Customize

Boycott Scientology Celbes

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by don_quixote, Sep 29, 2011.

1. don_quixote Member

This is kind of a follow-up to a post I did a few months back where I suggested protesting against movies that starred Scientology Celebs.

Well I realize that was not the best of ideas so instead a new one came to me.

As I said earlier Protesting is all well and good but combine it with boycotting and you've got yourself a one-two punch combination that can be very effective

The Great Civil Rights Leaders of their time used this tactic to great effectiveness....

Martin Luther King Jr. = the buses

Cesar Chavez = Grapes, fruit, vegetables

Mohandas Gandhi = British made products

I'm sure as Anonymous Members many of you wouldn't even consider buying any products of Scientology (which pretty much only include their books)

And I've heard great stories about Anons getting more and more people out of the Cult so that's more money lost to Scientology

Now to take another step....... Let's all pledge to NOT PAY ANY MONEY to see movies that have Scientology Celebrities in them. Furthermore we'll not watch and T.V. that has them either

I know a lot of you are saying, "But they already have lots of money, this won't accomplish anything..." Perhaps in the beginning.

But if ratings start to fall for certain actors merely because of their association with Scientology movie and T.V. studios will start to see this as a liability and be unwilling to hire these actors again.

Yes this is a slow and gradual process, that may take time, but if we keep money out of the hands of Celeb Scientologists it means less money that will eventually get to the Church, and if young up and coming actors here about this they'll be less inclined to join as well.

Over time this will have an impact especially if we can prevent new stars from joining the cult.

So who's ready to take the pledge to never watch anything that features a Scientology Celebrity Again??
    This includes but is not limited to: Paying money to see their movies, Watching them on T.V., Buying products advertised or endorsed by them, Buying literature printed by them, Attending concerts/events/ or seminars sponsored by them.

I don't know how many people are members of this site, but I know that there are enough of us World-wide that if we stand together in this pledge we can hit Scientology where it hurts...THEIR POCKETBOOK!!!!

So in the words of a famous Scientology song: WE STAND TALL!!!!

Here's a list of current famous people in Scientology to help:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scientologists

P.S.: The only person I'm really going to miss is Nancy Cartwright, I was a HUGE Simpsons fan, but I guess this means no more.....
  2. Anonymous Member

Actually I want their celebrities to remain in the public spotlight. As long as they keep putting Scientology in the spotlight, they bring attention to the criticisms that are these days, harder to ignore or miss.
  3. veravendetter Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Say what you like about him, that man's got bunnies.
  5. Anonymous Member

I'm will continue to download Beck's music.
  6. thefatman Member

Somehow I doubt there are enough of us to make any tangible difference. Even if every one of the 58,000 members of this forum from across the WORLD were located in say, Australia, it still would barely impact on ratings here.
  7. Anonymous Member

I used to listen to Beck. I thought his lyrics were abstract.

After learning about scientology and his upbringing I realize his lyrics are merely stupid because he has no education and has never lived life out of the cult. And he steals most of his best musical material as well.
  8. don_quixote Member

Well okay so I guess your not on board......

Is this guy's music really THAT GOOD?!?!?! So much that you'll continue to download his music

Also knowing that a good amount of the money you give to him he will in turn most likely give to CoS?!?!?!

Think about it some more......
  9. Anonymous Member

don, its impossible to boycott or encourage a boycott. Nobody takes these celebs seriously and most people view Scientology is just cooky and crazy. Its also embedded into society that it is okay for celebs to be indecent dumbshits without a moral bone in their body. That being said, if all that is left of Scientology is a bunch of celebs, a building, and DM sucking the dollars out of them, then I wouldn't call that fail. I'd call that hilarity.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. don_quixote Member

Perhaps your right....but at the same time there are still a bunch of people in the cult who are not celebs and who are really being harmed by Scientology.

The boycott idea is to stop the "Big Players" (celebs) from giving huge contributions.

At the same time that is going on Anonymous continues their protests and efforts to pull normal average people out of the cult to end their financial abuse.

Soon Cos begins loosing more and more money and it will lead to eventual collapse

It can be a very effective form of attack

The celebs who support CoS may be idiots, but their idiots with large checkbooks.
  11. Just like the Anon stated:

8cUhX.jpg
  12. Smurf Member

LOL. Boycotting a film starring a Scilon celebrity has never been effective.
  13. don_quixote Member

I'm just trying to be practical about the whole thing....

The most effective way to take down an organization is through it's money.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Anonymous's goal is to "Take Down" the Church of Scientology

Aside from physically attacking Orgs the only other thing to do is to cut off their resources.

You can publicly expose or embarrass the church as much as you want but in order to get it to stop functioning you need to take away their access to money. That's what the whole scam is about isn't it?!?! MONEY

Since Scientology doesn't sell much (except for books) their aren't too many products to boycott...so the next best thing is to boycott the people who give them LARGE amounts of money.

IF enough people say they "won't pay money to see Tom Cruise" and his movies start flopping as a result the studios will eventually get the message and stop hiring him to do movies if he's not bringing them any money.

Without more income Cruise will eventually be bleed dry by CoS or wake up and smell the coffee.

If we the consumers stand up and say, "WE WILL NOT PAY MONEY TOWARDS ANYONE THAT IS A SCIENTOLOGIST" it will also detour future celebs from joining since they won't want to be branded that way

Boycotts have proven effective in the past, it will be a slow process for sure but it CAN work.
  14. Anonymous Member

I choose not to buy anything or patronize anything that I think will profit the cult. It follows naturally from my belief that they are pernicious.
  15. Smurf Member

Avoid anything Disney and avoid consuming Pepsi products. The cult has long had stocks with the companies and made money from them.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

There are many options. Physically attacking orgs is not one of them. In 2008 there were a number of baseless claims and propaganda videos made by the church. Posts like this make me worry.
    That is a primary focus, but not the only focus. Management could change, possibly due to incarceration.
    True. But we are few and Scientology is not on a lot of people's radar.

