Customize

Bigger than average global raid in LA - Feb 13 - Anoniversary II Thanks!!!

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by _You_, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _You_ Member

Bigger than average global raid in LA - Feb 13 - Anoniversary II Thanks!!!

Good idea? Bad idea?

Remember how much fun last year was? What if we got everyone anywhere near LA to come?

YouTube - gonehome1433's Channel
  2. _You_ Member

re: Bigger than average global raid in LA - Feb 13 - Anoniversary II Thanks!!!

Not a bad idea. Maybe you should make a poll; start another thread with one and maybe a mod can merge it.
  3. anon0004 Member

uhm and then Megaraid in Boston only 3 month later dunno....
    I can only afford to go to the US once a year.

but well I am just a single individual.
  4. _You_ Member

I don't think this would conflict with Boston at all. It's 3,000 miles away. It would be cool to do both though, if you could.
  5. the anti Member

I don't know if you want to do LA really, we have far to many crazy people here. like that homeless guy I saw a few years ago picking a fight with a trash can, haha, that was awesome.
  6. _You_ Member

Yes. Let's do this.
  7. _You_ Member

Dear Anons who live anywhere near Los Angeles:

You are cordially invited to Anoniversary II in Los Angeles, CA, in February 2010.

There's a good chance there will be music, caek (maybe...we're not so good at this actually, got to watch our movie star figures), and possibly some SP Awards. Hopefully Xenu will be there, among other dignitaries.

Dress accordingly.

PM locals for help with transportation or lodging.

You won't regret it.
  8. _You_ Member

I propose an early poll for the date so we can plan ahead.

I also suggest we don't do any sort of awards.

NorCal anons want to take a road trip?
  9. slobeck Member

I might make it down from SF if it looks like there's a lot of interest. I'll keep an eye on this to see what becomes of it. Does LA have a ning?
  10. Sissy Lala Member

Friends and I saw a homeless guy yelling and pounding on a stop sign because his wife had cheated on him with the sign 75 yrs ago (even though he was in his mid-20s max). He broke his hand.

I hate to admit it, but that was awesome, too, especially when he asked the cop if he could get a restraining order on the sign. lol
  11. _You_ Member

Ok, 1) Are you an LAfag?
    If not, this will get the same response as the last time an anon volunteered LA for a megaraid without them knowing. A big fat fucking "NO". After that LA said they never would want to do one.

2)February? That gives you only two months of planning. It seems like a long time, but a lot of work has to be done-a space to hold one everyone, accommodations for everyone, events need to be planned, people need to be contacted for permits, and a lot of money needs to be saved and collected to make everything happen. We're talking LA here-it's going to be in the thousands.
    Will LA come up with that kind of money that soon after Christmas? Will any other anon interested in going?
  12. _You_ Member

Caek with hearts!
    Protest signs in red!
    Frilly little lacy outfits!
  13. _You_ Member

LOL WAT?

Permits?

Thousands of dollars?

I have no idea if this will occur. But permits lots of money is not an issue. Some people will know people in the area and have a place to stay, and LA/Hollywood has many affordable and nice hostels. We don't really need permits...the scilons are the ones that get permits.

The big issue is planning it in conjunction with some local event to make it worthwhile for visitors. I haven't looked, so am not sure if anything interesting is coming up.

To answer another question, there is socalanon.com. If you pose a question someone will answer it, but IRC is where most people that hang out...actually hang out.

Keep in mind we do have cancer in LA. You think you have the chemo to deal with it, please do come on over.

I vote for May myself. There might be a fun event in May.
  14. the anti Member

venice

orlyu.jpg
  15. _You_ Member

It's just a protest, for Xenu's sake. It's not Michael Jackson's funeral.

People show up, they bring signage and caek and stuff.

PM some locals if you need a place to stay. Also, there are tons of cheap hotels and even hostels. There's a subway station less than a block away. You get off the subway and you can literally see Big Blue from there.

I'm thinking of renting a room the night before. I will pm people who might be interested. I know a really cool place close to Hollywood Blvd. Maybe the night before, for people who are already in town, we can raid on Hollywood Blvd, i.e. HGB and Longsign. Then do Big Blue on Saturday.

I think Feb 13 is a good date, because it's close to the original Feb 10, 2008 date, and is also close to Lisa M's birthday.

If we get 300-400 people that would be cool, and would be about the size of the original 2008 protest. It's a lot of people, but manageable.

Let's be honest, there were more people protesting during the Chinese Olympics one day, than we have EVER had. So? Again, it's not going to be like Michael Jackson's funeral.

And I think we definitely need the awards, because they were hilarious. This is SoCal, baby. We have bums that yell at street signs and trash cans. I think we need the lolcano, Xenu, balloons, banners, and everything that has ever been at any of the protests all on one date:

FEB 13, 2010!!!!
  16. re: Bigger than average global raid in LA - Feb 13 - Anoniversary II Thanks!!!

