Customize

Claire Headley v. CSI & RTC - Lawsuit filed - JAN 20, 2009:

Discussion in 'Marc Headley v. Church of Scientology Internationa' started by blownforgood, Jan 20, 2009.

1. darkshadow667 Member

re: Claire Headley Lawsuit filed - JAN 20, 2009: Claire Headley v. CSI & RTC

I say, "Will It Blend?" :D
  2. anongurl7 Member

3. re: Claire Headley Lawsuit filed - JAN 20, 2009: Claire Headley v. CSI & RTC

340xeg9.jpg

You rang?
  4. TheBitch Member

Re: NEW LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST RTC AND CSI - JAN 20, 2009

Hmmm in Latino/a countries (especially Mexico) and all border towns / campesinas from East Texas to Baja, leave the mask off. Is a famous face in certain parts of the world and association with Caesar Chavez couldn't hurt!
  5. none given Member

We need a list of Exes.

A big long list of pissed on, pissed off broke goddamn exes.

There are so many who would want to be part of this but have no idea it is going on.

They have ripped off hundreds of thousands of people and those people ain't gonna hear about this on the nightly news.

We really, really, need a long list of exes.
  6. FreakE420 Member

Re: NEW LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST RTC AND CSI - JAN 20, 2009

1zwdevc1.jpg
  7. muldrake Member

FYP.
  8. re: Claire Headley Lawsuit filed - JAN 20, 2009: Claire Headley v. CSI & RTC

LONG KNIVES ARE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!
  9. adhocrat Member

that's too funny. I'll be chuckling for a week. Now I want a bust, too.

Bust, or bust will be the new cry.

Pretty much any list of members will be mostly people no longer in.
  10. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Anybody know if Jason Beghe has seen these suits?

Remember, he was IN some of the films produced by Golden Era. Probably worked long hours to get the films out on time. How much pay do you think HE got?
  11. subgenius Member

I've been wondering what happened to his request for his files.
  12. francie Member

I'll bet he got nothing. He was a 'parishioner' so he probably 'donated' his time.
  13. anongurl7 Member

Denied of course. COS wants it to blackmail.

Also to the person who said he wants a long list of exes... in COS keep in mind to get money back you have to sign forms saying you can never sue COS. So either have to clear that with a lawyer to see if the forms are bullshit, or get the names of exes who just blew and left money at their org.
  14. MaryannMobley Member

Wonderful news!
  15. Optimisticate Member

One possibility...

"OK Jason, look. We have this file of yours. You want it? Well, we want YOU to make this statement to the media first.... you know that terror group called Anonymous....? Do that and we'll talk on Staturday."
  16. Obi-Wan-anon Member

And that's what the whole Headley suit is about. But a voice-over actor makes more than a general laborer.
  17. MrNiceNice Member

No.
    a) Plenty mixed bag-0-nuts... it would be like herding cats.
    b) "class certification" would be a nightmare... just the sort of litigious
    crap eht tluc loves.
    c) Those that got away clean (the few) deserve a little peace.
  18. adhocrat Member

And yet if it ever could be proved they had used a priest penitential PC folder (their name on all the auditing folders) for blackmail, it would be game over for any thought that scientology is a church.

I talked to an Episcopal minister a few months ago, and he made it clear he would be horrified if something like this happened. scientology would lose all face forever in the religious community,
  19. MrNiceNice Member

<<scientology would lose all face forever in the religious community,
    silly quote is silly. An Episcopalian no less.

I missed the part where they had "face" with anyone that has a brain larger
    than a walnut. oops. Forgot Peoples Temple in Ghana. They're probably
    cool with it.
  20. subgenius Member

They can't use the stuff for blackmail. It would prove they use the stuff for blackmail.
  21. exOT8Michael Member

When they found out I was about to leave Scientology, through the president of Flag in Clearwater (Mary Voegeding) did threaten to blackmail me with contents from my confidential folders if I did not come in the get "handled". Trufax.

That was the last straw for me at Flag. I shredded Hubbard's photo which I had on my wall and decided to move out of Clearwater.
  22. subgenius Member

Its the threat they use I think more, cause like I say if they actually do it, especially with a celebrity, it could very well backfire on them.
    Maybe you can share whether they use "embarassing" revelations with you in auditing or whatever. I can see how that would be coercive and manipulative.
  23. francie Member

CofS doesn't have to reveal WHICH bits they would reveal. Every pc knows that there are embarassing things they have revealed in session which they wouldn't want their friends to hear, nor their family, nor their neighbors, nor their boss. The intimidation works better if you don't mention WHICH bits you're going to reveal. And blackmail only works when you're still threatening to reveal the juicy bits. If they actually revealed them, they no longer have any blackmail fodder.
  24. LarryBren Member