I like your sentiment, but the boycotts in the op are very different from Scientology. The British had a salt tax. Everyone was harmed by this law. People protested by ignoring this law.

The situation is similar in the civil rights movement, where they ignored the law of segregation.

There is no law that says you have to go to a Scientology movie. There is no law that says you must be a Scientologist. Not everyone is affected by Scientology. A boycott by a very small number of people on a topic that doesn't affect people would have little effect.

A video of beaten prisoners, escape attempts, video evidence of forced abortions or something of this nature, would have an enormous impact.
  17. tildacity Member

Some of this site's members tried to start a boycott of one of Mr. Cruise's prior movies. Mr. Cruise is still wildly popular. He went on to get the starring role in yet another Mission Impossible sequel. Most former Anonymous protestors are no longer active in attacking the Church of Scientology and its parishioners. This site lacks the numbers and clout to wield any semblance of a boycott.

If you want to bang your head against that wall I won't stop you. When you finish Mr. Cruise will still be one of the most popular, highly compensated actors of all time and his movies will continue to be blockbuster hits.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

"MR" Cruise?
    ohhhh brother
    If Tom is OTVII, how can ANY of his movies fail?
    Valkerie went over like a fart in church.
    I don't get it?
  19. xenubarb Member

Meh. Boycotting entertainment because it contains scilons is fail and makes people who do it sound weirdly rabid and fail. So, no. I don't 'boycott' Tom Cruise but I don't watch him either. He makes me ill.

I will not give up the Simpsons or Chili Palmer either!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

I usually buy (and thus support) the artists I deeply enjoy.

I will continue to download Beck's music.

Think about it some more......
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

I agree. boycotting them won't make any difference. But as a a personal choice I do not watch any of Tom Cruise or John Travolta movies. Just seeing their faces on the screen gets on my nerves. By the way - same goes for Mel Gibson.
    I still like the Simpsons, I enjoy Neil Gaiman's books and I do like Elisabeth Moss in Mad Men.
  23. don_quixote Member

Hmm that sounds like a challenge...... But I'm sure people told Cesar Chavez the same thing when he first started.

Maybe I won't get a boycott going today.....

But a lot of people already responded saying that they won't pay to see Cruise or Travolta. And hey that's good enough for me.

If Anons don't want to officially boycott but won't pay to see these losers anyway I still consider that a win

And there are plenty of stories about Celebs going bankrupt! So I guess I can only hope for the day......
  24. Smurf Member

I like Cruise in the "Mission: Impossible" series, and will watch the next installment.
  25. don_quixote Member

Very well suite yourself

I won't hold it against you

But I won't be paying money to see any Scilons stuff, and if I'm the only the one then fine.
  26. Smurf Member

There are alot of actors in the "Scilons stuff" (films) that have zero to do with the cult. You're throwing the baby out with the bath water, but you're entitled.
  27. don_quixote Member

Well okay to be fair I never thought about it that way......

But still the truth of the matter is that the main draw is probably Tom Cruise.....

I guess you have a point though.....

*Sigh* So it really is a "no-win" situation......

I thought according to Captain Kirk there was no such things
  28. Scientology: Should We Care About Religion’s Influence In Music?

by Denham Sadler on 2 October 2013

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/features...e-care-about-religions-influence-in-music.htm
  29. Anonymous Member

What the heck?!? Did that guy just write a fluff-piece in this day and age?

And this is stated unopposed? What's wrong with that man? Has he ever actually listened to any of that crap?
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

Evidently he hasn't, or his ears would still be bleeding so that he would be unable to write this drivel.
    Tell him about it.
    https://twitter.com/denhamsadler
    https://www.facebook.com/denham.sadler
    This picture shows him with the wrong part of his anatomy in the sand
    3b020e6183393f525feb9ea50720d88b.jpeg
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

32. Anonymous Member

Bump. The comment thread is growing. A fight with scientology has started:

pick a fight.jpg
  33. Anonymous Member

That article is despicable. The author has got to be a smelly clam.

Gag.
  34. 340

Grow up.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  35. Boycotting scientologist celebrities will work provided that it is an all inclusive boycott that includes all products of the recently constructed scientology-owned movie studio facility. Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kirstie Alley (has no career now anyway) and many others need to be forced out of Hollywood until they break all tires with scientology.

Katie Holms escaped and took her daughter with her. Cruise was forced to write them both off. This is unhealthy for all involved.

Scientology has been convicted of fraud in France and other countries. It must be stopped. Everybody who works in Rehabilitation Project Force needs to spend life in prison.

BOYCOT SCIENTOLOGY UNTIL IT FALLS!
  36. That would mean they are making money. This is not acceptable. Hollywood needs to avoid actors with ties to the fraud cult of scientology.

It's better for these celebrities to have start selling off their properties and face eventual poverty.
  37. You're obviously a brainwashed scientologist. You need to seek professional help. Don't believe the lies you've been told. You can leave a normal life without the cult.
  38. Oh look ... another brainwashed scientology cult member. You're probably a guardian's office staffer who works 17 hours a day for about .40 cents per hour. You need to get help.

How many people have died because of your cult? Think it over!
  39. I agree... it is a slow process but it WILL work. Fraud-n-tology was invented by man who was a known liar and a paranoid schizophrenic. NOTHING this cult says is the truth. BOYCOT THEM UNTIL THEY FALL!