Customize

'brass balls' Baca is Back. He's After Narconon This Time

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by another123, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Xenu Is Lord Member

The balls are big with this one!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. anon walker Moderator

This cow has claws!
  3. RightOn Member

these reports are so wonderful
    Are the parents who were interviewed going to sue? Or did I miss it?
  4. Missfit Member

I'm sorry but within the first 2 minutes of that second part they say "sweating out aliens" which we know isn't the truth. It's a stupid fucking line like that that the cult can spin to their advantage and frankly, has no business being uttered in this context. Don't get me wrong, awesome story and coverage, but I'm sick and fucking tired of seeing stupid shit like this thrown in the mix that just lessens the credibility of the reporting. It's not just this story, it's every story, it needs to stop. the con is sensational enough on it's own merits let alone having to "boost" the crazy factor.

Carry on.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

From Facebook:

Tony Ortega shared a link.

Once again, our tipsters come through. Today we received this rather stunning notice that LA Sheriff Lee Baca will be helping Scientology distribute copies of L. Ron Hubbard's 1980 booklet of anodyne life advice, "The Way to Happiness." What a weird mashup of Scientology, Nation of Islam, and LA officialdom it's going to be!

LA’s Sheriff Lee Baca Handing Out Scientology Booklets This Sunday? | ortegaunderground

http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/sheriff-lee-baca-handing-out-scientology-booklets/
    • Like Like x 2
  6. wolfbane Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. anon walker Moderator

Also, no relation. We checked.
  8. Incredulicide Member

Are you imagining what I'm imagining? Nathan Baca interviewing Lee Baca .......
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

10. RightOn Member

can not stand this dweeb. He needs to be booted out of his position. Seperation of church and state much Baca?
    I mean LEE Baca
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The awesomest part is that back in 2008, Baca was genuinely brave for touching a scilon story. Today, he´s just doing a really good job as an investigative reporter.

The fear is truly gone, so someone tell Bill O´Really? that Scientology wont sue him anymore, no matter what he says on the air....

Tell me when to get the popcorn
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 5
  13. Anonymous Member

Gordon Freeman? Is that^ you? ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Anonymous Member

15. DeathHamster Member

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/21926312/i-team-bill-allow-inspectors-scientology-run-center
    • Like Like x 7
  16. RightOn Member

open 'em up and take a BIG long looky-loo!
    I just hope who ever is looking doesn't come away with padded pockets
    • Like Like x 3
  17. wolfbane Member

By way of comparison with the pending legislation in Oklahoma...

The Arrowhead facility exploited a loophole to avoid regulation by the State Mental Health board via auxiliary certification programs that were accepted in lieu of State certification and licensing for non-medical rehab programs.

The Rainbow Canyon facility, apparently, doesn't have to dance around a third-party accreditation loophole at this time. Currently - Nevada only enforces certification/licensing requirements if a facility receives government funding for people convicted of drug/alcohol offenses and get sentenced to rehab as first time offenders.

So prior to this bill, the same-old scam was happening in Nevada: the facility wasn't skimming people sentenced in their own state in order to avoid state inspections for certification. But they were getting people from out-of-state that were sentenced to treatment programs and due to crossing state lines - nobody was the wiser that Rainbow Canyon was un-regulated.

Similar examples of this we've seen before is Florida convictions being sent to Narconon Georgia while Georgia convictions were sent to Narconon Michigan. And of course the hook is the false success rates where parents get conned into sending their kids to these out of state facilities.

Positives I see in this bill: "civil protective custody" doesn't have anything to do with criminal convictions within the state of Nevada only. Anybody entering a rehab, be it voluntary or by a conviction in any state, is considered to be in "civil protective custody" which is what the Health division is tasked with regulating. And they recognize this is significant workload such that they are bouncing the authority for managing certification/regulation to the Health division of the parent state agency who previously managed it in limited fashion.

Also, they are limiting who gets grandfathered in as being "certified" to facilities that were previously certified by the state's Mental Health commission (only!) such that their current certification will still be valid as of October 1, 2013. So facilities currently on the up-and-up won't be burdened here with new regulation wrinkles, but uncertified facilities like Narconon have to conform to the new regs by October of this year.

Negatives I see in this bill: Section 1 requirements (on page2) for certification is *possibly* introducing the same loophole Oklahoma had where a third-party certification program could be exploited to meet the state requirements.

