Customize

Big List of THOUSANDS of Exes Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RightOn Member

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Big List of over 1000 Exes Who Have Spoken Out

Marty Rathburn is spelled wrong.
  3. RightOn Member

huh?
    It's RathBUN no BURN
    OR did I spell it wrong somewhere?
  4. WagTheWog Member

5. Anonymous Member

Nevermind, I consume epic quantities of cocks.
  6. WagTheWog Member

Let's chip in and buy Marty an "R" for his last name, shall we?
    How to remember his name:

jq534h.jpg
  7. RightOn Member

hey we have something in common lol
  8. WagTheWog Member

<----- now giving RO his phone number (assuming RO is of the female persuasion)! ;-)
  9. Anonymous Member

Right On, this list is invaluable!

Know that you have made a HUGE difference!

<<<<<hug>>>>>
  10. Anonymous Member

11. Anonymous Member

FWIW, I changed my surname to "Saoirse" (freedom) after leaving. Guess why.
  12. RightOn Member

ohhhhhh!!! well thanks for clearing that up Dierdre. :)
    Love the new name you use even more for obvious reasons!! ;)
  13. RightOn Member

Thanks so much. <3
    Everyone has worked their tails off for this project and continue to do so.
    Now to get it spread around!
  14. RightOn Member

Here is the press release again (thanks to JohhnyURclear) with a few changes (the link for the Wiki and the date it happened)

If anyone wants to do the press release.
    ANY TAKERS?

List Of 1,000 Former Church OF Scientology Members Publicly Speak Out Against The Church

Over 1,000 former members of the Church of Scientology have spoken out publicly against the so-called church, according to a list researched and compiled by Anonymous over the last year and announced on April 11th 2010.

The individuals on the list have spoken out under their real names against the abuses seen and experienced within the so-called church despite being subjected to Scientology's "Fair Game" policy, which gives members permission to destroy its critics. Most former members do not ever speak out against the church, largely due to this policy.

The stories told by these ex-members are similar to the revelations made recently by former members speaking out against the Scientology in highly-visible stories in the New York Times, the St. Petersburg Times, and most recently, in a five-part series on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. According to the Church of Scientology, these former members are "liars" and "apostates" with an agenda to destroy the church. Anonymous wonders whether Scientology will also call all 1,000 of these former members liars.

The list, which continues to grow daily, contains many names of individuals who no longer practice Scientology at all as well as many others who do. What they have in common is that each of them has decided to step forward and tell the world what happened during their time within organized Scientology. While their backgrounds vary widely, their stories are similar and many themes run throughout: rigid control of information, enforced disconnection from loved ones who are critical of the group, zealous campaigns to squeeze money from members, physical and emotional abuse of children and adults, slave labor camps designed to reinforce indoctrination, and many other disturbing practices. The problem is not limited to any particular country. Their compelling stories emerge from numerous countries all around the world.

Anonymous now celebrates the compilation and publication of a 1,000-strong list of human voices no longer silenced, and never again alone. You can find the list online here: Former Church Of Scientology Members Who Have Spoken Out. Documentation is provided for each name included in the list.

All remaining victims or observers of abuse within organized Scientology are invited to speak out and add their names and their messages.

We hope that the courage shown by those named on this list empowers more people to come forward with their stories of abuse, and ultimately prevents such abuses from ever taking place again.

Since February 2008, Anonymous has protested the crimes and abuses of the "Church of Scientology" and its many front groups. These protests, as well as public awareness efforts like the Big List, will continue.

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Expect Us.
  15. Anonymous Member

At this rate we'll reach 1337 on the list by the time it's released to the press
  16. RightOn Member

lol
  17. iaxiloll Member

This is partly the same show but it has a studio interview at the end that is quite interesting so I'll drop it off here as well.

New York Times

18. Anonymous Member

Re: Big List Of Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

A minor correction:
    Lloyd's name is spelled incorrectly. He and Thea were husband and wife. Greenberg is the correct way to spell it.
  19. Anonymous Member

Fixed on the wiki.
  20. RightOn Member

thanks,
    but the whole list on this thread is outdated.
    The list posts in this thread were totally uneditable until this past week. Prior to last week the list here was not editable for me.

I have not had the time to go through each name and cross reference it with the Wiki yet. (All new names go on the wiki not here. The list here stays at 399)

I need to go through and correct and add links to what I can when I have time.Although any vids from Youtube will not embed, so I leave them out.

