Customize

Chicago - June 12, 2010 - Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Strong Strength, May 15, 2010.

1. Re: Chicago - June 12, 2010 - Planning

Good idea, IMO, I like it. Almost tempted to make a late org trip on Saturday if it wasn't for the fact that they're saying it's supposed to be stormy later in the day. Let's go there sometime, though.

That would be cool. You may have only one arm, but I seem to remember you raising the roof with the vigor of three men.

Can I have your autograph?

...mmph, HA ha ha
    Sorry. (Composes self)

Oh, and I'm getting the impression you think this is some mysterious quest for epic justice or something. Just so you know, it's just a bunch of internet dorks standing around awkwardly for a while.

Other stuff you asked about - we do the 2nd Saturday of each month, so if this month doesn't work for you, join us another time. Most people at this point are like lol whatever and put on their masks a block away or when they arrive. We haven't seen any overt Scientologist interaction at Millennium Park in ages.

You can play things as carefully as you want. Since you sound like you care about your anonymity, it's probably best not to get too sloppy. But it's not like you'll be WTFMURDERED if they knew who you were, either. There are plenty of people who are ID'd and just laugh at the crappy cease-and-desist letter they get or whatever.
  2. VeritasVincit Member

Re: Chicago - June 12, 2010 - Planning

Ok, first of all when i said "noble cause" i was trying to be funny, I actually really could use a break from mysterious quests for epic justice. furthermore, internet dorks are my kind of people. When it comes to the anonymity, i could really care less if they know who i am, i just didnt want to show up and like disobey established mask protocols and receive a thorough poking from a curmudgeon with a pointy stick. Or a sock with a bar of soap in it, or a pillowcase full of doorknobs, etc.......
  3. CBAnon Member

Wait, we have mask protocols? Damn, I've violated them. Lol. Just kidding. But seriously, don't take it too seriously around here. Trolling happens here a bit. And when the hell will meatwad spray shit skittles into traffic.
  4. anonsono Member

So what are we thinking about this rain guys? btw! Wazzup newfag here
  5. anonsono Member

Oh nm. Chicagowethercenter.com says partly cloudy w. 40% cahnce of percip.
    Ill bring mt. dew :cool:
  6. Anonymous Member

What is this "rain" that you speak of?

2858138759_81b88e7bba_o.jpg
  7. anonsono Member

haha! thats what i like to hear! :D
  8. anonsono Member

hmph.. no avatar 4 me. i put html also forum URL in location box but noz display.. How is i do this?

Edit:
    Sry 4 the spam. I was just too lazy to find the edit profile section! :eek:
  9. Re: Chicago - June 12, 2010 - Planning

I'M COUNTING ON YOU GUYS TO MAKE THIS FUCKING EPIC!!!!!11
  10. 9376 Member

Anon on the right is makin' rain look GOOOOOD
  11. 3rdMan Member

Bag of oranges. Hurts like a sunuvabitch and leaves no bruises on the victim. ^^

Maybe he's waiting to do that at the next gay pride parade? If your gonna shat the rainbow.

Good hunting Chifags during the rainy raids.
  12. Re: Chicago - June 12, 2010 - Planning

I don't think I can make a video for this one, as it's not likely I'll have access to a camera this time. Anyone want to bring a camera in case Photo Guy isn't there? You know, so we aren't empty-handed for the postgame thread?

Also, I'm not sure I'll have carrying room to bring cupcakes. Sorry!

And uh, nobody wanted to do a Jai Ho dance? You know that Nashville did it! C'mon guys, we can't let Nashville beat us at groupdancing. :'(

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!!
    WE'RE SO BADASS.

