Customize

Big List of THOUSANDS of Exes Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RightOn Member

2. Incredulicide Member

There is no Louis Reisdorf. There is a Lois Reisdorf on the list. She's not the same person as Dede Reisdorf who is also on the list aka Diana Reisdorf.

Diana Voegeding is on the list separately, so that's a duplicate entry. I'll merge her and Dede Reisdorf's entries into one with an aka, which reduces our total number by one down to 2765. Backpedalin'!
  3. RightOn Member

I meant Lois. Sorry half asleep.
    But backpeddlin'? :eek:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    CRAP!:mad:
    Well at least we you corrected a mistake in a round about way.:confused:
  4. Incredulicide Member

Wanna see something spooky from SIX years ago?
  5. RightOn Member

HOLY SHIT!:D
  6. TrevAnon Member

We're getting too old for this shit. :p
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RightOn Member

LOL!
    Funny, we never celebrate the Anniversary of the creation of the list.
    June 26th 2009.
    SEVEN long years I have been doing this list, which started out on a small scratch pad.
    *sniff sniff* Now I am all misty and shit.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. TrevAnon Member

9. TrevAnon Member

10. TrevAnon Member

11. TrevAnon Member

/r/ big list of names commenting on sites such as Mike Rinder's blog, Chris Shelton's blog etc. etc. This would make life so much easier. :p
  12. RightOn Member

Do I smell bacon boy? (in Foghorn Leghorn voice)

Speaking of which, Chris Shelton and Karen needs to have:
    Appeared in Leah Remini's Scientolgy Aftermath Docu-series added to their names.
  13. RightOn Member

14. RightOn Member

15. RightOn Member

16. RightOn Member

AND HERE IT IS! FINALLY! Lisa Marie Presley!
    "And later, we learned that that’s exactly what it was. It turns out that Ron Miscavige has a close relationship with Lisa Marie Presley, who had made her own journey out of the Church of Scientology and was also interested in exposing the secrets of David Miscavige. It was Lisa Marie who told Ron that the information about the Powells and their arrest shouldn’t come out for the first time in his book but instead should first come out in the press. So she hired an attorney who fed the story to the L.A. Times and TMZ."

http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/20/th...s-seized-laptop-that-no-one-is-talking-about/
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Note: this Hallelujah is a world wide effort
  19. RightOn Member

20. This information has been known for some time. It came out when Ron's book was released. Tony wrote a story about it 8 months ago.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/21/ho...logy-leader-david-miscaviges-worst-nightmare/

The reason I thought you were holding back on adding her name to the list here is because she has not commented regarding this matter, either to confirm OR deny what happened.
  21. RightOn Member

What I read is good enough for me and I don't think Ron Miswcqvige would BS about it.
    Hiring a lawyer is good enough evidence. If she denies it, we will back peddle.
  22. I'm not trying to make you backpedal, but what evidence do we have that she hired a lawyer or did any of the other things you mentioned, other than Tony's reporting?

Like I said, she hasn't commented to confirm or deny what happened.

Maybe if we knew what lawyer she contacted or if we could find/get confirmation of the lawyer part of the story from one of the media outlets - TMZ/LA Times/reporters who wrote the stores - then I wouldn't be still posting here and bothering you.

I value the work you have done on the list and I want to make sure all ducks are lined up for big celebrity names like LMP, that's all. At the time this story came out back in April, her reps didn't comment, is my recollection. Otherwise, I would have been the first one here to say that LMP's people or LMP herself confirmed Tony's account.
  23. Some sample coverage from back then, People article from early May -

http://people.com/celebrity/lisa-ma...e-ron-miscavige-family-post-scientology-exit/

1. Ron says that Lisa Marie Presley tried, and failed, to reunite him with his family
    After he left Scientology, Ron says Presley hoped to help broker peace between him and his two daughters, who, according to Ron, remained with the church and immediately “disconnected” from him.
    Presley’s rep had no comment on the incident, or on whether Presley is a practicing Scientologist.
  24. The Internet Member

25. TrevAnon Member

Lots of never ins commenting over on Mike's blog. Also I see tweets to/from Leah about the show.

