Customize

Civil suit again CofS for Human Trafficking? Why not?

Discussion in 'Marc Headley v. Church of Scientology Internationa' started by francie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. francie Member

Civil suit again CofS for Human Trafficking? Why not?

Civil suit again CofS for Human Trafficking on top of labor issues? Why not?

Since statute of limitation can be 'stayed' because of psychological trauma, then more ex Sea Org members could sue long after they left CofS. The stay because of Human Trafficking psychological trauma also stays the statute of limitations for labor disputes.

Calling Marc Headley to the white courtesy phone!

CA Codes (civ:43-53) Scroll down to section 52.5

2. OTBT Member

Re: Civil suit again CofS for Human Trafficking? Why not?

tl;dr Statute of limitations does not apply to Sea Org members filing Human Trafficking lawsuits.

This is actually very important info.

Oooooh, looky here:

Research re Human Trafficking, Church of Scientology

Hey OSA, having a bad week?
  3. mrfyde Member

I was following this thread over on OCMB a few weeks ago about human trafficing.
    Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Human Trafficking in scientology
    I was not a member so I could not chime in.

Over Christmas I talked to a family member that is a DA (but not in California) about the new Human traffic laws that went into effect there on Jan. 1st (in CA) and was told that they MIGHT apply to Scientology (not having time to go over the entire list of facts) but it would likely be hard to get a case going.

I was told other avenues (like Marc Headly's I assume) would be better way to go about it. But Human Traffic still might be possible we just where not sure it would be the best way to go from the little bit of information and time we had available to look at it.
  4. Re: Civil suit again CofS for Human Trafficking? Why not?

It might be very amusing if you could find one single ex-Sea Ogre who could make a case for unfair dismissal from the cult.

Can you imagine a breach of contract suit, with a claim for loss of earnings...over a billion years? :eek:

Lemme see: that's 39 cents an hour, for oh, 'bout 100 hours per week = $39.

52 weeks per year (no holidays for Sea Ogres) = $2048.

1,000,000,000 years @ $2048 per year =

About 2 trillion bucks!

That would put a bit of a hole in Davey's finances, wouldn't it?
  5. blownforgood Member

DONE!
    Until next time...
    BFG
  6. LRonAnon Member

Zesty