Customize

Breaking the cult mentality of Marty's new cult

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Breaking the cult mentality of Marty's new cult

With the last few posts by Marty it has now become clear to me, that he is creating a new cult.

I think that it is impossible to change Marty’s opinions and that it is futile and a waste of time trying to do this.

What i consider to be more important is to allow all the other “independents” and especially those Scientologists who are now leaving the cult access to the full information and to encourage them to engage in open discussion about Scientology and its history and let them see other viewpoints on the matter than just Marty's simple minded "DM is the 'why'" black and white propaganda.

We must prevent the situation that those who now leave the cult fall into the next trap with Marty’s cult, who discourages them from waking up to the full truth about Scientology.Only the complete picture and full transparency will set them free.

It seems to me that many of them are afraid to look for themselves, what other positions and documented facts there are about Scientology and that they somehow only cling to Marty’s blog and don’t go onto other sites to look at the information provided there. Marty himself discourages them to go to other forums such as WWP , ESMB and OCMB, by calling these boards “natter boards” and degrades the people, who post there to “victims” and “haters”.

Marty claims in his newest posting that he doesn’t want to be a leader and yet he acts as a leader, because his blog is the main communication hub for the indies, where he has the full control over the communication and can determine the topic of discussion by his initial posting.
    If Marty didn't actually want to be a leader he would encourage open discussion on a real forum, instead of his own blog.

What i propose is to promote other sites and forums to the indies, such as Geir Isene’s scientology forum The Scientology Forum: Welcome to the forum , where the communication is not controlled by Marty. Jeff Hawkins blog Leaving Scientology is also a good one, but it is not a forum. Geir’s forum is still “save” for newly out Scientologists, because confidential material that newly out Scientologists maybe are afraid to be exposed at, is censored. Other then that no communication, except for personal insults, is censored and critical discussion of Scientology is encouraged.
    That can be a first step to fully waking up.

Marty's blog does not really help anyone, because it keeps people trapped in their cult mentality and implants the false idea in them that the DM is the only reason for Scientology being a cult.
    People need to understand that Marty is not special. Marty is not the new “saviour”. Marty doesn’t have the answers and in fact he is not needed to bring down the cult and free the slaves.

There are many many whistleblowers, who had much more courage than him and already spoke out 20 years ago and earlier about the same kind of abuses that he now speaks out, although he doesn’t even reveal the full truth, but merely reiterates criticisms of DM that others such as Marc Headly, Jesse Prince, Larry Brennan have said years before him.
    Here is a list of over 1000 ex-CoS-members who have spoken out before him:
    Former Church of Scientology members who have spoken out - Why We Protest Wiki

We somehow have to get them away from using only his blog as a communication medium and encourage them to seek open communication channels, where they also have to confront the opinions of "wogs".
    Marty’s blog encourages group-think, closed-mindedness and delusional elitist thinking, which excludes the “wog world” and now with his new posting demonizes even Scientologists, who are still in and supportive of the IAS. It is exactly this kind of mentality that is the breeding ground of a cult.

Only with transparency and uncensored communication can we break this cult mentality.
    Just attacking Marty won’t do it. It will only reinforce them in their group think.
    We must promote open communication instead and ignore Marty.
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

Re: Breaking the cult mentality of Marty's new cult

What can we do to pressure Marty into going to the FBI to spill his guts?
  4. Scatman Member

Mark Rathbun does the same kind of stuff that Hubbard did: Critical statements constitute "natter" and "hate". A complaint only comes from a "victim".
    Hubbard's purpose in that was to suppress critical thinking and free speech, so he could control his totalitarian cult.
    Mark has neither psychologically or sociologically recovered from his scientology indoctrination. Remember, he came from the hardcore of organized scientology. Most of those people have stuck themselves firmly in that cult member identity.
  5. Anonymous Member

Take away his cult enabling powerbase. Break the cult mentality of his followers, which support everything he does and don't question his authority.
    Enable their critical thinking skills, so that they themselves begin to question him instead of just sucking up everything he says.
  6. Skeptic1337 Member

Here you want to break his cult apart?

Keep putting up all the scientology bullshit where it's easily searchable and downloadable.

No one wants to run a ufo cult when you can download all the ufo seekrits for free. No money in it.

Those that are too stupid to recognize the scam for what it is deserve to be fleeced.
  7. Anonymous Member

But please drop the false idea that only Marty could bring down the cult.
    He can't and he has no intention to. He claims that the cult is already dead and now he just wants to build a new cult.
  8. Scatman Member

modified
  9. Anonymoosh Member

^^THIS^^

It has become increasingly obvious in his blog postings, Since I came back after a long break, its taken me ages to catch up, on here and the other sites, and having read MR's blog through from day 1 to end in one fell swoop, the progression was really easy to see.

