Customize

CCHR call autism a physical handicap

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by OTBT, Jun 12, 2009.

1. OTBT Member

CCHR call autism a physical handicap

Citizens Commission on Human Rights is a Scientology front group. Here is a 2002 statement on their web page:

'Just Sprinkle A Little Kiddy-Cocaine On Your Child's Applesauce' - Citizens Commission on Human Rights

Also, earlier related thread

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/298-jett-travolta/cchr-opposes-medical-treatment-autism-28404/
  2. none given Member

Re: CCHR call autism a physical handicap

Wow. are they shifting position to cover Travolta? It would be unpresidented loyalty to a member if they did.

Also speech impediments are neurological too. So is some blindness.
    Thanks OP OTBT
  3. Suzette Member

It's a moronic distinction--what about a kid who is hit on the head, and develops both personality problems and problems with motor skills?

They play this game however they think it will benefit them. They say that depression is a often a physical illness, then deny that the brain has anything to do with our physical health. They claim that seizures a physical disorder, except when someone in the Sea Org has one. The only sure outcome is "psychiatrists are evil" and "Scientology can help you with that."

For what its worth, most autistic kids have some physical problems, to go along with their massive mental and developmental problems.
  4. Mutante Member

Obvious wordplay is obvious.
  5. mongrel Member

No they're not.

6. LilDebbie Member

funny how their press release page is so mutable. thankfully, the internet is archived. side by side comparisons of the press release page from january 4th 2008 and today:

compare.jpg

he who controls the past controls the future...
  7. Skeptic1337 Member

lol nice so it is an autism cover up.

lulzy!
  8. MongoLloyd Member

Oh FFS could you at least highlight wtf I'm supposed to see there? I want those minutes of my life back that I wasted trying to see wtf I'm supposed to see in that comparison.
  9. LilDebbie Member

i was going to connect the articles on the left to the articles on the right, but they crammed so many in between that most got pushed off the page. point being is a press release from 2002 wasn't there in 2008 but magically appeared in 2009 after the travolta police report got leaked, i.e. David Miscavige is squirreling the everything.

link to current page: Press Releases - Citizens Commission on Human Rights

link to 01/04/08 version of page: Press Releases - Citizens Commission on Human Rights
  10. Anonymous Member

Could be that they released it in 2002 but didn't put it in the index... hm..

It looks very 1984'ish though.