Customize

Chicago, June 2016 - It's a scorcher out there!

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Strong Strength, Jun 30, 2016.

1. This was just a quickie visit to our local center. The front door was decked out in some new type of underwater theme?!

It was a Maiden Voyage event day, but we didn't see many people showing up for it. It was also held at our local org, which appears to be a downgrade from last year, when they were at the Oak Park Arts Center.

Many of the Scientologists (including some familiar faces) opted to use the back door instead, except for Crazy Laugh Lady, who seemed a little insane.

Good to be out there again!

Sea%20World.jpg

Signs%201.jpg

Street%20view.jpg

Hooray.jpg

Signs%202.jpg
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Those vinyl fish on the door appear like a failed attempt to make it look all tropical and "voyagey".

So festive. lol
  3. RightOn Member

Wow they really went all out. Huh?
    Stick four stickers on the glass, but don't paint the door whatever you do, keep it looking like shit.
    As always, their depressing window displays are depressing. WIN!

Good on you guys checking in and keeping up the pressure!
    <3
    • Like Like x 4
  4. JohnnyRUClear Member

Were you intentionally aiming the "SCAM" arrow at yourself in that last pic, or was some OT being all at cause over you and stuff?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TorontosRoot Member

Seems aimed at the cult's mORGue. :p

Great job.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. ThetanBait Member

Well done. When did they change the overhead sign from blue to red?
  7. Do fish swim? Do fish swim? Do fish swim?

The flounder sticker represents the attempts of the Chicago CoS to grow their userbase. Because they're floundering. Get it? Ha ha ha ha!

The killer whale, on the other hand, represents the viciousness of the out-of-state reggers when they come into town.

I think it was last year sometime that they changed from the blue and yellow "Blockbuster Video" motif. If you look at the sign from closer up, you can see the slightly iffy-looking paintbrush strokes of whoever did it by hand.

The older blue sign used to light up at night, but it started to flicker kinda weirdly. I've never seen them try to light up the current version of the sign.

I think the new red and yellow kinda makes it look like a fast food place or something.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. sea-20world-jpg.258622.jpg

Holy mackerel, that's a whale of a story, something very fishy is going on at that org.. Scientology gives me such a haddock, I would have been there if I cod. Thanks for the pics and floundering around there just for the halibut.

I wish the Scientologists would swim to freedom like this whale, there's been an awful lot of net cut for them. Wake up, you have a life to lead for yourself and others, please do not lead a life promoting this abusive, greedy, scamming cult of L. Ron Hubbard that has disconnected families and bankrupted members for decades. It's your life, your choice, full indoctrination will take away your choice. Don't fuck it up, stay away from the dreadful cult of Scientology.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DeathHamster Member

I wonder which is more accurate, the lettering on the door or the (LA administrated) website?
    I like the change of the overhead sign backgrounds from blue to red. Looks like DANGER.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quentinanon Member

Needs moar space alien decals.

sea-20world-jpg.258622.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  12. The video footage only took 2 months to go up!

• Like Like x 6
  13. TorontosRoot Member

About interneting time!
  14. RightOn Member

Late is good too
    Thanks for going out there and keeping up the pressure
    • Like Like x 2
  15. xPumaFangx Member

Are the protests at Chicago still active?
  16. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Check for “Scientology “ in your area. You’ll have to ignore their propaganda
  17. PainterofLite Member

no
  18. xPumaFangx Member

Fuckfuckshit. I will think of something else.
  19. TorontosRoot Member

If the org is still open, but dead, maybe putting a few large-print stickers on the windows would help. ;) (especially if it's not "ideal" yet, stick with the relevance especially, such as "IDEAL WHAT? "IDEAL" MY ASS!!")

It's what I am considering for the toronto abandoned mOrg (since they moved to 284 king east), it's ripe for it, or chalking.
  20. PainterofLite Member

That might be illegal vandalism.
  21. TorontosRoot Member

As far as I know, stickers aren't illegal, same thing as sidewalk chalk.
  22. PainterofLite Member

I would advise checking the law wherever someone was thinking of doing it.
  23. TorontosRoot Member

Depending on the city, bylaws say different, and often override provincial (state) laws.

Pretty sure it's not illegal. Nor is using carpet or duct tape to form segmented letters.
  24. PainterofLite Member

I would advise checking the law wherever someone was thinking of doing it.