Thanks for letting me know :)
    I corrected the list here
  21. Incredulicide Member

I noticed that only particular youtube links don't appear as embedded videos in posts such as my spoiler one. It's the links that have a given time offset at the end of the url, like #t=4m33s for example if you're getting it to start playing 4 minutes and 33 seconds into the video.
    Most likely it's just the serverside code of this forum failing to pick that up when parsing links, with a regex match or however it's done.
  22. AnonyMary Member

:) Your welcome, lol

Here is one to be amended

Skip Press - now a journalist to:
    Lloyd Press aka Skip Press, writer
    his story: Skip Press writes about the Scientology Gulags in Los Angeles
    Name verification:
    Tips from the script coach - May 1, 2006

and 6 more names of ex scientologists. These 6 people sued the church of Scientology. That's the ultimate speaking out in my book. I posted them on my blog. You can use my blog as the link if needed.

I obtained these 6 from the NYS online court databases. I will continue to add to this list and update here as I locate court cases in my records and from databases across the country so that their names can be added.

SUSAN TYLER
    Court: New York Civil Supreme
    Index Number: 007617/1986
    Case Name: TYLER, SUSAN vs. CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY
    Case Type: Other Torts
    Filed 04/16/1986
    SETTLED $5,250.00 12/03/1986

MARIO METELLUS
    Index Number: 001133/1989
    Case Name: METELLUS, MARIO vs. CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF N.Y.
    Case Type: Other Tort Commercial
    Filed 1989 & 11/26/1990
    Settled 05/25/1992 Supreme Trial Other Final Disp. (Pre-Note)

JOHN R LA PLANT
    Court: Queens Civil Supreme
    Index Number: 017283/1991
    Case Name: LAPLANT, JOHN R. 3/P vs. CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF
    Case Type: Negligence
    Filed 12/03/1991
    Settled 07/14/1994 Supreme Trial Settled Before Trial

JOHN GRIECO
    SUSAN JOY GRIECO
    Court: New York County Civil Court
    Index Number: CV-021594-99/NY
    Case Name: GRIECO, JOHN
    GRIECO, SUSAN JOY
    vs.
    CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL
    Case Type: Civil
    Filed 07/09/1999
    Settled 08/03/1999 09:30 AM Motion Withdrawn

STEPHEN R. PACCA
    Index Number: 012076/1981
    Case Name: PACCA, STEPHEN R. vs. SCIENTOLOGY CENTER INC
    Case Type: Medical/Podiatric Malpractice
    Track: Unknown
    RJI Filed: 11/19/1985
    Settled 09/17/1991

Mary
  23. RightOn Member

holy cow thanks Mary!!

question though. ....
    Are you are sure these are all exs? Or did you know of these people?
    Because many people go up against the church who are not ex scis .(as you already know)
    None of these names are in the Sci data base. (which doesn't mean they are not scis)
    Any completion records?
    The last one says Medical/Podiatric Malpractice???

and for your website, this link goes directly to the "big list" It's a better link to use .

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Former_Church_of_Scientology_members_who_have_spoken_out
  24. Anonymous Member

William Sims Bainbridge - left after 6 months - his story
  25. Anonymous Member

Does anyone have access to a copy of "What Really Happened To The Class Of '65?", by Michael Medved & David Wallechinsky (1976, ISBN-10: 0394400747)?
    Hardcover in 1978, ISBN-10: 0491024649 and ISBN-13: 978-0491024648

It seems both authors were in Scientology but the excerpts given here don't specify which author is telling which first person excerpt (minus the excerpt about someone else who left)
  26. RightOn Member

Add this info to Anna Shultz-
    Clear in 1998 and then it was cancelled in 2004. Sea Org briefly, Hamburg Germany
    Her story:
    Moving On Up a Little Higher
  27. amaX Member

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE MAGIC HAPPEN AND RELEASE THE PRESS RELEASE FOR THIS LIST OF EX'S? The press release has been sitting here waiting for someone to release it.

I don't know how to do that or I'd do it myself.

Please release this.
  28. RightOn Member

Thank you!!^^^

This is the correct one:

List Of 1,000 Former Church OF Scientology Members Publicly Speak Out Against The Church

Over 1,000 former members of the Church of Scientology have spoken out publicly against the so-called church, according to a list researched and compiled by Anonymous over the last year and announced on April 11th 2010.

The individuals on the list have spoken out under their real names against the abuses seen and experienced within the so-called church despite being subjected to Scientology's "Fair Game" policy, which gives members permission to destroy its critics. Most former members do not ever speak out against the church, largely due to this policy.

