Customize

Bill S.978.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lagger01, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Lagger01 Member

I don't know what to say this guys, but America has completely fucked up with the internet and possibly 50% of the world with what i'm about to show you guys.

It goes a bit like this. The goverment is apparantly so stupid with whats going on in the world that instead of solving REAL problems, they are officialy making Movies, Music and Video Games illegal. Yeah I said it. Congress is pretty much ruining America.

The website link is here :- http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s978/show

Also websites that have crucial info

http://www.truthistreason.net/senate-bill-978-seeks-to-make-infringing-youtube-­videos-a-felony-silencing-the-alternative-media

http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/ten_strikes/?source=fb

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/senate-panel-oks-felony-streaming-act/

[The thing is, Congress are trying to put out a new law that it is Illegal to put any Copyrighted Material that is to do with Music, Films, and basically anything to do with the internet. I could see why with all the people pirating videos. But really. America are putting out a law that literally means that Gamers or Music Fanatics like us will be going to Jail for 5 years, which is nearly the equivilent of Murder.[/FONT]

Although this is only happening in America, as any other law, it's going to spread, plus you could pretty much say good by to technology, as Youtube, Blip TV, Ign and so on are literally going to be out of buisness since we are no longer to have copyrighted material. No more reviews, no more Lp'ing, no more Angry Video Game Nerd, no more Tobuscus, no more youtube, Nothing!

If this law actually gets passed it looks like we'll be going back to the gaming dark ages.
  2. Anonymous Member

Streaming of copyrighted material should be illegal.
  3. anonymous612 Member

I ain't reading your shit until you put it into a decent font color.
  4. coskilla Member

Yeah could lightn the font more I could almost read it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

It's non-sequitur time!

IXpCU.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lagger01 Member

the problem with that is that there will be no more live streams, also no more commentary of gaming or frag movies. So this message is very important to most gamers.
  7. Anonymous Member

WWP is not much of a collection of avid gamers. Why not take this over to http://www.whatis-theplan.org and baaawwww about it there?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

It DOES effect internet freedom, so ignore the u-hacked-my-sony vibe.
  9. Anonymous Member

i protest against it since it will destroy portal songs and docjazz and other ocarina music and videogame reports and ratings. We have to use the strongest thing in politics: public desicions. We need to protest until this law is removed
  10. Anonymous Member

everything will be gone from jesus christ church songs to meaning of life investigations(if those exist anyway)
  11. Anonymous Member

Good luck with that. Why the hell would anyone pursue a career in music, film, dance, whatever, if it were fine to rip it off by anyone in the world? You are beyond naive. Patents, copyrights, trademarks - you've heard of them - are there to insure the owner(s) get paid what they are supposed to.

Streaming of copyrighted material is wrong.
  12. Anonymous Member

Will it fuck. If YouTube run with this shit - then rutube get the business instead.

Life moves on, faggots, congress doesn't run shit outside the US, which is why thepiratebay existed for so many years.
  13. Anonymous Member

also, every forum put into any website having to do with any POSSIBLE thing existing which is for sale will be removed i believe if we dont stop this madness internet will be nothing but official websites with only a bit of info thinking that 'too much information/spoilers' will ruin the game. So if we dont do anything about this we will be sad and even the internet will be sad. vodafone and telstra and other services wont have much money because most people will just sit at home doing something else due to the fact VERY VERY possible fact 99.99999999999999999999999% of internet users are trolls,fans,singers,video audiences,gamers and other things.
  14. Anonymous Member

umm its true public desicions are the strongest force in politics. protesting will force politicians to eventually stop ignoring everyone and alter the choices depending on the unpredictable choice in everyones mind.
  15. regem912 Member

also its not copyrighted if its credited and someone SINGS it by himself or plays videogame songs of very old things that might as well be forgotten forever but kept alive with lots of humor by angry video game nerd,nostalgia critic,etc so its like saying ancient artifacts are copyrighted then closing down an whole mueseum
    • Like Like x 1
  16. regem912 Member

i support removing this law by anonymous (whoever he is) im also an fan of docjazz and not just that fan made material like spongebonghempants will be removed too
  17. lulzgasm Member

ftfy
  18. Anonymous Member

also, copyrighted means they will be arrested for selling it but docjazz doesnt sell his music, he plays them to remind players of the old times of ocarina of time and its famous songs. So this law is extending the meaning of copyrighted to not being able to refrence it at all in any way possible so trust me, this law SHOULD be removed
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

How can streaming yourself playing a game be copyrighted when you're creating original content of you playing it?
  20. Anonymous Member

This thread is 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% fail and retardation.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

ITT: inarticulation
  22. Herro Member

There are issues with that law that need to be discussed, but saying that law will make music, movies and video games illegal is just a flat out lie.
  23. Anonymous Member

u high?
  24. Anonymous Member

gaming blows