Customize

Co$ Detox and "purple sweat"

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Daywatch, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Daywatch Member

Co$ Detox and "purple sweat"

in their video the Scilons claim when they detoxed the 9/11 firemen they had proof in the purple sweat

but look what I found

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/172/1/69

huh how about that
    another LIE busted
  2. Plups Member

Re: Co$ Detox and "purple sweat"

Very interesting. I was thinking about this just today. The only issue I can see is - wouldn't the iodine be pretty obvious?
  3. Anon123456 Member

thats good info, it would be nice if we had an ex sci who could confirm the use of that technique.
  4. Skeptic1337 Member

I know a bunch of fireman who were first, second and third responders to 9/11. You know until this video I don't think I'd ever heard of the purif although I know a few who are being treated for 9/11 cough, would love to debunk this set of bullshit.

Off on an intel mission on this will report findings as to if any one ever went in for it (that would be 3 houses total so about a poll of 200 firemen).
  5. Daywatch Member

not a 1% solution they Iodine would be only noticeable if you were looking for it
  6. MollyBloom Member

There are iodine based soaps that you can wash with.
    If you use an iodine based soap to wash a towel, dry it then lightly starch it and get it wet (sweat on it) it will turn anywhere from light purplish blue to dark purple.

The towel is a lie.

8)
  7. Anon Y. Mouse Member

Asbestos caused the cough. There is no "religion" in the world that can cure it.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. subgenius Member

9. Daywatch Member

smart old lady is SMART!
  10. MollyBloom Member

:oops:

8 years of physics and chemistry, 'too many to tell' years of life experience; combine that all and you get one old crazy 'hey you can't fool me' chick that loves the lulz. I still suck at English and writing though so it balances out.
  11. thelolrist Member

Hmmm... does any ex-scilon want to have the evil Scientology-Poisons forced from their bodies on the 15th :D I mean its basic chemistry and makes a good show. :twisted:
  12. southernstate Member

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with purple sweat? You sweat purple when you get rid of all the toxins from your body? Toxins are purple?!?
  13. Bunny Member

....if toxins are purple...to Scientology, grapes = rat poison? hurrrrr
  14. MollyBloom Member

You would need to get a hold of something like providone iodine soap or make your own iodine soap at home and test it out on a towel with starch.

Be careful though iodine soap can cause rashes. :shrug:
  15. Coward Member

when i was a kid, we used to soak iodine crystals in ammonia overnight, then the the ammonia evaporate, then dump the remaining junk on the sidewalk and watch from a distance until someone walked over it. It was awesome.

*PoP POP pOP POP Pop*

guy and his dog jump like at least 100 ft in the air. hilarious.

anyway, the point is, that i'm pretty sure the junk we would put on the sidewalk was always a light purplish color, IIRC. Iodine eh.
  16. Daywatch Member

thats what Davey claimed in the indoctrination video they "detoxed" NYC firemen from 9/11 and the proof was there sweat was purple on the towels
  17. DontMindMe Member

Awesome. I saw that video, and I was like "WTF? Purple sweat?" Now I learn it's just a bit of SCIENCE! and showmanship. Good work, Anons: another Scilon myth busted.
  18. Re: Co$ Detox and "purple sweat"

:idea:
    :anon:
    Wonder if Bullsh!t or Mythbusters could work with this...?
  19. Daywatch Member

I was going to make a video showing how this was faked turns out Iodine soap give me an awful rash
  20. Skeptic1337 Member

I like how you think, showing them the detox videos might do. Off to discovery channel boards :)
  21. southernstate Member

That's awesome. VISIBLE SCIENCE!! It couldn't have been smoke residue or an exploded can of grape soda?
  22. AnonSoul Member

I thought that having a towel was only secondary to not panicking...what's next? 42 is no longer the answer? :shock:
  23. MollyBloom Member

Pardon me, I did not clarify, my bad...

The Scientology towel is a lie.

