Customize

Chanology manga

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous10, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Artfag Member

I'm sure most of you know of the Anonymous Comics series and JapanAnons' efforts against the cult in Japan.

Ans you've probably seen in our post-game thread from Comiket, jwe've just released the first chapter of Anonymous Comics 3 - "Disconnect".

Chapter 2 is currently in production and will be released at the next Comiket in summer. While chapter 1 provides background and shows one of the characters fall to the cult, chapter 2 will be about the other girl joining Chanology. There will be protests, caek, OSA, fair game, tragic love story, both drama and lulz.

Remember, the original language was Japanese so even after translation the panels go RIGHT TO LEFT. But I'm sure we all know that, LOL

Do enjoy, and please let us know what you think :)

disc1en00.jpg
    disc1en01.jpg
    disc1en02.jpg
    [IMG]
    disc1en04.jpg
    disc1en05.jpg
    disc1en06.jpg
    disc1en07.jpg
    disc1en08.jpg
    disc1en09.jpg
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Artfag Member

• Like Like x 4
  3. Artfag Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. Artfag Member

• Like Like x 27
  5. Lucky the cop wasn't a true /b/tard, else she'd have been on real trouble for hurting the cat.

Regardless, this is very nice work. /r/ links to other Anon comics.
  6. Amazing work dude. Keep it up.
  7. BlooAnon Member

I love this! Well done! I lol'd at the blue screen of death reference.
  8. Orson Member

EPIC.

Those perfidious bastards!
  9. Tofuman666 Member

Awesome work. Can't wait for the next part.
  10. Miranda Member

Love how the Hubbard bust looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman!
  11. Anonymous Member

Impressive!
  12. leafs Member

Enjoyed it. Informative, creative and good graphics too. I'm really looking forward to chapter 2, well done.
  13. This must have taken a massive amount of work. Very impressive.
  14. incog712 Member

Perfidious bastards are perfidious. And bastards. So much win!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Artfag Member

Thanks! Indeed, it took a few months of intense work, it was a very tight deadline for the amount of work put into this. Some corners had to be cut but I hope it's still okay.

Here's a little teaser for chapter 2:

promosmall.jpg
    • Like Like x 10
  16. twig Member

Noice.

I couldn't help but LOL at the absurdity of "Stop! You're suppressing me!"

(Speaking of absurdity, did you know that there is a sculpture of an ashtray on a chair in one of the Ideal morgues? I couldn't make this up if I tried too... so embarrassing... you nailed it)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Artfag Member

Oh yes, you're absolutely right about the absurdity. "You're suppressing me", as absurd as it is, is actually real and comes from her:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ashqzEXkw

The disconnection call we tried to keep as close to this as possible in our limited space.

While Sara and her story are fictional, it's entirely based on real stories of real people. Chapter 2 which we're currently working on has scilons based on real clams we've dealt with, bullbaiting and fair-gaming incidents that really occured, and if you look closely, the org (which you've already seen in ch1) is based on a real one, as is the unnamed city itself and all the Anons you're going to see in part 2 - which includes Sgt Doyle, who pointed Angie in the right direction at the end of ch1 ;)
  18. Anon500 Member

19. AnubisMTL Member

MOAR!
  20. TattedUpAnon Member

DUDE - I'M NOT EVEN A MANGA FAN AND THAT WAS EPIC!!!

Nicely written, gives you a good insight to what the co$ is doing too - very nice!
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Anon500 Member

22. Artfag Member

/r/ some ex-scis to read through this and provide feedback...
  23. Muckraker Member

This is great. I just feel it needs a little proofreading, but yeah.
    This would be a great way to branch out to younger Scientology members (2nd generation types).
  24. Anon500 Member

A couple of typos have been fixed. The links are the same.
  25. Anonomomily Member

This!
    • Like Like x 1
  26. exOT8Michael Member

That is well made!
    I wonder if readers would understand "Method 1 Co Audit"??? it is a word clearing process where you have to clear thousands of words of Hubbard writings.
    The comic certainly gets across the reality of Scientology's disconnection mechanisms.
    And basement cat got a role! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

amazing! - well done - you're amazing to have created such a great piece of work
  28. Best manga ever love it!!!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Anonymous Member

bump for great manga
  30. LocalSP Member

How the hell did I miss this? Excellent work. Can't wait for C2
  31. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Any hopes this will be a PDF?
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Artfag Member

33. Anon998 Member

34. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Anonymous10, you may want to check some of your links in your OPs. I read the PDF and some of the pages are missing in your posts. Thanks for your postings!
  35. John Basilone Member

For sale at? Ring me up for one (1) metric fuckton
  36. Anonymous Member

As a real disconnect survivor I want to point out that this is painfully accurate.
  37. manas Member

This is amazing! It really shows how easy it might be for someone to fall for such a scam when they don't have the facts.
  38. Bipolart Member

Good work! Long cat is loooooooooong.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Trev6 Member

Only here, I'm afraid. But PDFs are free forever, so go nuts. Print 'em off to your heart's content.
    • Like Like x 4
  40. Artfag Member

Exactly, feel free to grab the PDFs, print them, staple together and distribute far and wide. You could hand them out at protests, obviously not to everyone who passes by but to those who stay to chat and show interest :)
    • Like Like x 3