I have personally heard David Miscavige use confidential PC folder information about both David Mayo and Gerry Armstrong in front of others in order to make fun of them. So there you have the head of organized scientology inappropriately using such information. That's the same guy who constantly lies about their "holy" religious status while hiding behind that cloaking to carry out horrible misdeeds.
  25. re: Claire Headley Lawsuit filed - JAN 20, 2009: Claire Headley v. CSI & RTC

BFG, this is amazing what you are doing. I will be keeping you in my thoughts over the coming months. Good luck to you, and never give up!
  26. re: Claire Headley Lawsuit filed - JAN 20, 2009: Claire Headley v. CSI & RTC

A friend of mine told me that when she was in the Sea Org the Commanding Officer (and other executives) would go through her fellow worker's pc folders for fun, and blurt out things like "Oh my god! Did you know _____ fucked a chicken?" and other embarassing things. She was young (under 18) and didn't appreciate knowing that people did things like that, nor that her co-worker ______ had admitted to it. She wrote reports because she thought that was wrong, but it just got her in trouble.

Myself, when I was in the Sea Org I remember the Commanding Officer at muster (in front of 200 other Sea Org members) tell us how so-and-so was going to the RPF because she did _________ (embarassing details).

I was shocked an appalled that the CO would do that.

Now after getting out and reading a lot on the Internet, I see that that was a fairly common occurrance at most orgs -- disclosing embarassing confidential details of a co-worker in front of everyone else.
  27. TheBitch Member

Well, at least you're out and nao can stand as living testament to the fucktardary of abusive people in positions of false / assumed authority. Too bad the FBI hasn't bothered to listen...
  28. tikk Member

29. subgenius Member

30. xenubarb Member

White flag? Nay. If I've learned anything about Scientology, it is that what they say and do are diametrically opposed to their intent.

When a Scientologist hands you a peace symbol, it's a declaration of war.
    Engage!
  31. xenubarb Member

32. moarxenu Member

As evar, u r a winrar!

Great analysis, tikk. I have sent it to Eugene Volokh. The html version of the complaint is extremely useful for harpooning. Could you also get a html version of Marc's complaint?
  33. tikk Member

Thanks Moarxenu; I was only able to easily html the Claire complaint because the original word or wordperfect version had been converted to a PDF, thus keeping the text intact and copyable; the Marc Headley complaint was scanned, so Acrobat doesn't recognize the text as text. The scan is too crappy to OCR.
  34. Optimisticate Member

35. ArnieLerma Member

I just read Tikk's fine summary..

"Claire also alleges human trafficking, also as part of a larger unfair competition claim. Unlike the forced abortions allegation, there is a statutory analogue for human trafficking, namely California Penal Code § 236.1, which states that "[a]ny person who deprives or violates the personal liberty of another with the intent to ... obtain forced labor or services, is guilty of human trafficking." Section 236.1 goes on to define "unlawful deprivation or violation of the personal liberty of another" as the "substantial and sustained restriction of another's liberty accomplished through fraud, deceit, coercion, violence, duress, menace, or threat of unlawful injury to the victim or to another person[.]"[FN1] "

Human Trafficking -
    you gottah love that light shining down Hubbard's rat hole

--------------------
  36. exOT8Michael Member

Danny Dunnigan looks like the kind of person who would get sadistic satisfaction from the human trafficking that goes on at Gold Base in Hemet.

Amirite?
  37. moarxenu Member

Shit is so cash.
  38. francie Member

I bet they're quaking in their boots at the Human Trafficking angle. HT is not just a civil matter... it's a crime.

More research data on that angle as it relates to Scientology is here:
    Research re Human Trafficking, Church of Scientology

Some people have argued that Scientology doesn't get involved in the sex/prostitution stuff so therefore it's not Human Trafficking. What they don't get (or won't look at) is that there are TWO angles to the HT issues:

Labor and sex-trade

Scientology seems to be engaged in the LABOR Human Trafficking.

Go check out the link above for more information. It seems more geared towards the types of labor human trafficking that Scientology does.
  39. tikk Member

I have corrected my post--I incorrectly stated that California didn't have a civil cause of action for human trafficking, but they do. Here's the update:

UPDATE: California Civil Code 52.5 provides a civil cause of action for human trafficking. To summarize the statute, the civil cause of action defines human trafficking identically to California's Penal Code (section 236.1), and provides a range of remedies (actual (treble), compensatory, and punitive damages, as well as injunctive relief, attorney's fees and costs). The statute of limitations is five years tolled from the "freedom date," or until the victim turns 26 (8 years past majority), if trafficking occurred while underage. Perhaps quite significantly, the statute of limitations can even be tolled (won't begin until a later time) if the victim was under a "disability" at the time the trafficking took place--disability could mean "insanity, imprisonment, or other incapacity or incompetence " If the defendant induces the delay in filing (e.g., threats, duress), they're estopped (legally prevented) from asserting the statute of limitations as a defense. Moreover, if the statute of limitations is suspended due to a disability, the estoppel applies to all other related claims arising out of the trafficking.
  40. subgenius Member

The sweet got sweeter.