The stories told by these ex-members are similar to the revelations made recently by former members speaking out against the Scientology in highly-visible stories in the New York Times, the St. Petersburg Times, and most recently, in a five-part series on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. According to the Church of Scientology, these former members are "liars" and "apostates" with an agenda to destroy the church. Anonymous wonders whether Scientology will also call all 1,000 of these former members liars.

The list, which continues to grow daily, contains many names of individuals who no longer practice Scientology at all as well as many others who do. What they have in common is that each of them has decided to step forward and tell the world what happened during their time within organized Scientology. While their backgrounds vary widely, their stories are similar and many themes run throughout: rigid control of information, enforced disconnection from loved ones who are critical of the group, zealous campaigns to squeeze money from members, physical and emotional abuse of children and adults, slave labor camps designed to reinforce indoctrination, and many other disturbing practices. The problem is not limited to any particular country. Their compelling stories emerge from numerous countries all around the world.

Anonymous now celebrates the compilation and publication of a 1,000-strong list of human voices no longer silenced, and never again alone. You can find the list online here: Former Church Of Scientology Members Who Have Spoken Out. Documentation is provided for each name included in the list.

All remaining victims or observers of abuse within organized Scientology are invited to speak out and add their names and their messages.

We hope that the courage shown by those named on this list empowers more people to come forward with their stories of abuse, and ultimately prevents such abuses from ever taking place again.

Since February 2008, Anonymous has protested the crimes and abuses of the "Church of Scientology" and its many front groups. These protests, as well as public awareness efforts like the Big List, will continue.

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Expect Us.
  29. AnonLover Member

dam shame the presser on this fine effort hasnt gone out yet... in hindsight, keeping it in this thread (and not doing it under translation/text subforum where they always get done & everyone would see it) was prolly a bad idea :(
  30. RightOn Member

sorry for being a dumb ass... wat?
    If you know where to put this where it will get noticed, please do so??
    I will be eternally grateful.

oh! please be sure to embedd the link below in this sentence:

"You can find the list online here: Former Church Of Scientology Members Who Have Spoken Out"

link:

Former Church of Scientology members who have spoken out - Why We Protest Wiki
  31. AnonLover Member

cross posted here:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/42-english/press-release-big-list-exes-1000-a-65669/#post1228469

sorry i didnt do this yesterday when i first noticed that we had a brand new thread going for the big list & got caught up on things. kicking myself nao.
  32. RightOn Member

33. AnonLover Member

y/w. btw - my hardcopy info packs from last summer, are due for an updating & i haz a pdf version of the big list that i use for those & mirror on scribd.

when i refresh it in the near future, u want me to also slap up a open filesharing mirror link to reuse it on the wiki page? (to surface a link to get a pdf version like i see were doing on other wiki pages) i typically copypasta update my pdf quarterly fwiw - but i'll gladly share if off scribd if anybody do want.
  34. RightOn Member

soundz gude to meh! :)
  35. RightOn Member

John Leemhuis - left after 10 years, recruiter (body router)

"Amsterdam daily, Het Parool, today carries an article in which former Scientology recruiter John Leemhuis explains why he has left the organization and joined the ranks of other defectors who, while still pursuing Scientology’s ‘tech’, want nothing to do with the so-called ‘Church’ of Scientology.
    Leemhuis: “In the past it was all about Hubbard, about the ideals. Now it merely is a money machine. It is all mind-control, PR, and money, money, money. Nothing else.”

More problems for Scientology in the Netherlands
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Anonymous Member

38. firebug Member

Steve Dunning v. Church of Scientology, et al
    Sued for breach of contract, breach of implied covenant of good faith and
    fair dealing claims, fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress

Benham v. Church of Scientology Celebrity Center of Dallas
    Vicki Benham alleged that she was injured while on the Purification Rundown and
    that she suffered emotional distress

Jose Baptista v. Church of Scientology Mission of Cambridge, No. Civ. 81010, Superior Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
    sued for fraud, intentional infliction of emotional distress, unlicensed
    practice of medicine, invasion of privacy

Philip Wearne. The Age - Aug 8, 1963
  39. RightOn Member

firebug, I know these people sued COS, but were they actually ex Scientologists? Are there any completion records or other dox?

i came across many court cases myself while digging, but I couldn't prove that the people I found in the cases were ex Scis
  40. Anonymous Member

He's already on the list as Phillip Bennett Wearne, he testified at the Victorian Board of Inquiry into Scientology, mentioned in "The Anderson Report".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.