The HitchHiker towel is essential.
  24. anon87 Member

a town soaked in iodine is no way as cool as a town soaked in nutrients!
  25. Re: Co$ Detox and "purple sweat"

Wait, wha? You mean my ID number is a LIE? Then who AM I in the pay of? Where's my Marcabian CO?
  26. AnonSoul Member

All is good then!

As a side question dealing with Iodine, could it be used in a mist form (steam perhaps) or would it be to noticeable due to the odor? Sorry if this comes across as silly but the only iodine I've dealt with has been when I needed to clean a cut or scrape (leaving the lovely red/brown stain and nasty smell behind).
  27. MollyBloom Member

That's more like betadine/iodine...

There are iodines that are not orange colored.

When these are dry if you apply starch and ad moisture they will turn blue.
  28. AnonSoul Member

Does this type of iodine have the same smell though (or is that more a byproduct of the coloring additive)?

Sorry for neding a free chem lesson but more info is a good thing.
  29. MollyBloom Member

Don't know if I am the best to answer this, the only iodine soap I know about are home made or surgical...

neither causes orange discoloration and are usually mixed with something to make it smell OK or slightly medicated.
  30. AnonSoul Member

Check! The surgical soap gives me an idea on how it would work, thank you.
  31. Animanon Member

Iodine + starch makes a pretty blue/purple compound that is complexed I3 (from the iodine and ammonia poster, a way to "defuse" that stuff is to dump a bunch of starch into it, which reacts to form the inert iodine/starch compound). In this case, the iodine is probably Povidone-iodine, which is a complex of iodine with a polymer (polyvinylpyrrolidone, PVP). In the case of the "smelly" iodine, it was probably tincture of iodine which is just iodine dissolved in ethanol.

Very interesting way to form a con on this... just add water to starch and iodine to make the nice blue/purple color. Should have thought of that myself!
  32. Anonymous Member

/r/ science experiment with surgical soap and white towels => video

PS. I miss Molly.
  33. enthetanon Member

no. People think toxic stuff MUST be garish and unnaturally colored... orange, bright green, purple... this whole ridiculous hoax is more demonstration that these idiots don't know anything about science; that their understanding is on par with '50's science fiction movies...

Hundreds of toxic compounds are white crystals that look like table salt... or are colorless, clear liquids that look like water.

So even if your skin excreted appreciable amounts of "toxins" (and your skin does no such thing) it would probably NOT be colored purple or blue or whatever.

Here's a page that debunks the "Purification Rundown" and Narconon (which is the Purif)

Narconon Exposed: Is Narconon Valid? - Hubbard's Junk Science
  34. Swede Member

FKN Mythbusters!

only problem is there is no way they can make it explode....
  35. Suzette Member

When I first heard this, my thought was that there are tons of things that could have caused it, and without some sort of legitimate testing you'd have no way of knowing what it was. Not once did I consider that a person would actually sweat colors, though. It could be fabric dye sprinkled on a black bench, or someone accidentally getting a book wet (I figure these guys must be reading the works of ol' Elron while they are forced to sit in a sauna for hours on end), or really any of hundreds of other possible causes. Sending to a forensics lab would clear it up, but gosh and golly! No one did that!

Now the iodine trick is one that is well known to magicians and hoaxers, so that would be a clear cut case of deception. Interesting, but we'll never know.
  36. Wenckebach Member

/r/ video demonstration and/or do-it-yourself info
  37. T.W.C_Anon Member

Did you still make the video? :p
  38. Anonymous Member

I also miss Molly, where did she go? Did she find a better Woodstock?

Hello Molly Bloom???? Where are you?????
  39. Smurf Member

There is medical evidence of it:

Colored sweat - definition of Colored sweat in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
  40. Ogsonofgroo Member

So if I understand this right, a shower with some iodined soap, a starched shirt, and a night at the dance club, will yield some colourful results :D
    Wanna bet the VM scilons starch their towels? Fun with chemicals! XD
    @Smurff> Yup, I have a friend who is a plumber who has sweated light green from copper exposure, weird, and not very healthy methinks.