^^We need moar info on what "nationally recognized accreditation" organizations are approved, and/or how they get approved, for possible harpooning on that front. And we need to make sure the program administrators of the Health Division are well aware of what Narconon has done in other states to cheat their way into obtaining third-party certifications for former students turned counselors.
    • Like Like x 9
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Nevada Legislature Attempting to Get Oversight of Narconon Facility, Nathan Baca Reports

By Tony Ortega

Excerpt:

Baca told us that once the bill becomes law, Rainbow Canyon could only exempt itself from inspection if it claimed to be a faith-based program.

We told him we think that’s unlikely. One of Narconon’s key business practices is to hide its connection to the Church of Scientology. We don’t see it changing that just to escape some oversight by government regulators.

We’ll rely on Baca to keep an eye on whether Senate Bill 501 becomes law.

The full article with with open comments is at
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/10/br...news-in-france-our-man-in-paris-explains-why/
    • Like Like x 7
  19. BigBeard Member

A marked up version of SB 501 showing the 'before and after' changes is available at:

http://openstates.org/nv/bills/77/SB501/documents/NVD00011866/

While it may be open to the OK scam on certification, overall I don't think narCONon or DM are going to be very happy with these changes. Especially so if that 'Nationally Recognized Accreditation Organization' list doesn't include CARF or PITA.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 5
  20. RightOn Member

making progress inch by inch
    Narconon will be in a pinch!
    • Like Like x 4
  21. DeathHamster Member

All they have to do is check the kitchen (without giving them time to prepare).
    • Like Like x 5
  22. Quentinanon Member

Scientology and its front groups dread government inspections and regulation. Sunshine disinfects.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. wolfbane Member

Target(s) acquired:

Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
    http://dhhs.nv.gov/
    4126 Technology Way, Room 100
    Carson City, NV 89706-2009
    E-Mail Us!

Nevada State Health Division
    http://health.nv.gov/
    General Information:
    Normal Hours Phone Number: (775) 684-4200

Oh look. Makes sense they're giving rehab licensing to this division...
    [IMG]
    Unlicensed Healthcare (click here)

They also have a a few handy listserv e-mail lists that look relevant to Narconon-related interests that can be subscribed to here: http://health.nv.gov/Health_Listservs.htm
    • Like Like x 5
  24. BigBeard Member

I do believe state governments, some at least, are starting to figure out they need to fix things regarding narCONon before they get dragged into muliple law suits due to their lack of oversight.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 5
  25. anon walker Moderator

• Like Like x 4
  26. DeathHamster Member

Sort like how local cats and raccoons occasionally do their business in our front garden?
    • Like Like x 5

27. Birthday Celebration: 2009 @ :57 In the name of salvation, Narconon............(Secular? Right!)

Aaaaaahhh, the Golden age and legacy of LRH and planetary expansion......

DM chokes on his exlosive expansion stats at the end, wow embellishment taken to never before seen heights in this or any other eternity.......
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  28. tigeratbay Member

Liars, lying lies. Good one. They say Total Freedom and in truth it's TOTAL TRAP!
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Quentinanon Member

I had forgotten how fake and horrible scientology event videos were. Jeff Pomerantz comes across like a 1960's - 1970's television game show announcer. Perhaps he modeled himself off of Charles Lyon from Truth or Consequences.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. DeathHamster Member

Every time I see a CoS video with the animated arrows, I think of Starcraft (0:36)

• Like Like x 3
  31. RightOn Member

AND the saunas and bathrooms
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Quentinanon Member

LOL. I was waiting for the announcer to namedrop Captain Bill Robertson's alias, Astar Parmijian, and the heroic exploits of the Galactic Patrol.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. DeathHamster Member

Parmijian? That's a pretty cheesy name!
    • Like Like x 6
  34. Quentinanon Member

No, he's an intergalactic Armenian.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  36. wolfbane Member

37. The Wrong Guy Member

This was published today. Quote:

Sinclair-owned ABC affiliate WJLA Washington (DMA 7) is added veteran investigative reporter Nathan Baca to its 7 On Your Side team as government waste investigator beginning Monday, June 19.

The Emmy Award-winning journalist makes the move from WBNS Columbus, Ohio, where Baca’s reporting has resulted in government policy changes, grand jury investigations and several criminal arrests.

Baca’s investigative work has placed him at the center of some of the nation’s biggest stories, including connecting a 1981 triple murder cold-case with weapons manufacturing deals between California Indian tribes, security contractors, leading to the first arrest 28 years later.

Baca received a national DuPont Columbia Silver Baton Award in 2012 for his reporting on the Las Vegas foreclosure crisis. And his 11-part series, Scientology vs. Anonymous gained worldwide attention with the first on-camera acknowledgement by a Scientology official of the church's confidential origin theology.

More: http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/104751/wjla-hires-e-investigative-reporter-nathan-baca?nocookies
    • Like Like x 4