Customize

Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stourton

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by starborgled, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

0000222048.jpg
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Magical![/COLOR][/SIZE]
  2. AnotherSock Member

Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

This shoop is quick and dirty. Just like a fumble with Irina.

clamscastle.jpg
  3. GoogleMappin Member

:eek:
  4. Anonymous Member

After reading all this, I think Tripadvisor really ought to do something before nobody trusts them any more.

Here's what I just posted as a review to MAKE them look at it :)

"I'm not going to try to write a fake negative review about this hotel for the simple reason I don't have to. There are loads of real negative reviews already.

The problem is the 5* ones - and we think you know it.

Just to help you spot the formula: they all talk about how wonderful Mr. John Mappin and his wife Irina are, how wonderful Ted Stourton is.

They always mention how lovely and attentive the staff are. They usually mention that it was SO good, they're already planning to go back.

And - though I suspect they MIGHT just change this now - they usually slip the word 'magical' in there too.

I'm happy for you to not post this / pull this. But I do wish that you would take a close look at the controversy surrounding this hotel and put a stop to their fake reviews. Not only is it making a complete mockery of TripAdvisor, it's ultimately costing people their hard-earned money in return for a grubby experience at the hands of self-professed Scientologists.

I would have thought that 130+ 'terrible' 1* reviews (probably would have been 0* had there even been an option) versus 200 5* 'excellent' reviews would seriously make you sit up and take notice.

Even if it's not making you sit up and take notice, it certainly IS making plenty of others take notice.

Thanks and best wishes"

I think I'll keep posting that regularly.
  5. xenubarb Member

I'm not sure TripAdvisor knows what lies in store for those whose dishonesty has been discovered.
    Exposure is the next step, followed by public humiliation.

If they think they can keep protecting CCH and their own reputation in the face of an online shit storm, they don't know the internets very well.

This is just a skirmish in the bigger battle to take down Scientology. If TripAdvisor wants to protect CCH at the expense of its subscribers, they will go down as collateral damage.
  6. Random guy Member

I think they'll go down anyway. It seems they are skimping on quality control. Without it, such a site will become useless very quickly.
  7. Anonymous Member

Perhaps, but if we can claim credit in helping it on its way then all the better?
  8. Anonymous Member

Old horseface Nicholas Cage did an interview in the Metro paper today and he mentioned that faggot 'castle'.

And aren’t you obsessed with King Arthur?

Yes, so I went to England and I went on something of a grail quest because I got pulled into the subconscious elements of the archetypes of the Arthurian mythologies. I went to Glastonbury and to Tintagel Castle. I went through Merlin’s cave and heard the waves crashing on the rocks. I was told if you’re alone it starts to sound like voices and it did.

Nicolas Cage stars in Sorcerer's Apprentice | Metro.co.uk

For those that don't know, the Metro is kind of a big deal in London, Tintergel will be getting a few google hits out of that article, the timing could not be any better.
  9. Anonymous Member

Tintagel Castle =/= Scamalot Castle Bed and Breakfast.

This pic is used on Wikipedia, and is described as a "view from Tintagel castle". You can see the cultie's pile of bricks and black mold about half a mile away.

Also, our truthful articles are moving up the search rankings nicely. Keep linking, and keep commenting!
  10. xenubarb Member

Isn't "Tintagel Castle" an authentic ruin? Of course he has visited Clamelot Castle Hotel, and people might be misled. Let the Googling begin!
  11. Anonymous Member

Yep.

Tintagel Castle | English Heritage is the real "Castle that could be Camelot", not the Mappin mouldotel.
  12. Anonymous Member

Yeah actually you are right, hopefully it will lead people here anyway.
  13. Alona Member

i must say that Tintagel is really pretty town. i love the views and i totally wanna come back there but of course not as CCH member.
  14. starborgled Member

yeah but those crooks are deliberately passing themselves off (note the search term and the first result) - by deliberately creating a page like this.

That's proper passing off, methinks (add to that their sign in the Gallery in Tintagel).
  15. GoogleMappin Member

Everybody, get on Twitter (if you're not already) and copy the following directly into a tweet.

Code:
    @EnglishHeritage Scientology hotel passing off as 'English Heritage Castle' - http://bit.ly/bXwVYr http://bit.ly/ccvqQM http://bit.ly/btcihi
    I've already done it, and lots more will get English Heritage's attention.

Better start redesigning that website John. Problem is that you won't be able to zap the Google indexes and we've already got it copied. Doh.
  16. AnotherSock Member

They wish.

If it ever existed, Camelot was most likely at Colchester, on the opposite side of the country. Camulodunum is the name that the Romans gave to the ancient settlement that became Colchester. That would have been a little over two thousand years ago.

If there ever was a King Arthur, he never minted any coins, and never came to the attention of the monks who recorded our history during the dark ages. The stories come from around 800 years ago, but they describe events that would have had to have happened at least 600 years before that. Early stories had no Merlin, no Lancelot, no Excalibur, no Guinevere. All are later 'dramatic' additions; in other words, fluff to keep the punters interested. A setting of around 600AD also means that the stories are really set too early for most of the things you see in the films, such as plate armour, jousting, stirrups, chivalry...