As far as I can see, he NEVER had any intention of going to the authorities unless its to help himself become the new leader, whether that be a take over, or destruction of the Co$ as it stands and setting up his own branch to take over.

By sucking in all the indies and freezoners that he has, he has effectively neutralized them and any effect they may have been having on the Co$, any action is now only at his direction.
    I cant tell others on here what to think or do, nor should anyone listen to me, but I believe 'we' could be easily sidetracked if we continue to try and convert/trust/pay any attention or waste any time on the issue of Marty Rathbun.

If anything he does helps our cause all well and good, but it wont be because he wants to help us, it will just be to get rid of DM, and I believe when DM goes, Marty will be the new target we have to contend with.

Inb4someonesezyoucanterradicateideas.
  10. another123 Member

11. BigBeard Member

Marty's groupies will figure it out when DM goes away and nothing changes.

BigBeard
  12. Anonymous Member

^^^This

Why waste time on a bunch of blog posters? Marty has shown the ugly sides of Scientology in some of his blog posts:
    example: MISCAVIGE MELTDOWN | Moving On Up a Little Higher

He may blame DM for all the bad parts of Scientology. Still he and his yes-men/women are hardly worth the time and effort.
  13. JohnnyRUClear Member

Go ahead.

Yeah, pretty much. Time will teach what we can't/don't.
  14. Squirrel King Member

From what I've read it seems like he has information which can destroy the Church of Scientology, but is unwilling to release it. Two explanations fit: Protect his own skin. or Take over the Church.

It is but how you deliver that message is very important. These people have been manipulated for years and to suddenly be adrift is society is a very scary prospect for many. (Much like those soldiers used to being armed to the teeth now walk unarmed through the streets.)

What makes you think Marty is not as afraid of the outside as they are? Remember he has been living in an alternative reality where rule of the general society do not apply. "Wog" society has to be very frightening for one who spent so much time in that mental prison.

Marty's Blog doesn't even help Marty. In many cases his blog continues to hurt his mental and emotional development. It is very painful to read. Like reading someone with an addiction writing about "how they can handle it" and watching them fail. You feel for the guy, but also feel you must distance yourself from him or he'll drag you down as well. He doesn't know where he is or that he is still fully under the spell of a harmful belief system.

Marty needs to know this as well. Because of his past he can never be the "hero savior" for any group, he is too tainted. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell him this, he has to figure it out on his own.

I don't think ignoring him is the answer, but keeping him at a safe distance.
  15. Anonymous Member

Guys stop making these threads. There is no mystery about Marty. He's made it very clear what his intentions are. He wants to save humanity- he's a true believer. Shit went down within the CoS that he couldn't reconcile with his understanding of scientology so he identified the fallable, human leadership of the Church as the problem thereby protecting his idea of the Tech as infallible transcendent Truth.

Marty wants to save Scientology- to purify it. For him, the Church of Scientology is illegitimate and has failed to be a proper caretaker of LRH's legacy to humanity and will not be able to clear the planet. So he wants people to leave The Church of Scientology and come to his group so that they can practice the pure tech and save humanity. If this sounds familiar it should- it happens in almost every religious movement eventually. Anyways, continue.
  16. xenubarb Member

I would start with a roll of cling wrap and take it from there...
  17. JohnnyRUClear Member

:)
  18. EyeOnSci Member

LOL.

Yep, Marty is a wonderful example of brainwashing for life.

A traumatic experience needs to jolt him out of it.

The trauma of DM's abuses were one trauma that got him physically out of the cult, but, due to the extreme conditioning, more trauma is needed to finally jolt him out of the mental chains that bind him.

The latter may never happen, since Marty continues to condition himself to the cult belief system via continued use of the language and practices of the cult.

The same goes to all of the exes who follow and flock to his company.

Sad, really.

Maybe DM will slip up in his dead agenting of MR and MR or visa versa, and then the feds will step in and prosecute them all.

Life can be stranger than fiction. We can only hope.
  19. Anonymous Member

Yes. And there's not much anyone can do to stop people from believing what they will believe. Just stay on task--keep informing people about Hubbard and the abuses, and debunk what's debunkable. Try to weaken CoS financially. Most publicity is good publicity, so I don't think it's useful to start thread after thread about a particular person unless you're contributing new information.
  20. xenubarb Member

Seriously, I could help him with that. I could traumatize that self important fuck in ways he can't even imagine.
  21. Anonymoosh Member

I'd pay to watch that!
  22. xenubarb Member

And I'd charge to let you! (please note, first row better bring plastic sheeting and umbrellas)
  23. Anonymoosh Member

We have an accord.

I'll even supply the tarp for disposal afterwards.
  24. Random guy Member

About bloody time someone said that!

