Customize

Britain to Ban SMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Cameron says he's considering giving police new powers. This is a direct quote from the AP article:

"Cameron said authorities were considering new powers, including allowing police to order thugs to remove masks or hoods, evicting troublemakers from subsidized housing and temporarily disabling cell phone instant messaging services."

full article at http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index...-fear-on-uks/640455d3185c4bf4b576c8517bd1a4d8

I agreed before that Britain wasnt our buissness, but imo this changes that.
  2. Anonymous Member

No. Of course not.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. WhiteNight Member

4. Anonymous Member

So... no more GF masks in GB? The irony...
  5. Anonymous Member

No, not that either.

The police already have legal powers to instruct UKAnons to remove their masks. Cops choose not to use them.

What's being proposed is an extension to those powers which would make them active over more than a single location.
  6. Anonymous Member

ah, OK, tanks :)
  7. Anonymous Member

Willkommen.
  8. wolfyrik Member

I don't think it will be an issue for us. I'm not sure there are many police who side with the cult and they have to have "reason to suspect". My impression is that it would be, at worst, another ENG affair.

In theory the police shouldn't bother anyone unless Anon behavior is threatening, which so far it has never been.
  9. DeathHamster Member

Perhaps Cameron should check to see if the government actually has the power to block SMS first?

Normally censorship measures like that are only enabled by special wartime legislation. (I'm sure that they probably still have one on the books that they forgot to cancel but then he'd better cite which musty law he's using.)
  10. AIN Member

So, the brits verision of the patriot act