Customize

Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Yes, he is. I happen to know The Creechs' quite well. I Can't remember how they are related (nephew maybe?) but I know for sure that they are.
  2. Anonymous Member

Its official, add Tommy Davis to the list.
  3. tazor Member

I don't really know about Aida. Dex over on ESMB said she's a good friend of his and married him and his wife last year and was still in the cult.

I'd leave her off for now to be on the safe side.

I wouldn't add anyone without their full names.
  4. InsideOut Member

Robert Wallace- 10 months-Staff- TTC- Dallas Org- add me
  5. ElenaP Member

Hey! I like your decision! specially because you didnt wait 8 years like me!!! ;)
  6. hotdog57 Member

does any one know how to put up one of the utube on me,
    it,s a short one of 54 seconds .
    called.
    scientologist confirm disconnection policy.
    it,s me and a O T 8 debating,
    I have a brown jackit on with bullhorn ,
    the scientologist is wearing a yellow jackit ..

the reason for this is if some of the ex scientologist .
    can view us here and actual see us in action,
    I believe it
    would bring up confidence or assurance .
    in that ex scientologist. to join in on the list.
  7. whoever Member

Isn't it possible that not everyone who was a witness was testifying against the CoS? I don't know what they said...could they have been, in some cases, called to testify in favor of the CoS?

I would err on the side of caution and not list anyone unless I was certain of their stance. (I don't think initials-only should necessarily rule anyone out, though.)

Just my opinion here, of course, but I wouldn't even list the names from Scientology--the Now Religon or Inside Scientology-Dianetics, unless you have access to that material and can see the context in which their names were used. And the list from Reconnection is pretty weak. They resigned from the church in '83-84, a time of great turmoil within the CoS. I'm sure it's safe to assume they were against the policies of the CoS at the time, but they may still have been very much into Scientology.

I think the list is a good thing, so I'm not trying to discourage you from adding people. I just think it should be a very strong list--that it shouldn't be vulnerable to dissection. It should be as unassailable as possible.
  8. RightOn Member

Did Robert come out because of THE LIST?

Listen guys, we are running a tally.... if anyone comes out soley becasue of the list, we want to know! We now have THREE as the official tally. (Robert not included)
    We want to see how many new people have come foward because of the list and then I want to post the results in a 6 month time period. Not the names, just how many.
  9. Anonymous Member

Anyway we could work on getting a lot of the ex scientologist to do a congressional hearing of the harm of scientology in it's current form and bring the current leader David Miscavige to justice and revoke it's tax exempt status ?

I mean they all spoke out for a reason, it seems like this would be a good direction to go now that we have so many who desire to warn others and their names are already known.
  10. Anonymous Member

Did Robert do a vid or writing yet of his experience ?
    Anything on his speaking out about his scientillogical experience ?
  11. RightOn Member

Well I have already listed some of those.Whomever supplied those names must have plowed through all the listings on those websites.
    (I hope they did)
    I mentioned the reconnection list a few posts back and someone told me that those names were a pretty big deal and that they not only wrote letters in resignation, but they were listed and printed in a magazine. They said that is a huge thing to blow in that manner. So I have decided to add those names.

Another person suggested an apendix for the names with the first names being only initials. I am on the fence about this, and I would like a yes or not from people on whether they should be listed or not. OR if they agree to an apendix listing.
    Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated! This is what's its all about. :)

And someone told me there is some discussion going on over at ESMB, and that people think that Freezoners who have spoken out should not be listed.
    That is another question I would like people to vote on.

Freezones, listed or not?
    If they left the church and spoke out and are not supporting the church financially, then maybe they should ne listed? maybe we can put Freezoner next to those particular names??
    Again, we need people to vote on these things!
  12. Lorelei Member

Robert is the nice young man who accidentally bulk-uploaded a lot of videos shot in and around the Dallas Org on his Motorola phone to YouTube. There is a long thread here at WWP about it.

Not to speak for him, but he Tweeted that the Org dismissed him for "treason;" sounds like his only "crime" was being open to exploring spiritual teachings in addition to what the CoS offered, and, apparently, not understanding or adopting the typical paranoid suspicion and secrecy most Scientologists eventually exhibit.

Some Anons found his other social networking (public) pages after stumbling upon his YT account and contacted him to chat with him. His openness continues, and, obviously, he has decided to register at WWP. (Yay!) He posted two commentary videos, but has had some technical difficulties with them and is reportedly re-shooting them and planning to share them when done.
  13. Anonymous Member

Thanks Lorelei and

Welcome Robert, you are lucky to have a great support network that many of us didn't. Looking forward to your vids and seeing you post.
  14. Anonymous Member

These are not on the list yet.

