Customize

Big List of THOUSANDS of Exes Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RightOn Member

hmmm don't know how I would be able to do this safely. I don't skype. If you want to ask me questions through PM's live here, and then you can read them back, that may be an option.
  2. another123 Member

3. jensting Member

OK, my Internet sooper skillz fail again. I typed "Kay" and "Kaye" into the box labeled "search" on the wiki page referenced in post 1 in this thread and got nothing.
  4. RightOn Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. another123 Member

The "wiki search" seems to only bring up the 1st instance of search item.
    The google site search seems to have the same glitch if there are multiple listings with that name on the same page. That's why we use browser word searches (on the wiki) and keep hitting "next" till you seen all the results.
    Also, blame it on damn multiple-names these people have.
  6. jensting Member

Might I be crude enough to offer a simplifying suggestion: remove the useless google search (a search with a known defect is worse than no search) and put a link to instructions for Ctrl-F search in letters big enough for the casual visitor to use?
  7. Incredulicide Member

Ideally such instructions wouldn't be a link that takes them away from the list page itself. Someone with more wiki skills than me could try to import the "Tip" box template into our wiki from wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Tip
    Removing the Search box from the top of the wiki is problematic: it's built-in to every wiki page to let people search the entire wiki for page results, it's never been for name results within one page. Changing that would require higher privileges than I have, and consensus by all other wiki editors.
  8. RightOn Member

9. RightOn Member

10. Anonymous Member

is it me or did people joining the Indies really slow up? It seems ever since they announced all the rules and news of opening their own "Indy Org", it has really slowed up?
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

I just wanted to point out that Don Shaul became famous or infamous in Israel when he was just 13.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3353985,00.html

I'm glad to see he got a bit wiser. Not much,but a bit. Then again he is only 18 now. By 21 he might be all cured from Scientolohism.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Incredulicide Member

14. I would like my name removed, Debora Reynolds #34. Nobody asked my permission to repost my name elsewhere on the internet. This same list was from indy500, and so many have just copy/pasted this list on their site. Its alot of work to follow up and get this removed. Thank you in advance.
  15. another123 Member

Removed from WWP wiki & google biglist. Count reset to: 2010

Kira Brett REMOVED via online form request: see my talk.
    Count reset to 2009
  16. Anonymous Member

But did the person speak out? And how do we know this isn't some random person taking names off the list? Not trying to start shit, just wondering.
  17. another123 Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. Checked, name no longer on the 500 list. As for this other one, see comments.
  18. Anonymous Member

Interesting contrast between the Indy500 list vs. Big List we should keep in mind from here on out.

Big List - we dig hard for proof of speaking out, identify background, ask exes for confirmation, etc. End result - people who go out of their way to speak out loud and proud, aren't as likely to be upset when they are acknowledged and recognized as someone who spoke out against the Church of Scientology.

Indy500 - debora reynolds #34 got put on the Indy500 list presumably because someone knew she practiced Scientology outside of the Church and that is all that was needed for them to lump her into their head count. Lower standards, greater threshold of pain. Some people who practice Scientology outside of the church may not necessary be OK with being seen as someone who speaks out against it (due to family disconnection, fair game, etc.)

^^This might require extra checking on new Indy500 names, to ensure they speak out loud and proud in places other than Indy500 list.
  19. Anonymous Member

Way to go OSA, you just need to convince 10 more on the list to "unspeakout" and we'll be below 2000 again.
  20. Anonymous Member

21. RightOn Member

#2012 -Dale Landers – left after 8 years, Staff, Class VI, OT III, declared, Vancouver
    • Like Like x 1
  22. RightOn Member

we are not here to hold hands.
    If they were put on the Indy List it is there for everyone to see. Do they think the internet is private?

Their web page states:
    "Your life belongs to you. Not to a self-appointed dictator/sciopath or to the degraded beings who support him. Let's move Scientology toward normalcy by ending the heavily-abused practice of enforced disconnection. Get your name on the list, be one of the first 500 indie Scientologists and take your life back. The ranks of indie Scientologists are growing daily. With enough names on the list we will break the back of disconnection, not because of this list, but because of the power of your communication lines, freedom and integrity being restored. "

^ THIS is speaking out against the COS!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. RightOn Member

So, are you saying that Steve Hall did not have your permission to post your name on the Indy List?
    Or is it that you just didn't want your name posted on the "Big List".
    If it is the latter, once your name is out there, you can not control what people do with information on the net.
    Again, the Indy 500 List is not a private list, anyone can view it. If your name was on it or was once on it, then you must have agreed to the intro that Hall posted. See the post above if you have forgotten what it says.
  24. Anonymous Member

1. As previous anon pointed out, it may or may not have been debora reynolds herself who posted the request to have her name removed.

2. The first point is actually moot though, in my opinion, since I agree with RightOn that once a person has publicly spoken out against the Scientology corporation, there is no way to take it back. The information is on the Internet and there is no taking it back.

I vote that her name stays on the list, whether or not she has requested her name taken off, or is an indy, or has re-joined the cult. This is a list of people who have spoken out publicly, and no permission is needed to use information that is in the public domain.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Incredulicide Member

Not that one in bold. This is a list of former members of the CoS who have spoken out. If they become a current member again that is the one thing which warrants taking them off. I agree with the rest of your comment though, and I think we shouldn't remove them from the list until there is verification they are back in.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

Perhaps it was a different Kira Brett who requested she be removed?
  28. another123 Member

hate to be a pain in the ass, but this goes against the list's printed rules:
    Also, Debora Reynolds no longer appears on the Indie 500 list, so how do you verify with a link?
    And since we're all just users of this site, you think you might pass this question on to either a mod or Sue(<- when push comes to shove, this is the person that's going to have the final say)
  29. RightOn Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. RightOn Member

31. twig Member

WTF am I reading?! How is this a matter of debate? If someone does not want to be counted on this list, don't count them! It's a list of people who are willing to stand up for the truth. If the numbers drop because some people don't have a spine, so be it.
  32. Incredulicide Member

You're right, it's not a debate, it's a vote, and this forum already voted against that:
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/deleting-names-from-the-big-list.94080/
    So not wanting to be on the list isn't reason enough by itself to not be on it.

another123 I'll leave it to you to revert your deletions.
  33. twig Member

34. another123 Member

Restored 2 deleted listings on wiki, along with the count.
    Didn't add Dale Landers (or his count). There's no verification link in the post.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. mnql1 Member

36. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

Fixed the number for you :D
    But where is the link? Google can't find anything for me.
  38. RightOn Member

this was a PM to me, so no links
  39. Incredulicide Member

40. RightOn Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.