Customize

BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by xenubarb, Jan 6, 2009.

1. xenubarb Member

BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

Passed.
    The urgent version was passed just now. Ordinance 888 was approved in a 5-0 vote of the Board of Supervisors.
  2. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  3. Anon_1HG Member

Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

I was facepalming most of the way through AO's speech, ranting about scilons being anti-medication at a board meeting about protesting.

He was a bit more effective later when bringing up the fact that protesters need to know exactly where it is legal to protest. Although I did facepalm again when he said this was no longer a hobby and that he was at this full time and threatened them with lawsuits and questioning how much they had in the budget to fight this.

Graham and AGP were pretty good. I liked how AGP showed pictures of the spikes facing inward and the speakers they use to "Drown out cries of XENU". LOL
  4. Anon1720 Member

Well that sucks.

Time to picket in town. From what I've read most residents think scientologists are screwy - lets make sure they really know what scientologists have been up to and what their tax dollars are paying for.
  5. A.Non Hubbard Member

Fuckin' AO fails again.
  6. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

Fight this legally, bring it up to the next level. Contact your state reps about this and make them listen. It violates the 1st Amendment.
  7. Haruhi Member

Don't mind me, I'm just facepalming in the corner.
  8. MellowDee Member

AO was the only speaker I saw, and it was full of fail. I'll have to go back into the archives later and see what everyone else said. I think my eyes almost popped out of my head from rolling them so hard when that stone guy was going off about freedom of "religion". Pffft.
  9. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

I have never facepalm'd so hard over anyone. GG, AO.
  10. auchraw Member

Funny that every time there is epic fail there is an egofag in the way. To mention no names but think around a bit.

There is more than one way of skinning a C*T if the pussies will forgive me.
  11. pooks Member

I always thought it was a good idea to protest in the town. Scn is always concerned with their PR, especially with the locals. They would be really upset if protests happened in town.

Picketing in town and passing out information about Scientology to the locals has so many more pluses.

1. Scn could not stop or harass people if protest was done in town.
    2. Locals could get information on what is going on at Gold from Anonymous.
    3. Anonymous could openly talk to locals who could tell stories about
    what they have seen or heard about Gold.

I'm sure there are many more pluses. Fuck Gold base. Go in town and educate and share information with the locals. That will be much more effective.
  12. Skeptic1337 Member

So was there a money shot?

Any red meat?
  13. A.Non Hubbard Member

Yeah, AO said that was available. And he is such an impeachable source.
  14. basil Member

Is there an Org in Hemet? Would the same distance rule apply from there as well?

As someone else pointed, it seems fairly unconstitutional, and a quick search on the ACLU site brings up "The First Amendment protects the right to free speech, but that right is undermined if protesters can't be heard" - that would presumably cover both distance and those huge-ass speakers.

So Gold Base is now a residential area? When is the first partyvan going in to check every single local ordinance for violations, starting at the walls for height, material, the razor wire, and other extreme security measures that are probably more comprehensive than the White House.
  15. amaX Member

^This.... unless the only people going into town to protest are the EFB. If that's the case, don't bother.
  16. Top Grunge Member

Actually, are they making the claim about residential yet?

Its like, a college has residences in dorms. So I go protest the war in Iraq in front of the ROTC building a far way from any dorm. But because its all on 1 school property I can't? So with this ordinance there could be zero protests anywhere on a college campus that contains somewhere on its grounds dorms?
  17. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

Okay, here's what you do. TALK TO YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT! Not just the council, the state representatives in your area. Do it do it do it. You will have more luck with State reps than anything, but hit up mayors and your governor too. And the local office of your federal rep.

Also, give me all your information, Graham Berry's stuff, your evidence and the history of problems with the council, and whatever federal representative is from that area and we will go see him/her in Washington while you go visit his/her local office there.
  18. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

Does anyone here have access to the 53 page volume on which Mr Stone of the RR co has based his assumptions ? I,mglib on OCMB has said such text is in Stones hands.
  19. Skeptic1337 Member

It's in a thread some where around here...
  20. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

If this could be forwarded to me, i would greatly appreciate it. If Mr.Stone is calling myself or anyone else a member of a HATE group, i would like to explore those accusations in a court of law.
  21. Optimisticate Member

It seems to me that there is no way in hell a 5 member "council" can undermine THE F***ING FIRST AMENDMENT. I mean, it's only been in place since, what, the 1700's? Gosh, were we wrong this whole time?

