing. The filing is what you want, and I'm sure it must be out there somewhere. Whether or not it has 400 names on it is another question.
  35. RightOn Member

So does Rathbun, and he is putting a SERIOUS dent in the COS.

I am sorry, at the risk of sounding crabby, but I don't care what Scientology has to say about people on the list.

Again there was a whole discussion on this a while back. Some suggested adding the word freezoner next to freezoner names, but we decided it didn't matter.

And some are totally against having freezoners on the list at all. If people don't want freezoners on the list, this would not only subtract hundreds of names off the list, but it really wouldn't make sense . These people left, they spoke out, and by doing so it helped to and is helping to bring down the organized COS. If they want to practice Scientology, it's their right. I don't agree with any of it, because it is still brainwashing, it but it is still their right.

I am against the abuses of COS and the Sea Org, what people do once they leave COS is up to them. IMO :)
  36. RightOn Member

I found these numbers on one file 220 Cal. App.3d 69
    also the same numbers up to 71.

Don't know if this is anything at all. Need a lawyer fag
  37. amaX Member

I just want to say once again that I think what RightOn and everyone else working on this project are doing is EPIC. Thank you for this very useful tool to use when speaking to current members of the cult.
  38. Anonymous Member

Mark Owen Plummer in the "O" section of the list is a dupe of Mark Plummer in the "M" section. Removing the dupe at the same time as adding Betsy Perkins means the tally didn't change from 758.
  39. Anonymous Member

er.. I meant Mark Plummer in the "P" section :D
  40. Anonymous Member

Anne Marie Dunning is listed under both M and D and should be removed from the Ms

...sorry RO, -1 :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.