Customize

Big List of THOUSANDS of Exes Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RightOn Member

Re: Big List of over 1000 Exes Who Have Spoken Out

Question to Wiki fags, can you please look at the history of the names that were recently added?
    Because it looks like names were counted more than once on the last entries? Was Samual Williams added twice? I see a +1 for Samual Williams and then a +2 for Samual Williams and Janet Miller.
    Or did I read that wrong?

Also Erin Francies was not added from post # 519, can you please add her and get back to me with a correct count? THANKS !!! >3
  2. Anonymous Member

Sorry, my mistake in the summary, I meant to really say: "Added Samuel Williams", not "+1 for Samuel Williams". The count is right (use diff feature, you'll see)
  3. RightOn Member

ok thanks.
    So with Erin Fancies added from post #519, that will bring us up to 1137 correct?

also can you please add this new link for Maureen Bolstad?
    Her story on Infinate Complacency
    http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2010/08/6-disconnection.html
  4. Anonymous Member

Not 1037, 1137.

Yes boss, will do it.
  5. Anonymous Member

Actually, I will let you add Erin Francies, I have no idea where that comes from etc. I just added Karen Kuever, so when you add Erin Francies, that will bump the count to 1138.
  6. RightOn Member

I would add her name, if I did the wiki, but I don't.
    Erin Francies's name was listed by me. She personally asked me to add her to the list and PM'ed me with her info.
    I can hunt down her post on WWP where she tells her story and get that link. She is aka Gypsy

EDITED:
    here is the link to her story on WWP
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/24-f...onight-church-contacted-me-60061/#post1132043
  7. Intelligence Member

This IS fantastic; I LOVE to read and see these new FREE people begin to live a life of freedom. My prayers are with them :)
  8. RightOn Member

9. RightOn Member

Wikifags , Please add Erin Francies to the list from post # 519??
    it has been sitting here for days

also Jim Little's name above

This should bring us up to 1140?
  10. RightOn Member

Gary Sekigahama - left after 20 years, public, staff, Sea Org

His comment on Infinite Complacency
    Infinite Complacency: 9 Abuse in the Sea Org

Confirmed his name, COS completions

Thanks to Triumph for this one!
  11. RightOn Member

12. RightOn Member

13. Anonymous Member

Condolences for losing your sig RightOn.
    Here's some consolation:
    HTML5 and PDF versions have a permanent home now, and of course it links back to the real list :)
    There's even a miniature live version there with all names clickable (though being in an XHTML page it lost the audio and keyboard navigation)
  14. RightOn Member

aww thanks
    I have no idea what you just said, but thanks.

Yeah I really miss having my sig, because it was not only a link to the list, but it is where I would update the total of the ex cos member names. Now all I have is "1042 NAMES" above my avatar. :(

I also miss having my quote by MLK Jr which I have received many nice comments on:
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." MLK Jr.
  15. RightOn Member

Wayne Froemke- aka "safe", many comments on Marty Rathbun's blog.
    Morten Astrupgaard | Moving On Up a Little Higher

I wouldn't normally go by just a blog comment, but this guy used to write comments under the monicker "safe" and is now using his name, plus his picture is also there.
  16. TrevAnon Member

17. RightOn Member

People were leaving and some who have left already were speaking out on a pretty regular basis.
    It has slowed up considerably.
    Need some new names.
    I wonder if there is a new fear, or if it's just for the fact that there are not a lot of COS members left. I hope it is the latter.
  18. RightOn Member

Someone just added a name to the Wiki.
    It was Julie MacDonald.
    The only reference to her name is a small letter to the editor? Remember her letter was written at atime when it was very dangerous to use your real name.
    I can not confirm her name in the COS completions or anywhere else. How do we know this is her real name?
    We need a confrmation on this name.
  19. Anonymous Member

I think expecting to find names from the early decades on the completions database is a flawed verification method.
  20. RightOn Member

I understand that earlier members may not show up on the COS completions list.
    I was just listing the places I looked. and the COS completions list was one of them. I couldn't find her name anywhere else on the net either.
    So we can not verify that this person is using their real name
  21. Anonymous Member

I think a name from a "Letter to the Editor" of Life magazine is a good enough reference, we should assume it's the real name. truthaboutsscientology.com doesn't pretend to have all the names from all the publications from all time, especially for older publications. And if a name is allowed to appear on the list when it is sourced to a blog, a name from a much more reliable source like Life Magazine certainly is a better candidate.
  22. Anonymous Member

The intro text asks for help to disprove names on the list, that's the best we can expect on early names.
  23. RightOn Member

names that are sourced from a blog are usually confirmed in one way or another with another source.
    We usually do not go by just a name.
    Of course you must know what people can use whatever name they want when writing someone? There is no way to know if it's a real name or not. Plain and simple.

also there are LOTS of names I found on blogs and other places that I could not confirm.
  24. Anonymous Member

If it's the logic by which you go, let's assume all the names given to letters to the editor are fake and remove all these from the list.
  25. Anonymous Member

I think its wrong to assume all people have an equal perception of danger, otherwise there would never have been so many government inquiries in the late 60s/early 70s. Enough real people spoke up for that.