The MoralConstitutionalRightsFag in me is raging. MY freedom of speech has not been diminished, however, and I don't plan on shutting up about this with my elected officials. I don't care that I'm in a different state. Our constitution has been compromised by a cult and it's paid-off cronies. That's everyone's problem.
  22. anoninoob Member

Time to 'poon the planning commission. Building permits, zoning violations, building inspectors. Time to 'poon the Fire Dept. too. Fire inspections, maximum occupancy limits, sprinkler systems, fire alarms. Oh, and 'poon the health department while we're at it, time to inspect that cafeteria.

So much 'poonage potential, so much footbulletry.
  23. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

I agree with you totally here.
  24. Haruhi Member

25. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

ling to video?

someguynameddavid: search "OSA 53" opn the forums for dox.
  26. Anon3Mouse Member

AO was a huge fucking failure?

I am shocked and amazed at this.
  27. anoninoob Member

Heh, ya know, 30 seconds after posting this, I'll bet that every RPFer just got mustered to scrub the kitchen at gold, and check the sprinklers and fire alarms :)
  28. Mutante Member

This is win. It forces protesting in front of the public.

I know some anons are primarily in this to 'free' their fellow ex-Scientologists, and I understand that very much, but I believe protests are most effective at inoculating future potential cult victims.

Influencing the public cuts off a big chunk of new revenue and by shaping popular opinion we increase the probability of dismantling the 'church' in its current form.
  29. Top Grunge Member

if you protest where public sees you might want to throw Stone in with em. Just saying.
  30. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

I personally wouldn't say the Riverside co supervisors are a bunch of paid off cult cronies. If that was the case DOX would be needed. As Mr.Stone is the district supervisor in which Golden Era Productions compound is located, would this not be some type of conflict of interest here. Mr.Stone insigated the ordnance, did he not? Something about the seperation of church and state comes to mind. Who is being served here by this 888 deal? The citizenry of Riverside or the cult? Obvious Is very obvious.
  31. Whanonstler Member

^^ This.

Was the retarded chimp stuck in traffic and AO had to go on?
  32. AnonKiwi Member

I am not shocked and amazed AO was a huge fucking failure. You would think the first ammendment would be easy to argue for. It's lasted pretty well for a while now.

If you were Riverside wouldn't you want to keep the guy 300 feet away?
  33. Optimisticate Member

Very true! Some research is due on this, but I gotta get some work done first :) Will post any findings later. Maybe need to assemble a Poon Squadron.
  34. Mudkipper Member

Aww, fuck. I can't believe they've done this.
  35. Forseti Member

This amazes me. This could be overturned. The county board of supervisors cannot do this. This ordinance violates the 1st amendment. As long as you are on public property, you have the right to peacefully protest.

I wonder if the ACLU would be willing to pick this up?

EDIT: It would also be worth looking into whether or not Co$ donated to the board of supervisor's campaigns and publicly endorsed each supervisor.

EDIT AGAIN: Fucking AO! I swear that guy has OCD. Everytime he starts talking about something, he rambles on like a crazy-man. Too bad Graham Berry was not in town. He would have made a major impact.
  36. Anon3Mouse Member

AnonKiwi missed blatant sarcasm?

I am shocked and amazed at this too.
  37. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

Gah this fucking failed on all levels.

Moxon was there though. He's more pathetic in real life then he is on video.
  38. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

What bothers me here, is if i was on the supervisors board in Riverside, i would be worried that i had the next Waco Tx in my back yard. This has to have gone through these gentlemen,s minds @ some point.
  39. terdfergason Member

Obvious First Amendment Violation is Obvious.
  40. themadhair Member