Customize

CCHR at Ontario govt committee on full day kindergarten

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by HellRazor, Jun 30, 2010.

1. HellRazor Member

CCHR at Ontario govt committee on full day kindergarten

Legislative Assembly of Ontario | Committees | Committee Transcripts | Standing Committee on Social Policy - - Bill 242, Full Day Early Learning Statute Law Amendment Act, 2010

TL;DR - CCHR Canada president, Robert Dobson-Smith, makes a presentation to the Ontario government's committee hearings about all-day kindergarten. CCHR thinks it's a bad idea because moar kids will be labelled as having psych problems (ADHD). He hands out CCHR DVD to the MPPs. CCHR admits it does not operate independently from the Church of Scientology.

March 29, 2010

2. AIN Member

Re: CCHR at Ontario govt committee on full day kindergarten

Funny ancedote, my cousin Ashton is the textbook defination of ADHD. Totally hyperkinetic. There was a 1st grade teacher who thought ADD and ADHD was a total myth. After one week with My cousin Ashton, she is a firm believer.
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

Didn't read the article, but from the TL;DR I'd say I'm sympathetic to the objection (about all-day kindergarten likely leading to more psych drugging of kids), despite the objectionable objector. They're culties, but even a broken clock agrees with me twice a day.
  4. RightOn Member

soo....
    longer days=learning disorders?
    mkay
  5. AIN Member

The reason for the rise in ADHD and the like is kinda their point as much as it irks me.
    Kids lack the attention span to focus all day on anything. Hence when they cut recess for test taking, ADD dx rose because kids want to play outside and not be forced to hear a lecture on shit they don't give a fuck about!
  6. Anon1720 Member

I can't believe Marchese fell for this shit.
  7. Anonymous Member

My understanding of the all day kindergarten thing is it is acually half a day of "kindergarten" and half a day of "daycare". I could be wrong though.
  8. Anonymous Member

maybe Marchese was just being polite. Looks like Kevin Flynn called them out for being Scilons. I another committee in 2000, another MPP called out CCHR for being Scilons also.
  9. 3rdMan Member

I agree the all day kindergarten is a poor idea.

I just wish the CCHR would disappear for the betterment of intelligent and legitimate objectors & critics.
  10. Anonymous Member

Bob-Dobson Smith was in the GO in the 70's. I am surprised that he is still plugging away at that Scientology thing. What a die-hard.
  11. JohnnyRUClear Member

Not precisely:
    That's about it.

Amen to that! Keep Chanology Working and clear the planet of the aberrated, suppressive CCHR.