311umqd.jpg
  13. 3rdMan Member

Btw congrats Chicago. Blackhawks ftw.
  14. CBAnon Member

And this city went apeshit. Fireworks, horns, screaming. Always fun.
  15. anonsono Member

Im down for the ! looks fun as hell! haha! I'm brining a camera. Also porlly bringin my sister who will have a camera
  16. Onearmdude Member

I'm nearly 100% that I'll be able to come, so bringing a camera wouldn't be a problem for me. Only caveat is that someone else would probably have to use it.
  17. Anonymous Member

Use your feet.
  18. Onearmdude Member

Nah, then I'd have to wear sandals. Not classy enough.
  19. anonsono Member

so i know it's gonna be humid ass weather. Is anyone wearing a suit? i'll prolly bring a jacket in my bag
  20. CBAnon Member

Well, since I and the "Blues Anon" as I've been so aptly named, I'll be suited up. Now, if I survive is another story.
  21. Adanon Member

And speaking of the Blues, Blues Fest will be happening in Grant Park this weekend so expect more traffic, some street closures, less parking available downtown, etc.

Also more people!

22. CBAnon Member

I think we should sing that. I'll get it saved to my iPod. Maybe even some Blues Brothers songs. Excuse me while I find some tunes.

EDIT: as I'm looking for music, it turns out my GF DLed Jai Ho! a month or so ago. I'll be sure to have it loaded.
  23. 9376 Member

Also get Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis. .
    WE HOCKEY NOW.
  24. anonsono Member

hahaha chelsea dagger. a song i know all too well by now. :p
    FYI:
    I'm going to be bringin a Green/black Anon flag, dew, camera, crtive zen, flyers, billboard, and my good looks. Whos got a good parking spot picked out. should i just go to a parking area/garage? or should i walk form the train station? i live in Dixon so i dont make it out to chitown too often.
    I would prefer to park somwhere close as i've got a bit to carry ( most will be in my bag)
    Lemme know what you think fags! :D thanks!
  25. Re: Chicago - June 12, 2010 - Planning

There are several parking garages right downtown, but they can be a little pricey; I think they run at least $10 or so. I know there are places on the street to park in the area, but they probably require some walking, and you might need to be a parking spot ninja to find one. Also, with the Blues Fest madness, it may be trickier than usual to find one on the street, so I don't really know how that will work out. Sorry I can't be more helpful; good luck with the transportation tomorrow, that's a pretty big haul.

Was anyone else considering doing the earlybird special tomorrow (before noon)? If anyone else is showing that early, I might come out at 11-something too.

Anyway, I'll see many of you guys at or a little after noon tomorrow.
  26. CBAnon Member

If all goes well, I might be there at about 11:30. Depending on the CTA.
    Covered.
  27. anonsono Member

Haha! tho i do consider my self a good driver and can parallel park like a mofo i'm not sure that i am a parking ninja. i do plan on arriving around 11 - 11:30 maybe even earlier. I guess ill seek out a parking garage. $10 isnt (i guess) outrageous. I think i can just stuff my flag so that it is sticking out of my bag and pretty much walk free handed. hell, i need some exorcise a/w.

Either way ill be there Fo sho!
  28. Anonymous Member

Not such a good idea there. /b/ might be the least of your probs. I see you're still online. Maybe now would be a good time to edit that out. The raid will happen as planned. It always does. <3
  29. CBAnon Member

Foolish...
  30. Body Member

Delete that shit!

Ohai. I'm going. 3 and perhaps Wytch will be there.
  31. anonsono Member

Wow didnt know i needed to be mega confidential. but thanks 4 the heads up.
    may have had a martini or 2 and was a bit too trustworthy.
    i admit defeat..
  32. CBAnon Member

It's not that you have to be mega confidential, it's just that even a phone number can lead to alot of trouble. For example, the number can be search and info be found. For example, it can lead to town, name, and even address, I could probably find out where you live with just a few google searches on that number. That's the reason why, but it is a common mistake.
  33. anonsono Member

Yeah i realize it was dumb now. I was a lil mm.. tipsy last night. I realize also how easy it is to get info like that now that we have teh wonderful tool of google. :eek: Eek my bad.

C'ya there Yall
  34. CBAnon Member

Cya there.