Customize

Church of Scientology of Nashville photoshops 3 floors onto the top of the building

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Apr 19, 2015.

• Like Like x 6
  1. anon8109 Member

The brainwashing goes deep when the suckers know they're being suckered but don't care.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  3. CarterUSP Member

Every time I think I've seen it all, something else comes up.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Kilia Member

Ditto!
  5. Kilia Member

The CoS is just as stupid as Sarah Palin now.
    Both think they're fooling people. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RolandRB Member

If that's not "straight up and vertical expansion" then I don't know what is!
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Mr. Magoo Member

Just bizarre.
  8. RightOn Member

meh! I just think the shopped floors was their "fun" way of showing "expansion" and was a joke. you know… good 'ol theta humor.
    I don't think they expect people to think that the Nashville org looks like that.
    But, hey who knows
    • Like Like x 1
  9. anon8109 Member

I think that there are three things at work in the photo.

One is humor as you say.

The second is scientology "intention", where to make something true all you have to do is believe it hard enough, as you pointed out by saying it was theta humor.

The third is deception, as everyone else in the thread is decrying, where if some people are fooled by the image and thereby give more money to the Scientology corporation, all the better.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ersatz Global Moderator

The building is an historic landmark. I don't think they can alter it that way.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. amaX Member

Pffft. The floors are already there! We can't see them because we're not clear.
    • Like Like x 2