15. JohnnyRUClear Member

I think you're still making this harder than it needs to be.

Remember the saying "if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts looking like a nail"? Apply that here. You have 1 list, and so every person who has left the CofS is a potential listee. However, they fall into several categories, with some important distinctions between them. Hence my suggestion about appendices.

The simple answer IMO is to have multiple lists, or if tracking these people via database, here are the fields I'd use:
    • first name
    • last name
    • middle initial
    • real name (y/n, defaults to y)
    • date of birth
    • city of birth
    • maiden name
    • current city of residence
    • positions held within Scientology (a long text-type field)
    • reason for leaving (another text-type field)
    • left/spoke out because of The List (y/n, defaults to n)
    • FreeZoner/still believes in The Tech (y/n, defaults to n? -- might need to think about this one more)
    • anti-Scn web site(s) owned by this person or where this person actively participates (text-type field)
    • has written book(s) (y/n, defaults to n)
    • has given video interview(s) (y/n, defaults to n)
    • has given audio interview(s) (y/n, defaults to n)
    • links to the above resources (long text-type field)
    There are probably a few more fields which would bear inclusion, and the above is just a sketched outline, so is sure to be at least 100% full of fail, but is a starting point, at least.

From that master database, queries could be run. You could run a query to output only those who are using their full name and are not FZers, which would (if my brain is working properly, obviously a risky bet) yield The List in its most potent form. You could also do a query to list any other subset. For providing a printed list to someone, you could do The List (most potent) + The List (FZers using full name) + The List (others), and then give people as much or as little of that as you saw fit. For example, someone considering leaving would probably love to see the whole list; they would appreciate every drop of data. A suppressive Scientologist in "dox or GTFO" mode might best be handled with just the most potent list, so that there would be no "cracks" for them to try to attack. YMMV, mix and match, flavor to taste, etc..

Point being, by giving yourself multiple categories into which to place people, you won't feel led to force anyone into a category in which they don't properly belong, yet you can still track everyone.

This should probably be turned into a wiki, I suppose. I know nothing about doing that.

Why not the names? Are you anticipating that someone might be "extra-fair-gamed" (fairer gamed?) because they left due to the list instead of for another reason?
  16. RightOn Member

yikes, read your post and my head spun,,, just way too tired right now. Will read tomorrow. Not quite sure I wanted to do all of that though. I do have a life. :)

I didn't want to list the tally with names, so as not to draw more attention to them. BUT, if they wanted to be spotlighted WITH their names as newly "out", than that would be up to them.
    I have to hit the hay, walking dead.
    carry on!
  17. whoever Member

Who's making it harder than it needs to be? lol

Sorry, I know you have good intentions--but I can see why that made RightOn's head spin!
  18. JohnnyRUClear Member

Heh. It only looks tough when you first tackle putting it together. It really isn't. Just set up the database and start plunking data into it. From then on, it's actually easier, since all the data "fits" properly into the fields you created. I think once you're rested you'll see that my list of fields is rather intuitive, and any decent DB program should be able to handle this easily. If the field list is too scary, just combine some of them into a general-purpose notes field and leave it at that. It's your baby.

A bit of extra work now, once, will pay off perpetually. The longer the list gets, the more effort you'll save by using a database. Text files get increasingly clunky as they grow; databases scale far more smoothly.

If you don't want to set up an actual database, then having separate lists is the way to go IMO. The main list for those who are (a) totally out (not FZer), (b) speaking out, and (c) doing so under their full real name. Then additional lists for those who don't meet all those qualifications. You can always move someone from one list to another.
  19. Lorelei Member

20. pooks Member

Aida is out, declared and is a FZer. She has made video's speaking out against Scn.
  21. jensting Member

We have "Sharone Stainforth" from ex scientology kids. I'll politely verify that this is her real name when seeing her today.

Best Regards

Jens
  22. mrfyde Member

I skipped over some posts, I think that FZ'rs are fine to put on the list as long as they started in CoS. They must have had some issue to leave and seek out the FZ.
  23. Anonymous Member

Yes there were witnesses called specifically to testify in favor of the CoS, and they are not listed in either posts. They are clearly separated in the reports if you want to read them yourself.

The links in that post are directly to that material and the context is very clear, if you want to read them yourself.

Since when has anything being unassailable stopped the CoS from assaulting it?
  24. Anonymous Member

Full transcripts of testimony is not in the online versions of the reports, though they are mentioned in the reports as being included, so they are presumably in hard copy somewhere. That'd be a goldmine find for anyone interested in that quest.