Not that Scientology ever had any problem about being, ah, selective with the truth, of course!

Believe what you like, but if you believe in Merlin and co., you might as well believe in Xemu the galactic overlord who Goofed the Floof.
  17. stuwyatt Member

This thread is so full of win. Amazing work Tintaganons! :)
  18. xenubarb Member

Ah, the second link is classic Scilon! Narconon does it too, and I've seen it hundreds of times in Scilon fliers and brochures. They like to pontificate on information borrowed from other, legitimate sites and present it as their own. Thus, this site has a little bit of information on all aspects of the local region, all neatly under the banner of CCH. It's one of Scientology's more annoying traits. Good to see JM is following the tech.
  19. AnotherSock Member

Passing off can easily result in court action, and in this case it's pretty much indefensible. Stupid Scilons clearly don't think that they should have to obey the laws of the "wog world".

There are a few properties in the care of English Heritage that do offer accommodation, and some of them are very nice, unlike the roach-infested Camelot Castle Hotel, Tintagel.

I wonder if we can persuade English Heritage to send them a C&D letter?
  20. Anonymous Member

There's a more amusing example of retaliation when Narconon ripped of a large London-based community forum.

urban75 and Narconon - the ultimate homage! Play 'spot the difference' with what The Register described as 'a wholesale rip-off'
  21. charlie Member

I regulary stay in a B&B thats part of a working stables in the Scottish borders thats in better nick than that place.
  22. Anonymous Member

Clap clap yeehaa!!!!!!!!
  23. AnotherSock Member

The keeper of this blog, TripAdvisorWatch is actively trying to get to the bottom of the fake reviews scam. I think s/he may be a good person to contact, to discuss the Scientologits' bogus promotional activities.

Anybody up for the job? I'm busy putting together a briefing for a politician just now (on other Scilon shenanigans)...
  24. OpThetXVI Member

25. GoogleMappin Member

The funny thing is that John and Ted must think that as long as they put up more fake 5* reviews than genuine 1* reviews, then they've 'won'.

I'll tell you what winning is, in TripAdvisor terms, guys. It's having 200 genuine good reviews and only 1 or 2 terrible reviews. Not 137.

You lose.

BTW - great post on that Urban75 thing and Narconon. What's sad is that all this stuff is exposed and still no governments have the balls to shut these crooks down. Ok, apart from the Aussies.. any others? :)

Anothersock, your 'tripadvisorwatch' link didn't work, so <--- there's the right one :)
  26. RightOn Member

question....
    when the TripAdvisor yanks bad reviews ...
    is the one star rating that people gave along with their review also yanked? Or just the review?
  27. xenubarb Member

Mappin & Company seem to have assumed guardianship of the surrounding area; sending Scientology propaganda to the (probably) mystified locals. Knowing how they operate, is there any doubt that these Scilons are also hitting up local schools to get Narconon lectures and Applied Scholastics tutoring installed?

A council chief from Northumberland recently retired early, and got a 500,000 pound pension. Then, a couple months later, he took another six figure job. Scandal!

Ah, but it's the new job we might be interested in.

Impoverished areas are just the sort of places likely to jump when Scilons offer free drug education and tutoring. This guy's new. He should be brought up to speed before the cult manages to influence him with their glamour and velvet evening coats.
  28. Anonymous Member

Already covered i have the ear of the local schools Govenors and they are up to speed on the issue!
  29. xenubarb Member

<3 Schweet!

I'm just passing on stuff that might prove useful. Glad you're on the case!
  30. Anonymous Member

Thanks anything information wise is welcomed by us here at the coal face, as it where! ;) keep up the digging guys
  31. AnotherSock Member

Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John &amp; Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

magical_clamalot.jpg

/r/ Moar raw material for shoops, please!
  32. Sponge Member

Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John &amp; Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

t9in9w.gif
  33. RightOn Member

Can we turn down yer beds?
  34. AnotherSock Member

(Niiice, Sponge.)

In case you were wondering what's for breakfast at the Camelot Castle B&amp;B, Tintagel...
    tedstourtonboiledegg.jpg
  35. RightOn Member

you forgot the butterflies ^^^^
  36. AnotherSock Member

irinaronbot.jpg
  37. starborgled Member

Hey team - I actually found a real, live Ted Stourton picture out in the real world. The owners of the tastefully furnished 'Camelot Castle On The Lake' holiday apartment in Florida have one on the lounge wall!

All that remains to ask is whether they paid for it, or whether Ted gave 'em one for free...

TedStourton.jpg
  38. AnotherSock Member

FIFY.
    tedsart.jpg
  39. DeathHamster Member

I wonder if there's a Scientology connection, or if Ted is gifting any place with Camelot Castle in the name? (Possibly on condition of a glowing mention of Ted and the infamous Camelot Castle Hotel in Tintagel.)
  40. Alona Member

i have one of ted's paintings. or i had it because i trow it when i left the castle. i was once in his basement and he gave me one for free :) it was ugly with some weird stuff glued to it.