Customize

City of Chicago Tells Org to Either Get it Together or Sell Your Building

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

From ESMB: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-Either-Get-it-Together-or-Sell-Your-Building
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. amaX Member

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Ron B DED Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

NrLT3.jpg

Not sure if this is a fire code violation or not, but that fire water inlet is normally supposed to be covered. So idiots can't do stupid things like shove empty cans / bottles / garbage inside, which would block the fire water inlet in case of fire.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 4
  6. RightOn Member

it's.... it's.... BEAUTIFUL
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

Bu...Bu...But... How can this be?
    They are #1 in fundraising?
    idealchicago.png

Hip Hip Pooray!
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. rickybobby Member

Gawd. WHEN WILL THESE PEOPLE GET A CLUE??? Even if you think the stupid tech works, spend your money on getting up the bridge and getting those damn pesky Body Thetans off of you. STOP GIVING MONEY TO THE IAS YOU IDIOTS!!!!!!!

If I was a kool-aid drinker, I would not be able to STAND the thought of having those BTs hanging off me. It'd be like leaving ticks on me after a walk in the woods. Yuck.

R
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. rickybobby Member

10. Anonymous Member

Yup - Someone doesn't know how to block the entheta:

idealchicago1.png
    • Like Like x 5
  11. RightOn Member

again, why haven't authorities caught up to this fraud yet? 50 freakin' years!
    Many people have been busted for a lot less
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. rickybobby Member

"Authorities" aren't going to touch this with a ten foot pole. Yes, they should, and yes, many people have been busted for a lot less. And other countries aren't afraid to take on CoS. But in the US??? Never gonna happen unless there is a groundswell of pubic outrage.

R

And yes, I saw the typo and decided not to correct it cause it made me laugh. I meant PUBLIC outrage. Of the negative kind.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JohnnyRUClear Member

1. Cover self in Vaseline & pubes
    2. ??? in local Scilon org
    3. Profit / go to jail
    • Funny Funny x 8
  14. Anonymous Member

The branch of government of which the scam is a covert part would have to be brought down, and that'll happen right after Marion Barry is elected president.
  15. Anonymous Member

Dox or GTFO.
  16. Anonymous Member

That is the only place to get ALL news in USA. Try it for a day and you will agree.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Chicago is a joke. All of Europe and Texas laughs at Chi-Town.

Motor City can't even remove a dead cult.

LOLZ
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Django Member

19. Anonymous Member

Why? Detroit is in ruins...and Chicago....
  20. Gottabrain Member

Oh WOW! Chi-Anons, you ROCK! Congratulations!!

The Printers Row area has been an area of interest for complete community rehabilitation and rebuilding by the City for a very long time. Lots of realtors have their eyes on it for cheap deals, i.e., here is a high-priced knockdown/rebuild:
    http://www.walkscore.com/apartments...icago-il-60605/Burnham-Pointe-at-Printers-Row

Abandoned buildings get knocked down and owners lose them. Oh please, LET IT BE SO!!

So Chicago's corrupt politicians FINALLY have an eye on it - lol lol lol!

It will never, ever open. Need popcorn for this one - there will be ENDLESS requirements that COS can NEVER fulfill, red tape galore - they'll be screaming in frustration as they pump endless dollars into rehab that will never be accepted until they finally let the City have the blg.

Lovin' it! :)
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Gottabrain Member

It appears demolishing abandoned buildings is part of the Mayor's current plan to fight crime:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8734189

Basic info on Eminent Domain and how it may apply:

Valid Public Use

• Eminent domain demands that the government demonstrate a valid public reason for taking the property. However, in most states, eminent domain case law has placed very few limits on what constitutes a valid public use. Recently, in the case of Kelo v. New London (2005), a city wanted to take private property to make the property conform with a broad plan for economic redevelopment. The U.S. Supreme Court declared that "valid public use" even includes seizure of property to economically redevelop the property. However, should a property owner believe that the government is taking his property for an invalid use, he has a right to challenge the use in court.
    Just Compensation

• The "just compensation" required by the Fifth Amendment demands that the government pay the private property owner fair market value for his property. Typically, if the government and property owner disagree on the value, they can negotiate a price or ask the court to set a fair value. Just compensation may cover more than the retail value of the property. Particularly in the case of a business operating on eminent domain property, the government may also need to pay for the loss of value to the business in losing its character.

Read more: What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Property Is Condemned? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_7757107_legal-rights-property-condemned.html#ixzz27pRmXoUV
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Anonymous Member

Motor City is Detroit, or was.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Motor city is dead. So sad, but true. There is no "city" only abandoned buildings and a struggling few that live there. Power, Corruption and Lies...
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

It's become eerily reminiscent of the "Twentieth Century Motor Co." from Atlas Shrugged, at this point. (Not that that means anything... just saying.)
  25. rickybobby Member

So... how long before it "accidentally" catches on fire and burns to the ground?????? Anyone taking bets?

R
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Zoom Member

Bring out the cows and lanterns!
    • Funny Funny x 5
  27. Anonymous Member

Depends if it's insured. If so, there's gotta be boxes and boxes of leftover full sets of Hub drivel that could be used as kindling.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

Free the slaves. Burn all those auditing files.
  29. DeathHamster Member

In RoboCop, it was mainly Toronto.
  30. grebe Member

::stunned:: Never met anyone before who'd actually read that book that wasn't barking mad.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

It was a long slog, but (mostly) interesting.
  32. Sonichu Moderator

Congrats on reaching clear chicago!

Or maybe not yet, but I mean come on, how many times have the Scis been able to come out on top when the city starts coming down on them for violating fines?

I suppose the only incident that comes to mind is Super Power building, and they only came out on top after like a decade of getting shit from the city.
  33. Anonymous Member

also cars which were poor quality and overpriced compared to the asian competition.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. anoninoob Member

[IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 4
  35. Bump

There was supposed to have been some sort of hearing about Chicago's Ideal Org building. Last I heard, it was something to do with them not having completed renovations yet. Probably the city getting annoyed with them again.

CASE SET ON CASE MANAGEMENT CALL

Date: 7/23/2014
    Court Time: 0200
    Court Room: 1107

Judge: WOLFSON HIGGINS LAURETTA

That's all the info I have at the moment. Wonder what happened.
    • Like Like x 4
  36. I don't speak legalese, but as far as I can tell, the hearing got pushed back.

Activity Date: 7/23/2014 Participant: CHURCH SCIENTOLOGY
    COMPLY - ALLOWED -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activity Date: 7/23/2014 Participant: CITY CHICAGO
    STRIKE OR WITHDRAW MOTION OR PETITION - ALLOWED -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activity Date: 7/23/2014 Participant: CITY CHICAGO

Date: 11/5/2014

Someone guessed that the Chicago CoS would probably do just enough to keep out of serious trouble going forward, which sounds pretty plausible to me.
    • Like Like x 6
  37. Quentinanon Member

It's that damned WOG justice again!
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Another update - case number 2013-M1-401557:

Activity Date: 11/5/2014
    Participant: CHURH OF SCIN OF I
    COMPLY - ALLOWED -

Activity Date: 11/5/2014
    Participant: 650 S CLARK ST

Date: 1/28/2015

Looks like another hearing set for January.
    • Like Like x 9
  39. DeathHamster Member

Night court?
    • Like Like x 1
  40. DeathHamster Member

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow
    You're always a day away!
    • Like Like x 3