Until that time, I agree that the lists with first initials from New Zealand and South Africa reports should only be listed in some kind of appendix, even though it's certain they were called to testify by the side against Scientology under oath.
  25. JohnnyRUClear Member

Hence the call to make it unassailable: guaranteed lulz. :)
  26. RightOn Member

Yawn..... well Johnny, I looked at your post again this morning, and even though your probably right on some of the ideas, I can't even imgaine that amount of work right now. :(

I think eventually it may have to go that route. But right now I am just trying to do the main "bones" of it and set it up. I am getting names daily, and next Monday and Tuesday I will have more time to work on it.

I have a friend who is a computer geek who will help me when it's time to make this thing more polished. As always thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

And once again thanks to ALL for making this list such a success!
  27. JohnnyRUClear Member

No worries; happy to help. I'd say, for now, just keep good notes, so you're ready to put the data in when the time comes.
  28. Anonymous Member

Leaving the Freezoners off the list is something the cult would do. They are exes and if they've spoken out against the cult they should be included.

This list is a fantastic idea!
  29. RightOn Member

ok, so far, the Freezoners have the vote to be listed and I agree, as long as they are using their real names AND have spoken out.

I was also thinking that if we put Freezoner next to their names. But is this a good thing or a bad thing?
  30. whoever Member

I did visit the opening pages of the links but I didn't (and don't) have time to read the entire reports, so that's why I asked. So thanks for your answer.

The point isn't to stop the CoS from assailing it. The point is for the CoS not to be right when they assail it.
  31. whoever Member

I'm with you, especially about that last part.

Eh. It's kind of impractical, since some people dip into the FZ but don't get solidly involved in it. I think it would be hard to pin down. Plus I don't see a compelling reason for doing it.
  32. RightOn Member

The only reason I suggested it , was because ex's on ESMB were arguing that Freezoners are still practicing COS, so they shouldn't be inlcuded.
    SO I thought by adding it to their names, might make everyone happy.
    I wonder if this would prompt those who are out to join Zoners though, if it started to llok like a lot of names witth Freezone after it? but I guess it is none of our biz what they do or practice. as long as they are not giving $$ to COS.
  33. tazor Member

If they want you to do that I don't see a problem with it. Finding out who's freezone, doing Knowlegeism, etc. would be a nightmare unless they state that's what they are doing now.

If they are hell bent on getting auditing they will find the freezone no matter what anyway.
  34. JohnnyRUClear Member

Exactly why a database is handy, or at least separate lists. When your only tool is a hammer, you can get bogged down debating whether or not each thing you encounter should be considered a nail. :)
  35. Anonymous Member

I suggest keeping the list as simple as possible...therefore probably only one list

If you change the title to 'List of all former members of the CoS who have spoken out' then you cover all the Freezoners as well

Also, I'm one of those old fashioned folks who likes alpha lists by last name, which allows easier family grouping identification...but I'm probably pissing up a rope on that one :)

great initiative RightOn
  36. hotdog57 Member

free zoner were the frist to fight D M back in 1982 when it started ,
    they are peacefull . ..
    and they are friends ..

how ever they do have their head back ward in some way and are confused ..

for they are half brain washed , so free zoner means half brain washed,

L ron was a good copey cat on most of his work
    mixed in with some SIFI . greed and hate. witch = the anti christ
  37. mrfyde Member

I like the idea of putting FZ on the list next to their name but then the idea also makes me feel like a Nazi. I think that it should be their choice if they want to be ID'd ad FZ or not.

BUT they need to have been members of CoS at one time.
  38. RightOn Member

Thanks,
    I agree on the alphabetizing. I used an online one, and it sorted it by the first name.
    I should look for another one.
    Time for a nap.
  39. firebug Member

Mike and Virginia McClaughry, forced out of the church for pointing out altered tech

Virginia McClaughry OT7
    Virgina's Story

Mike McClaughry ex RTC GO OSA
    interview with Bob Minton

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRK3O4430g&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Scientology's OSA Puts LSD on Pregnant Woman's Toothbrush[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNCGkrat6gE&feature=channel]YouTube - Scientology OSA Operative Describes Operation: Snow White[/ame]
  40. Shinythings Member

Sorry I could not read the whole thread. Has anyone suggested making a video with the most relevant names in this list? The other ones could follow in smaller font, and the relevant dox could be included in the info bar on youtube...

This thread is full of anon win, btw
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.