Customize

Cease and Desist Letter from Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney to the Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, May 15, 2016.

1. Update from Fred G. Haseney on Tony Ortega's blog.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/07/15/sc...mera-to-big-blue-tomorrow/#comment-2785767891

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Fred G. Haseney • 11 minutes ago

My God, Tony Ortega, what a great job you've done! I couldn't have asked for better coverage of the debacle my life has seemingly become in recent days and weeks. It's 4:40 PM Pacific Time, and I finally got a copy of the Dismissal printed to be carried as proof when I return to PAC Base Saturday, July 16, 2016, for "Maiden Voyage 4," the last of scientology's "Maiden Voyage" events. I'll need backup, however. If one person showed up, driving a car with the metallic "call me" signs attached, I'd be more than willing for my camera and I to ride shotgun. Protesting on foot may need a backup of two people. Let me know here; let me know at Facebook. Either way, at 6 PM, Sat., July 16, 2016, I'll be standing at Sunset Blvd. and L. Ron Hubbard Way. I'll be on the sidewalk (the north side of the street), camera in hand. I won't have any protesting signs because I had to ditch all of my protesting material when Hope Again kicked me out Tuesday.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone, and I mean everyone. I hope that no one actually showed up for the court hearing this morning, since Graham helped engineer the Dismissal.

Thank you, Graham, for being with me every step of the way. Without your legal expertise, I don't know where I'd be. Thank you, Tony, fr your coverage. Your reporting is so spot-on, it's as if I wrote the copy. Many thanks to those who have contributed to the Funded Justice Campaign; please accept my apologies for not thanking you all individually, but (a) I don't have wi-fi readily available, and (b) I haven't been able to figure out if I can do that through the FJ website. My thanks to Funded Justice, too. FJ made the campaign so painless to launch.

My apologies to anyone who has worried over me.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

On Facebook today, Fred posted this. Quote:

I would like to dispel any idea you might have that I've left Los Angeles because scientology may have paid me to do so. This is far from the truth; let me explain.

Yes, about a month ago, Beatriz Castro Macias, a dedicated scientology staff member (my "accuser") filed a Temporary Restraining Order against me. The TRO was dismissed Friday, July 16, 2016. On July 17 and 18, I protested at PAC Base in Los Angeles. I walked away with proof, on film and videotape, that scientology will hound and pursue me until I am either cornered civilly or criminally. On Monday, July 19, 2016, I received an Eviction Notice, and by Tuesday, I was back out on the streets, after nearly four years at a transitional shelter near PAC Base.

For the next week, I holed up in a motel until I could find more stable housing. With $400, I secured a bed in another transitional shelter near PAC Base, but even before I unpacked, the bed bugs came to introduce themselves to me. After two such infestations at the previous home, I didn't want to face a third.

With money running out and nowhere to go, I decided to accept a friend's invitations some 2,800 miles away. I financed everything because I had some savings. The church of scientology has never paid me a dime for anything (except legitimate work I did at their "Front Groups," places such as Sterling Management Systems, Management Success, WISE, Narconon, ASI, the Freewinds or Peter Gillham's Nutritional Center).

Scientology is a dangerous and evil cult. The way they handle critics such as myself is beyond nasty, and the American taxpayer should know that their tax dollars are aiding and abetting a most criminal activity. That entity, however, is on the decline; scientology is eating itself alive, and anyone near it fears getting sucked into that vortex. I have another blog to post for my protest activities on July 17, 2016. I'm backlogged some twelve blogs. Living in the boondocks, however, means that wi-fi is limited. Eventually, I will run out of protest-related blogs and will be coming up with a new approach for JennyAtLAX.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Welcome to Hubbardsville | JennyAtLAX

Quote:

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. Today, I’m reporting from Hubbardsville, New York, far, far away from the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. As you may know, I had been reporting for about a year-and-a-half from PAC Base. I photojournalled my way right into court, however, when one of scientology’s dedicated staff members, Beatriz Castro Macias, became my accuser, and filed a Temporary Restraining Order (“TRO”) against me (with the help of scientology super lawyer, Kendrick Moxon), claiming that I had been stalking her. Scientology caved (thank you, Tony Ortega); their lawyer and mine (Graham E. Berry Esq) settled out of court and engineered the TRO’s dismissal. On Friday, July 15, 2016, I didn’t have to go to court. By the next day, I had in hand a copy of the dismissal so that I could protest at “Maiden Voyage 4,” scientology’s fourth event for their Maiden Voyage 28th anniversary. Everything looked rosy until I “developed” the film, so-to-speak, from that evening’s event.

There’s one thing that scientology, the Office of Special Affairs (“OSA”), the church’s vice-president, Janet Weiland, and Beatriz Castro Macias don’t know: my eyesight is not very good. In order to stalk someone, it would be behoove a near-sighted stalker to wear corrective lenses in order to see the person to be stalked. While I do own a pair of glasses, the prescription is not current; I also never wear them when taking photos because the glasses get in the way of the camera’s lens. While photojournalling, I get a sense of items to shoot photographs of. Only after I get home and actually view a picture up close do I fully understand the nature of the photograph. Zooming in on the picture assist photojournalling; seeing people in the background as well as determining their actions is what helps me write the blog. That’s why I take a lot of pictures; if I do manage to capture something unique, then I can use that series of photos in order to flesh out the story.

On Saturday, July 15, 2016, I arrived at PAC Base about an hour early, and met with a police officer at the corner of Sunset Blvd. and Catalina St., in order to know what sidewalks I had access to. After that conversation, I proceeded south along Catalina St., taking photographs of the parking lot behind the Los Angeles Organization (“LA Org”). That parking lot had been festively setup with tables and chairs. Through the camera’s lens, that’s all I saw. When I got home, however, I saw something that gave me a sinking feeling.

1%20WH%202016-08-04%20DSC06050C_zps2qariklv.jpg

Continued here:
    https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/08/04/welcome-to-hubbardsville/
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Obama White House honors Scientology spymaster

By Tony Ortega, September 16, 2016

Quote:

In more Scientology and politics news, the church’s national affairs office in Washington DC is crowing that the Obama White House honored notorious Scientology executive Janet Weiland at a ceremony recognizing the efforts of the Los Angeles County Interfaith Clergy Coalition, of which Weiland is a member.

The Coalition was given recognition by the White House’s Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, which is what President Obama renamed an office that had been created by President George W. Bush, the Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.

We have little doubt that this was merely a symbolic head-patting by the White House, and should not be read as support for the Church of Scientology by Obama. But it is especially unseemly that Janet Weiland, of all people, should be getting anywhere near the White House.

Just recently, we wrote about how Weiland went to a transitional home in Los Angeles to try and get Fred Haseney’s protesting activities shut down. But we also can never forget Weiland from her involvement in the story of Tory Christman, which we wrote some 15 years ago.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/16/vi...ed-as-scientology-spy-in-live-public-hearing/