Customize

Colbert Report on Scientology

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by YouSeeNothing, Feb 7, 2013.

1. YouSeeNothing Member

Colbert Report on Scientology

Posted on February 7, 2013 by martyrathbun09 | Leave a comment

Like it or not, justified or not, the following segment on the popular Colbert Report (see both segments, second the interview with Lawrence Wright) pretty well sums up the public image of Scientology. Not the church of Scientology in the eyes of the world at large, but Scientology. A whacky religious cult with bizarre beliefs, violent practices and a threatening way of dealing with criticism.

The Colbert Report on Scientology

Do you believe this public image can change? How? How long will it take to change significantly?

No comments as of yet. Should be interesting. I guess Marty wants the Martians to realize what they are up against in creating a Scn2.0?

Colbert's Segments:
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co.../february-06-2013/scientology-church-violence

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/423603/february-06-2013/lawrence-wright

Mod Edit: Already covered in https://whyweprotest.net/community/...n-the-colbert-report-tonight-2-6-2013.108757/, leaving this one here but please stick to MR discussion. Debate of the Colbert piece itself in the other thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. YouSeeNothing Member

WOWZERS!
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. YouSeeNothing Member

He rattled off the Hubbardspeak, and I believe he knew exactly what it meant. His satire is just awesome. Into the second month of 2013 and if things don't start happening with the FBI/Feds it's going to start biting them in the ass. There's just too much coming out to be ignored now.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

(20)13 is not going to be Scientology's lucky number.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. YouSeeNothing Member

grave.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. That superbowl ad was priceless, the timing was exquisite and the blowback has been awesome to behold. The Daily Show has started to use Scientology as a recurring joke already, lets hope they stick with it. All they need now is a "Wyatt Cenac undercover" report at the Superpower building.

I´m expecting a lot of comedians to make the most of this.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Nope. Marty is busy salvaging L. Ron's reputation and Scientology's too.

He's doing what he has to do to accomplish that.

That's behind everything he does.

Wait and see.
  8. YouSeeNothing Member

He can try all he wants. Without the leverage or the deep coffers of the cult, his brand of woo ain't going far. I can't imagine what the general public would make of his blog and its posts.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. whitesand Member

Comedians in Clearwater in front of that monstrosity making fun of it, hehehe. And don't forget that large, ornate covered walkway that goes from the SP building across the street to the Ft. Harrison hotel, should be good fodder, too.
  10. Anonymous Member

As long as he and Mike Rinder are consulted by the media - because of their past standing in the cult - they'll both be presenting themselves as TRUE Scientologists and as TRUE admirers of Hubbard.

Part of that presentation is also being selectively critical of Scientology and even Hubbard.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. YouSeeNothing Member

I guess the media is holding off on questioning them about their illicit past as long as they make good filler on news segments. As soon as that runs dry...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

I'm not sure what is so special about that post. You realize that the sentence says, "You and Mike – need to Come clean about the crimes committed against people" and not "You and Mike – need to Come clean about the YOUR OWN crimes committed against people".

This comment reads as a criticism against Miscavige and not Rathbun and Rinder.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

Mike Rinder offers his opinion.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/colbert-report-on-scientology/#comment-253861
  14. Anonymous Member

You mean "The Bridge To No where"......

Hey Davy.......when are u goin to finish dat super powah building?

View attachment images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOzsMnJUuYJb8qR-WKcXHSu-GI_XHzF
  15. Anonymous Member

Comment submitted to Marty's blog. Not yet moderated, approved or posted.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/colbert-report-on-scientology/#comment-253918
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/colbert-report-on-scientology/#comment-253816
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. YouSeeNothing Member

I think it can be read both ways. C'mon, we all know that those two are guilty of crimes, no?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Stephen Colbert hasn't forgotten the cult. On the far left of this new video promoting his upcoming show, notice what's on his desk.

Stephen's Next Big Decision

Published by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on June 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Kilia Member

Subscribed to Colberts YT channel. :)
  20. RightOn Member

I just hope not one soul who doesn't know his history with mocking the COS thinks he is actually into it in any way
  21. Disambiguation Global Moderator

False Flag is his shtick
  22. RightOn Member

of course, but think of the people who have never watched his other show before and they are curious about his new show.
    If just ONE person thinks hmmmm…. maybe I should check that out. It's one too many. Because obviously not everyone who reads Diacrapics thinks it's complete crap and think they should maybe do a course and check it out.
    Plus there are may international people who do not know who he is.
    I know it's a long shot for this to happen from this teaser vid, but like I said, just ONE, is one WAY too many.
    I would have felt more at ease if he just said a small thing about it in a joking way then not at all,. I LOVE the teaser, but I already know about his views on Scientology.