I can not do anything for Marty or the "indies". My enemy is the CoS, Marty is far, far down on my list of priority.
  25. Anonymous Member

Who knows? Even if Marty knows the truth about Hubbard, which I'm sure he does, he's going to be more effective at getting people out of Little Davey's grasp by pretending to remain loyal to Hubbard for the time being.

It's unfortunate that Scientologists don't see that they basically become more arrogant, self-centred and deluded the further they progress up their "bridge".. but as long as they're not forcing abortions, breaking up families and abusing people, like LRH did and Little Davey does, then it's their problem.
  26. Anonymous Member

I vote we put in on Pay-Per-View.

Then the chopicest bits can be turned into animated .gifs to use as Shock Site material, turning the Power Five into the Power Six
  27. mirele Member

Do you need money to do this?
  28. Anonymous Member

Come on Barb. You despise that asshole as much as we do.
  29. Re: Breaking the cult mentality of Marty's new cult

Not gonna happen. He still sees the FBI as the enemy, a part of the system out to suppress Scientology. About the only thing that could make him tell all is if he had to cut a deal to save his hide because they had something indictable on him. Otherwise he's only saying just enough to get DM ousted & even that only if it leaves the cult's intellectual property intact & out of the control of the government. Any move he makes has to be done with ownership or control of the Tech as the ultimate objective.
  30. Anonymous Member

You tried that with Anon Orange and all it got you was a marriage proposal.. in Russian.
  31. Rockyj Member

Me like!
  32. Rockyj Member

Good point but how when they are obviously mindless kiss ass little sheepy?
  33. Rockyj Member

After giving this more thought all I can say is what they say about helping an addict that abuses drugs that in order for a addict to reach the point & realization that substance abusing is no longer working for them the addict needs to receive some sort of acknowledgment from several unrelated individuals re: their addiction (s) & as a result causing a negative impact in their lives.
    For example: A mother, wife, brother, sister, best friend, or clergy, law enforcement, doctor or job confronts them at different times during during this process & with examples of how their addiction has effected their lives.
    FOR EXAMPLE: A best friend ends his/her relationship with addict because they can no longer stand witnessing the addicts self destructive behaviors.
    Or addict gets arrested for drunk driving or disorderly conduct,
    or boss confronts addict for missing so much work
    or wife/husband confronts addict because they are tired of covering for addict’s ass for missing work, etc.

Similar to ex brainwashed cult members its obvious it doesn't happen over night AND sadly even Tory Magoo & Nancy Many appear to get sucked backed in to Marty’s BS.
    However, I’m not sure if it would be in WWP’s best interest to try to help these lost souls.
    AS for me I am more concern about preventing YOUNG, NAIVE & UNEDUCATED PEOPLE from getting sucked in to this very dangerous cult BECAUSE frankly any educated person who has access to the internet & is STILL SO stupid to get sucked into this cult THEY deserve to be duped!
    PLUS I ONLY care about the exes & current members who had no choice & were raised in this fucken cult AND I don’t REALLY give a RATS ASS bout Marty or his idiotic brainwashed followers!
  34. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yessiree!
    Its the only life he really knows, now whether he is doing his schtick knowing its all a sham, or really, really sucked into the LRH mind-fuck, is another question. Regardless, the 'us against the wog world of SP's' seems to be alive and well in his narrow mind.
    Personally I think he's just the same ol' psychic vampire-type sucking the marrow from the bones of the well intentioned using a pile of bullshit 'tech' to dazzle the easily stupified.
    Welcome to the cult of Mahtey *puke*.
  35. BigBeard Member

Considering the level of respect for Marty around here (about as much as a zero without a rim), how the heck did we end up with a MMR Situation Room on WWP???

BigBeard
  36. xenubarb Member

It hadn't occurred to me until someone mentioned PPV. Then I was overcome by fits of greed and visions of bling.
  37. xenubarb Member

Is that what that was? I thought he was telling me by bike was being towed, but I don't speak Russian.
  38. Anonymous Member

Adding the prefix "independent" doesn't make one any less gullible.

The Scientologists, independent or otherwise, have been thrown not only a life line but a big fat freaking life Nets.

Save yourself or drown, I've done all I can do to help.
  39. Anonymous Member

Every biologist knows you can learn a lot about an animal from its feces and the big rat has highlighted a domain where it keeps shitting.
  40. Anonymous Member

The irony of the soap-on-a-rope, slippery slope. OP, you are advocating what you are protesting, do you see?

Gawd, seems more threads and posts on Marty that on his own site. I'd say let's just let it go. Keep an eye out yes, but let's not feed the beast.

If it must, must continue, why not make it actually useful. How about charging a fee, $10 for a Marty Thread OP, $1 for a post, and scoop it up for legal funds for Anon Legal Fund.