Customize

Big List of THOUSANDS of Exes Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OperatingSP Member

I disagree for three reasons.

First, this is a list of Scientologists who have not only left, but have "Spoken Out." Well, Ms. Mantey's Declaration is her speaking out. Her Declaration is her statement.

Second, her training quals are relevant. Certainly relevant to someone who is still in the Church of Scientology, taking a look, and trying to make up their mind. The fact she was a Class IV Auditor and a Qual Sec means something.

Third, the Declaration is far more than an advertisement for indies. The "outpoints" noted include:
    Some of this -- e.g., death right after achieving OT VIII; regging to insolvency -- will resonate with the general public.

Other items -- (e.g., "Important data disappeared in „Introduction to Scientology Ethics“: „If you cut off a half of a dynamic, you cut off a half of every dynamic“(Chapter Ethics, Justice and the Dynamics)") -- while meaningless to the general public will be VERY important to a Scientologist who is still in but taking a look at thing. To a Scientologist, that change is huge.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. RightOn Member

3. RightOn Member

4. Anonymous Member

RightOn, please take it from an ex -- the "extra crap" is important to those still in who are peaking at the list. It is one thing if a "dilettante" who never made any Bridge progress leaves. The person who is still in can explain it away as just someone who was a tweety-weety, PTS, Miss Patty Cakes dillitente who never cognited. It is quite another if the person who left was an in the SO, or OT, or (for those who get it) trained.

Or, far, far worse, an Auditor and Exec Trained OT who was also in the SO.

Those quals matter. I suggest you include them, if applicable, at least as follows:

(1) Processing Level (e.g., Grade Completion, Clear, OT level, etc.);

(2) Auditor Training Level (e.g., Classed Auditor, KTL, KTL/LOC, Special Rundown, etc.);

(3) Staff Status or Exec Training (e.g., Staff Status I, Staff Status II, Exec Status I, OEC, FEBC, etc.);

(4) Staff Employment (e.g., Class V Org, SO, and if in SO at where and at at what level? -- e.g., a SH, an AO, a CLO, Flag, Int.?)

(5) IAS status.

FWIW, I think the way you do it with the appropriate acronyms and short-hand has been perfect.

I know this all probably means crap to a lot of Anons. But for those who are in who are lurking, it means a lot. It means something to me only in that it tells me, at a glance, a lot about an ex's Scientology experience.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RightOn Member

well I am glad it means something to someone
    and yes I think its all crap which is why I worded it that way :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

Based on the look of the FB Photo, it appears he may have croaked shed his body.

lost interest in FB.jpg
  7. RightOn Member

8. Anonymous Member

9. RightOn Member

10. Incredulicide Member

11. RightOn Member

are we now going to include COS completion links to names?
    because we haven't for 3 years.
    Not saying it's a bad idea, but I am not going to go through all 1850+ names and look up their completions. But feel free to do so.
  12. Incredulicide Member

We do and have done when the person being added doesn't mention it themselves in the link to them speaking out.
  13. RightOn Member

news to me
  14. Incredulicide Member

A count of the occurrences of "truthaboutscientology.com" in the sourcecode of the list returns 211 matches.
  15. RightOn Member

no doubt
    but like I said there is an awful lot to fill in
    I don't (and never have) added stuff to the wiki or the or the google one, I am only the dox collector :)
    but if you think we should start adding completions, we can on those who have them
  16. Incredulicide Member

I usually look them up when you say they're in completions and the levels in your post are more than (or don't match) those mentioned at the speaking out link given. It saves everyone else that is viewing the list having to also find the source of the claims in an entry.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RightOn Member

I post and mostly copy and paste from whatever info I find on a name. I don't make levels up. I wouldn't even know how to do that.
    but a bit off topic...
    you don't seem to like me very much, do you?
    why do your posts have that unfriendly edge?
    We are all working on this list together.... so whats the problem?
  18. Incredulicide Member

Please don't misread my corrective geekiness as anything but that.
    I like you very much RightOn
  19. RightOn Member

huh! as Sparrow would say
    well maybe just tone down the tone of your posts then.
    They are very low on the tone scale. lol
    good enough and onward.....
    /derail
  20. KA.

TrevAnon, Thank you for doing this!! Very kind of you and appreciated. Thanks for the info. Somehow I assumed you were one of the moderators because you were taking care of my posting troubles - didn't realize you were a "regular". I'm not familiar with this blog; only sometimes I look in because of the new names of the list.- KA
  21. RightOn Member

KA, please pass the link to the Big List along to your friends and spread the word through leaving comments on online articles on the net or wherever you can.

If there is anyone else who would like to be added, please let me know. They can PM me here.
    Strength in numbers!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  22. RightOn Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Incredulicide Member

So I decided to add up all the IAS "donations" we know of on the list, and it came to
    $1.86 MILLION DOLLARS
    • Like Like x 2
  24. RightOn Member

very cool idea
    Tony Ortega is suppossed to mention this list at some point and this would be a very interesting stat to include!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Incredulicide Member

We should also add up the "left after x years" (plus years on staff for people where we have it, who don't have the "left after" info)
  26. RightOn Member

yeah that was rolled around at one point a while back I believe, but we never got to it
  27. RightOn Member

another link for Simi Valley, her story on blog
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

I am going to go through the posts and do a round up of names that still need confirming before they get too lost in the shuffle
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

29. RightOn Member

30. Ogsonofgroo Member

^^^ agree, Ratbuuny's blog is a stomach churning mess of cotton-candy-ass-kissery and most people won't be bothered to sift through the drivel :)

So nice to see The List still growing, RO and the other compilers ROCK!

Cheers!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  31. RightOn Member

thanks Og!!
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Ogsonofgroo Member

Oh you're more than welcome RightOn, its really you who deserves the Thanks for keeping on with this valuable and comprehensive resource. I've had more than a few folks thank me for putting a link into my sig at ESMB, I think for some of the newly-outs it is a real eye-opener, ya know, considering the usual CoS party line of "A few bitter people/apostates with axes to grind blah-blah...." , especially when folks recognize their old mates and read what they have ta say, sometimes it can be just the nudge someone needs to get them off the fence and looking in depth at other aspects.
    Its, like, the best of a public service possible to me! :D
    • Agree Agree x 2
  33. RightOn Member

thanks Og, no need for thanks, but thanks lol!
    we really need to get the list out there more now that the media is listening!
    I think it is a treasure trove of info all in one neat package!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  34. RightOn Member

35. Anonymous Member

36. Anonymous Member

37. amaX Member

i love this thread. thanks to you all for all the work you put into The Big List of Ex's. and especially to RO who just keeps going and going with The List! wooooHOOOOOOO!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  38. Anonymous Member

39. RightOn Member

yup edited,
    I have been making a myriad of mistakes lately
    I don't want to give excuses like my dog ate my homework and all, butI haven't been able to concentrate on this stuff completley. I have been SO busy lately with other things going on and I try to log on and post comments here and there and work on this list a little too. Kind of like "drive bys", so sorry for all the mistakes.
    As I said before I will be going through all the posts and listing names that we have not been able to confirm. and Luis was one of them! I hope to get to it some time later today.
  40. RightOn Member

ok so went back through some posts and copy pasted the names of people we are still looking for
    will now have to sort out this out and post it once I tweak it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.