Anoniversary II on Feb 13th? OOooooo. Do want. Perfect timing for a little sumpin up the sleeve of my sparkly new gown. Plus I heard some gorgeous right coast ladies will in town around that time. Oh, my. This could be fun. Will discuss with the Tustin crew tomorrow. Those attentionfags are always up for a party.
  17. HugeAnon Member

I do NOT look good in lace.
  18. AnonOfStout Member

I have a relative in LA.... I could go sleep on their floor.... hmmmmm
  19. re: Bigger than average global raid in LA - Feb 13 - Anoniversary II Thanks!!!

As a local, I cheerfully suggest consulting my dear friend Mr. Google about your lodging accommodations.
  20. _You_ Member

So, no sound permits? No music or speech's? Are we talking just inviting people to a larger-than-average monthly raid? Or a rally like the one DC held in the summer or 08?
  21. _You_ Member

I have no clue re: what kind of raid this will be.
    No one is admitting to starting this idea.
    May would still be better, as far as I am concerned.

Good luck getting sound permits though.
  22. _You_ Member

if we in LA could win some of that there "SCIENTOLOGY PRANK" prize money, that would def. help make the whole thing easir to plan.... hmm....
  23. _You_ Member

Everyone but Vegas is invited.
  24. _You_ Member

We DEFINITELY want Las Veganons. Have you seen their caeks? Not to mention their signs?
  25. _You_ Member

I love how this whole thread beside Mudkips are Anon postings. Other fags basically volunteering another cell for a rally and one of the five niggerfaggots spamming that "prank" shit everywhere.
  26. Snake Member

Oh joy...two people from SD, maybe 2 from SF/SJ and the usual 10-15 that show up. Sounds like a megaraid for current LA standards

Stop trolling you hag.
  27. _You_ Member

There are people from Sacramento to San Diego who could theoretically come. There are people in nearby states such as Nevada and Arizona.

Nashville did this and had a pretty good turnout. Boston is doing it (in May). London has done it, and so has Hamburg.

It doesn't seem like such a big deal actually.

All Nashville did was go out and buy a bunch of barbecue. We can get some tacos or something.
  28. _You_ Member

Black history month. Afros and suits.
  29. _You_ Member

Yeah, but no one in LA steps up anymore really to do things like this. Good luck trying to get anyone to organize shit.
  30. re: Bigger than average global raid in LA - Feb 13 - Anoniversary II Thanks!!!

Oh? So perhaps that tired non-organizing Mario Brothers wiped-out generation should step aside and let the 60's and 70's survivors do all the heavy lifting here?

Derrr!

Come on you jerks. Wake up. Anoniversary II rolls on. Together. No rules. Like back in our pirates days.
  31. _You_ Member

You forgot to mention their massive asses, massive egos, and massive artillery collections.
  32. _You_ Member

Socal is now yours to do with as you please, our dear MILF.
  33. _You_ Member

I still wanna know who volunteered Socal for a mega raid?
    And why Feb?
    What the hell is going on in Feb?

Normally..the area where the mega raid will occur...volunteers themselves...and it coincides with some event like Hamburg's did.

Socal, when contacted ahead of time, is more than happy to make sure guests get to raid even if it does not coincide with a global. I just don't know a particular reason for Feb.
  34. _You_ Member

Would LOVE if it was Feb 13th, because I can be there from the East Coast--was planning a trip anyway, megaraid or not.
  35. _You_ Member

Have faith in da MILF.
  36. re: Bigger than average global raid in LA - Feb 13 - Anoniversary II Thanks!!!

Lol, you.

I don't know who called for a Megaraid and honestly I'm not even sure what a Megaraid is. I was focusing on the Anoniversary II part, which naturally falls in February. (Explains itself, right?) And that in itself is newsworthy, imo. But I think the event could be juiced up even more. There are so many things going on that could warrant a press conference a la Germany style. The books that have come out, the investigations launched, some new exes speaking out, etc. Plus it's two months away and a lot can happen potentially leading up to a great deal of interest in a well played protest. You SoCal guys are lucky you have so many geezers around willing to put their energy into something like this. Jes sayin'.

And selfishly, I love seeing all you Type A brats in tuxedos. Nice.

So, technically, what is a Megaraid?
  37. _You_ Member

February is the two year anniversary of the raids.
    February is Lisa McPherson's birthday.
    February is when some out of town visitors will be here.
    February is a month when no other town is doing a megaraid (unlike May).
    February is a month when the ball is still rolling (most likely), whereas each month after that could have some event that causes the globals to stop.
  38. _You_ Member

39. re: Bigger than average global raid in LA - Feb 13 - Anoniversary II Thanks!!!

Ok, yes, now I understand. International invitation. Lulz ensues. Graham speaks. Fancy schmancy protest. Everyone goes home happy and hungover. Thank you, Mudkips. Got it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.