Customize

Cabinet Voting News From The Parliament

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Visionary, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Nedjarsan Member

and then look at this:

0808 GMT: Bad-Taste Parliamentary Comment of Day. One member of Parliament “joked” to a colleague, “If you say the confidence vote was rigged, we’ll take you to Kahrizak [Prison, where a number of detainees have died]!” State television quickly cut the nearby microphone off.

0805 GMT: Ayande News has published more details of the purported letter from the Supreme Leader calling on members of Parliament to give a full vote of confidence in the Ahmadinejad Cabinet: Khamenei declared his desire for a Yes vote to all of the President’s selections, but this was not an obligation for MPs.

see... they will never change and i told you before... over and over and over again.
    The change will have to come from the people not from non-democratic leaders.
    Fasten your seatbelts for the non-stop flight to dictatorship.
  2. Visionary Member

I think he was quoting me. :p
    But yeah, I actually saw after I typed that,
    some people on twitter posted numbers of undecided votes as well.
    Which I guess explains the weird numbers.
    I have no idea though if the undecided numbers are normal or not.
    (so I can't tell from the numbers alone if there were any suspicious activities behind them)
  3. Visionary Member

Iran parliament approves most Ahmadinejad ministers | International | Reuters
    Damn.
  4. Nedjarsan Member

exactly like i posted days before about dictatorships handling "elections" the undecided votes will be partially counted as "Yes".

once again the results are aquired very fast after the election...
    count on that:

21 Ministers and over 200 votes

that makes over 4000 ballots...

lets give the counters 4 seconds per ballot that makes 16.000 seconds.

that will come up to around 4 hours.

...hmmmm

the giving up of the votes started about 2 hours ago

correct me if my thoughts are wrong.

And: have the votes been counted infront of the Majli openly ?

... believing in independent (not influenced by pressure in any way) elections with a system installed like in Iran is like believing that gravity does not exist.
  5. Visionary Member

The Latest from Iran (3 September): Ahmadinejad Gets His Cabinet | Enduring America
  6. Visionary Member

Majlis endorses 18 ministers, one woman

7. Very sad that even one who faked his credentials (Daneshjoo) passed the election. My hope of a free (or even more free) Iran fades with every new revelation, with every new day. As time passes, and the watchers fade out, Amadi will crack the whip and Iran will become more fascist and less free.

Tears fall as I write. The future seems bleak.

Neda, Fayah, reach back with your souls and make Iran fight for you...
  8. This is war.
  9. No, this is not. In a war, two sides fight. In this "war", only the regime is fighting. The SoG is sittibg back, writing letters of condemnation, creating politcal fronts as coup plotters consolidate their power, stomp out the movement, and get stronger day by day.

I feel very sad just like Unreg #54.

Maybe we are not ready yet. Maybe we don't have the courage to do this yet. We keep waiting for someone to do something. No one will. Either we do it or no change will take place.
  10. You misunderstand. This is a call to war. Them, they just lead everyone on and call them suckers. They even joke and mock people in the cabinet while the voting is taking place:

Talk, sitting back and watching, all a waste of time.
  11. Visionary Member

And in time they'll probably be replaced with people who the regime can count on.:(

I think the people will have to give up on the Majlis under the current regime.
    It's up to the people themselves now to turn Iran around, before the regime takes them so far down the path that it would take a miracle to come back from it.
  12. OK, I see what you are saying now. We are on the same page. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I keep asking my friends "what is it going to take for you to say enough is enough?" And they can not come up with a concrete answer. They keep hoping something will happen. A few years ago, I was in the same boat, but after the election rigging, the killings, the arrests, the torutres, the rapes, I am angry as hell. What else does this demonic evil regime have to do for us Iranians to stand up and say "No More! This Ends Today!" Yes, a lot of people will die, but a lot will do if we do nothing.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing!

JohnDoe, in response to your post above: So What? He still got his cabinet approved, he met his objectives, and the reformists looked just a bit weaker. The depressing thing is that there was all of this talk about how his cabinet was not going to get approved, he was not going to get the vote of confidence, that would lead to re-elections, etc. None of these predictions came true. Larrajani has not been able to do sh*t. Mousavi is in hiding. Khatami is not going to give that speech he has given for the past 12 years. When our leaders are acting like cowards, how do you expect us mere mortal citizan of Iran to feel and think?

Even in India's fight for freedome which was Civil Disobediance, a lot of people got hurt. We either have to take that route, or a more violent route. My vote is that we do civil, peaceful protests until the Basiji's touch a single protester. Then we gang up and beat the hell out of the basiji. Put 50 people on each Basiji. Who do you think will win? After a few days, the Basiji's will refuse to come out because they fear for their lives. As Mahatma Ghandi said "There is no way 100,000 British soilder can stop 300 million Indians."
  13. Ralim Member

But keep in mind that Gandhi himself said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." In fact, the moment we react with excess violence is the moment we have lost.

Even though we have lost this round, we haven't lost the movement. This here is a bummer that may mean that the problem may not be solved as soon as we'd like it to, but it does not by any means mean that the problem will never be solved.

It means that we have to learn and move on from this outcome and look out for the next challenge. Think of this as a test of the limits of our power and their power: it gives us a clearer view of where we stand and where they stand, and will help us formulate better plans and strategies for a free Iran.

In the meantime, violence should never be encouraged: it should only be considered as a last resort used for self-defence.
  14. Visionary Member

I'm not advocating violence and I definitely would rather not see it.
    But on the other hand, if they wait around to be attacked it could be too late to defend themselves.
    The thugs will take the people while they are unprepared and in their sleep.
    Some might think it's better to at the very least go down fighting then to die in the night without a struggle.
    In any case, I won't tell Iranians to use violence, and neither will I tell them they should not.
    To do either would be arrogant of me or anyone not in the midst of this.
    I'll let them judge what is the best method of removing these scum from power.

But I will point out that so far what they've been doing does not seem to be working as well as it was.
    It's been some time since there was a major gathering and the parliament has proven useless.

The only one who's been saying much of lately has been Karroubi, but I haven't heard much from him in the past week or so, especially since they shut his paper down.
    (Khatami makes some comments every now and then, but they don't seem to amount to much. Mostly they're defenses of his own record and the typical comments that most reformists have been making)

In any case it seems like lately every thing we hope will be a blow to the regime turns out to be not much of anything and meanwhile the regime is tightening their grip and more good people are dying or losing the ability to speak out.

I don't know what's going to happen in Iran over the next few months...but I'm scared. (and I'm not even there)
    I know it's still early compared to the 79 revolution, but this is not then and Khamenei and his buddies have had decades to build up their power to what it is now.
    I hope in a few months or so things will look much better.
    But I fear that instead we will keep waiting and waiting for the regime's fall until months become years.
  15. People need to just refuse to cooperate with the regime. They want to control what you say. Refuse. Say whatever you want. They want to control where you can go, who you can talk to, where you can gather. Refuse. Go where you want, speak to who you want, and gather where you want. If they have a problem with people doing these harmless things, people need to defend themselves. And they are completely justified in doing so. No one should just sit and take it when they are being punished for doing nothing wrong. Defense is justified. If you need to gather into larger groups for defense, or arm yourselves, it is justified.