Additionally, nobody can predict the future, but that doesn't stop people taking chances in the hope that they'll shorten the life of a cult.

If I was living in the late 60s seeing those official inquiries and Hubbard's true beginnings being exposed in magazines I might have predicted the end of Scientology by 1970.
    If I was living in 1978 seeing Hubbard convicted of fraud in France the same year his wife surrendered to authorities for Operation Snow White, I could have justifiably predicted the end of Scientology by 1980.

"..and so on and so forth"

Many still think it's dangerous to use their real name to this day, again perceptions are variable. I'm obviously for keeping that name on the list.
  26. RightOn Member

I am only going by the criteria we set up initially.
    It was decided that names without any other sources are not to be added.
    If you want to keep that name on the list, then I have a WHOLE bunch of names that I can add that have no other references. Blog comments, stories etc... that I have never been able to confirm.
    My vote is to take it off, until it can be confirmed..
    People will have to vote.
  27. Anonymous Member

yeah yeah, just take it off, your speculations have precedence over printed name in an otherwise reliable source.
  28. RightOn Member

u mad?
    why?
    Plenty of people have questioned some of my add ons, I never got mad about it.
    Some have been removed.
    There is nothing to be mad at.

I also do not do the Wiki. So someone will have to take it off.
    I am sorry you got upset over this, but really.... if there is no way to verify a name, there is no way in telling if it's her actual name or not.

Maybe keep it on your own list, (as I do) and if it ever gets confirmed, it can be added again. ;)
    It's all good! and thanks for helping.
  29. Anonymous Member

I think the obvious reason for taking Julie MacDonald off the list hasn't been mentioned, from the letter:
    "I was involved with Dianetics back in 1951"
    Guys, Scientology didn't exist in 1951! This is the same reason we didn't keep Joseph Augustus Winter, M.D. on the list, as it's only a list of former members of the "church".
  30. JohnnyRUClear Member

That's a good point. For my money, the list could include those who tried Dianetics and then spoke out against it (since Dianetics and Scientology are twin scam turds from Hubbard's Vistaril ass), but such would not technically fall under the heading of former members of the "Church of Scientology". The heading would need to be altered to include them.
  31. RightOn Member

oh shit! I didn't even realize that. excellent point!

It's for people who left COS and who spoke out against COS and their names have to be confirmed that it is in fact their real name.
  32. RightOn Member

Perhaps an added list to the bottom under another heading. but I vote no for altering the heading that is now used.

I think for the few names that we find that have dabbled in a few COS courses, it's not really worth it to list them.
    The names that reallly carry the most "oomph" are bonified former COS members.
  33. Anonymous Member

It would have been nice as this make a point that even back then the authoritarian roots where visible. But yeah, let's remove it, in any event, will continue to look for "reasons" to not have it on the list just in case. Maybe we should make the rules a bit more rigorous, like add only names for which we have an email address?
  34. RightOn Member

I am not quite sure why you are continually butt hurt over the removal of a name that was never confirmed . Especially now that it has been pointed out that she was never a member of COS.

Rigorous rules? Because names have to be confirmed?
    This is what was agreed on.
    It keeps the list ultra credible.
    Let's not bicker about rules that need to be in place in keeping the list credible and let's get back to the hunt.
    Shall we?
  35. RightOn Member

36. RightOn Member

John Aaron Williams- Joined in 1988, 7 yrs Sea Org, Dianetics Hotline
    Indy 500 List
    The Indie 500 | www.scientology-cult.com

This should bring us up to 1148
  37. RightOn Member

Need halp!
    These two names are in a comment on Marty's blog. says they are both original Class VIs

Devon McAuley
    Ian McAuley
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/survey-what-impinges-results/#comments

Can't find anything else on these two on the net. although there are alot of McAuleys in COS
    Nothing in completions
    Can anyone confirm these two names?
  38. jensting Member

Mylène Pilorget

level Cl IX NOTs auditor in the Sea Org. Spoke out in (at least) the French documentary "Scientologie : la vérité sur un mensonge," Scientologie : la vérité sur un mensonge and Union Nationale des Associations de Défense des Familles et de l’Individu Victimes de Sectes | Scientologie: la vérité sur un mensonge

Died of heart attack at the age of 63 in 2010 R.I.P. Mylène PILORGET, "ex-Class IX OT VII", 20 years in scientology and Sea-Org, at 63 - alt.religion.scientology | Google Groups

Best regards

Jens
  39. RightOn Member

THANKS Jens! ^^^

Can anyone confirm this name?
    Jerry Sanborne
  40. BLiP Member

Another one for the list:

. . . above comment filched from Marty's site - Giovanni's speaking out here: GIOVANNI BONZANI – UNA STORIA LUNGA 30 ANNI « L'INDIPENDOLOGO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.