Too much to check by hand though. That's the bad news. :p
  26. RightOn Member

Will take a look later today.
    any luck asking about the other entries?
  27. TrevAnon Member

Afaicr I have never asked over on Mike's. Also, he may not allow it. He always allows me to give the link to the big list and the disconnection list though.

I did ask on ESMB a few times, but almost never got a response.

I guess I won't bother anymore.
  28. TrevAnon Member

Question: is there a way to get some stats for how many page views the big list had? Same for disconnection list.

Or do I now sound like I am a Scientologist? :p
  29. RightOn Member

Well it IS Thursday after all.
    • Like Like x 3
  30. RightOn Member

31. Wikia sucks.
    http://whyweprotest.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Insights/popularpages?sort=pv7

Stats since last Thursday are: 333 pageviews
    Stats for the past month are: 812 pageviews

Beyond that, best I could tell you is "over 9000".
    • Like Like x 2
  32. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. This is one you might want to research.

The link you actually use for Terri Gamboa lacks an actual quote attributable to her -

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/whos-who-in-this-installment/1048111

It says the group of people listed are defectors but other reporting from the then-SP Times on the matter includes these quotes -
    "Terri Gamboa declined an interview request" "The Gamboas and the Gradys declined to be interviewed for this report."
    see - http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...entology-policy-didnt-match-directive/1048114
    and - http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...art-2-of-3-in-a-special-report-on-the/1048123
    IDK how you can say she has spoken out if she wouldn't do it on the record for that reporting. She let her name be used - who knows if she had a choice? - but she didn't issue public statement against Scientology in that reporting.

Finally, if you clicked thru my links, Type4_PTS on ESMB says that within the last week is the FIRST time Terri Gamboa has spoken out on the internet. She's a fairly important name, being one of the original four Commodore's Messengers. I am not aware of any other directly attributable quotations to her against Scientology. If you are, I'd love a link to them.

You do have another link for one of the Grady's on the Big List. The link you use for the husband, Paul, only goes to the SP Times reporting that insists that he declined to be interviewed. That reporting was done entirely from Mark Fisher's account.
  34. TrevAnon Member

I agree with ornery here.

The link Terri has now only says she worked with the journalists doing the story. Terri may have had another link which may have been deleted, e.g. because it went dead.

The comment on Mike's blog is very good, and it won't hurt to have multiple comments.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Incredulicide Member

Nothing has shown up since 2012, the last time you asked:
  36. Incredulicide Member

Careful on the use of "you" there. It is a wiki anyone can edit after all. I can confirm Paul Grady was a name added to the wiki (the WWP one it was at the time) between September 17, 2009 (he's not listed) and December 3, 2009 (he is listed) without first being discussed here on the forum (pages for that period: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32). Sadly the Waybacked edit history of the wiki doesn't cover that time period so we don't know who added his name.

RightOn, Trev, does this disprove Paul Grady has spoken out and we need to remove him from the list?

The only other link I found online is the Secret History of David Miscavige on the 11th of August 2009. Relevant quote from it:
    Are "The Gang of Five" authors of this the same five people named and pictured in the link for Paul, the SP Times (now Tampa Bay Times) Who's who in this installment article from November 1, 2009?
    In a blog comment Chuck Beatty also happens to name Janis and Paul Grady as he talks about "The Gang of Five"
  37. RightOn Member

38. The pronoun "you" is both singular and plural, depending on context.

The fact that people decline to comment or interview on the record is kind of a big deal, to some people. That goes for LMP and Terri Gamboa both.

I've found a statement from Terri Gamboa that is On The Record.

If one comes for LMP that confirms what has been reported, I will be sure to provide that one as well.

IDC how you administer the list. I am just giving you my input.

Extra confirmation for the most important names is arguable something to desire..

I am not advocating that this much care be expended for every name - just the important ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.