Customize

Colorado school mails 8,000 Scientology anti-pot pamphlets to parents

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Article from here: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/CO-school-district-mails-anti-pot-pamphlets-4107909.php
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

WWP, time to roll up your sleeves and send those poons. The Mesa county school district needs some information about Scientology, Narconon, and deceptive cult recruiting practices.

Website for the school district: http://www.mesa.k12.co.us/

Board of Education Members
    BOE2011Color_000.jpg
    The Mesa County Valley School District 51 Board of Education serves as representatives of the community, providing effective governance to support continuous success for all students. Voters within School District 51's boundaries elect five members to staggered four-year terms.

District A
    Jeff Leany 970-858-7698
    824 19 Road
    jeff.leany@d51schools.org
    Fruita, CO 81521

District B

Ann Tisue 970-812-0286
    335 Quail Drive
    ann.tisue@d51schools.org
    Grand Junction, CO 81507

District C
    Harry Butler 970-242-5154
    1148 Grand Avenue harry.butler@d51schools.org
    Grand Junction, CO 81501

District D
    Leslie Kiesler, Vice President 970-433-3375
    431 30 1/4 Rd. leslie.kiesler@d51schools.org
    Grand Junction, CO 81504

District E
    Greg Mikolai, President 970-314-5738
    PO Box 907 greg.mikolai@d51schools.org
    Palisade, CO 81526

©2010-12 Mesa County Valley School District 51 ★ 2115 Grand Ave. Grand Junction, CO 81501 ★ (970)254-5100
    Steven D. Schultz, Superintendent of Schools
    Telephone Number (970) 254-5193
    Fax Number (970) 254-5282
    Address - Administrative Center 2115 Grand Avenue
    Grand Junction, CO 81501

Name Title
    Steven D. Schultz Superintendent of Schools
    Terri Wells Executive Assistant
    Bridget Story Department Secretary
    Expulsions, Communications & Superintendent's Office
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. rickybobby Member

Thanks for the info. On my to do list for today!
  4. rickybobby Member

Just a quick bit of searching yielded some info for those who want to write the board-- here are some links:

Here's a link from the Scientology site clearly showing this is a Scientology initiative.
    http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-in-society/foundation-for-a-drug-free-world.html

Just in case anyone wants to see the booklet in question:
    http://www.drugfreeworld.org/sites/default/files/truth-about-marijuana-booklet-en.pdf

Here is an article about Los Cruces being fooled:
    "Mayor abandons anti-drug program affiliated with Church of Scientology

Las Cruces Sun-News/December 7, 2008

By Ashley Meeks

Las Cruces - The city is immediately ending an anti-drug program aimed at third-graders after it was revealed it was created and bankrolled by the Church of Scientology.

The "Drug-Free Marshal" program, started in late November, had only been presented to five schools but was intended to be promoted eventually among all third-graders in the Las Cruces Public Schools.

Mayor Ken Miyagishima apologized Saturday and said it was not his intention to promote the religion. The mayor said he was approached this summer by Richard Henley, of Foundation for a Drug-Free World, who showed him a pamphlet adorned with the seals of El Paso, Española, the Rio Arriba County Sheriff's Department and the Horizon City, Texas, and Socorro, Texas, Police Departments and asked if the city would "support eradicating drug use in the community."

In small type at the bottom, the pamphlet is copyrighted by Foundation for a Drug-Free World, Narconon and Association for Better Living and Education, all Scientology programs.

"It's my fault for not checking it out," Miyagishima said. "This is something that I have to put an end to, this portion of it, since it was brought up to me."
    http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/narconon/narconon56.html

Here's the Ca SOS corporate info, note their status is "suspended". This means they either did not file an annual report, have unpaid taxes or have some kind of penalty due. They cannot legally do business in California.
    Entity Name: FOUNDATION FOR A DRUG-FREE WORLD
    Entity Number: C2844723
    Date Filed: 10/11/2006
    Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
    Entity Address: 1626 NORTH WILCOX, #1297
    Entity City, State, Zip: LOS ANGELES CA 90028
    Agent for Service of Process: AVA PAQUETTE
    Agent Address: 3055 WILSHIRE BLVD, #900
    Agent City, State, Zip: LOS ANGELES CA 90010

Here is a link from Scientology site that explains that the secular programs seek to use L Ron Hubbard's technologies:

HOW ARE SECULAR PROGRAMS BASED ON
    L. RON HUBBARD’S TECHNOLOGY COORDINATED?
    They are coordinated by the Association for Better Living and Education (ABLE), an international nonprofit public benefit corporation dedicated to social betterment.

Formed in 1988, ABLE is empowered to authorize qualified social betterment groups to use L. Ron Hubbard’s technologies in purely secular, charitable and educational activities. ABLE is also charged with the important responsibility of ensuring that this technology is made known and available to anyone who needs it and that the organizations authorized to utilize the technology under the social betterment trademarks are doing so correctly.

http://www.scientology.org/faq/scie...-of-l-ron-hubbard-based-secular-programs.html

The link to their page which shows their hidden agenda:

"Scientologists have further spotlighted and worked to outlaw the enforced drugging of schoolchildren, the psychiatric brutalities of electric shock and lobotomy, and biological warfare experiments. "

http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-in-society/examples-of-scientologists-doing-good.html

And, if you need some inspiration and talking points, here is an editorial from a local newspaper in WY that is well written and makes a great argument:
    http://thedailynewsonline.com/opinion/editorials/article_28a23266-0493-11e0-9378-001cc4c03286.html
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  5. SOJOA Member

Pot is still a much safer alternative to Scientology.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Any chance of getting a look at that Pamphlet?
  7. Anonymous Member

Even a crack cocaine addiction is safer than a lifetime on scientology.

Way cheaper too.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

I spent $700/month in the cult for almost 20 years. When I got out I spent $700/month at the marijuana dispensaries in the beginning. Pot was way more fun.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Nice work
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

That's a lotta weed.
  11. Anonymous Member

depends on the quality
  12. Anonymous Member

I get a real green 20% THC, C. Sativa, for $60/3.5g (an eighth), $400/oz. What brother Anon had himself there is a lotta weed each month, 'cause that's near 2oz. here, top of the best tree. Just sayin' :)
  13. Hubbard and Scientologists act like pot is the competition; just like they view psychiatry, and psychology.:)
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. FreakE420 Member

Awh. Hell no! Scilons harshin my buzz. This will not stand!
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

It is.
    Also: half the world smokes pot. Coincidentally , these people are the same ones aware of the Scientology scam ;)
  17. rickybobby Member

18. Anonymous Member

It wasn't all herb. At the clubs you can get all kinds of edibles with weed in it. Pot sodas and cookies and stuff. My favorite when I escaped was honey bud. A nice bud dipped in hash oil. I would get so much case gain with that stuff.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

They are also afraid of the effectiveness of aspirin. Which is why they say you can't be in session or on course for a WEEK if you take an aspirin.

Very afraid.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. eddieVroom Member

That, and they can't sec-check people on an e-meter if they've been smoking recently.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. anonymous612 Member

22. Anonymous Member

Funny you should say that...

I knew personally a gent who smoked weed all the way up to Clear, father of a well-known scilon. He said, "No one told me I couldn't, so I just did it!". I think he also said he was made to do his "drug-handling" and Grades again.

Not sure if it's true, but he had nothing to gain by telling me, both of us being in the cult at the time.

Smoking some herb got me to the point where I asked, "WTF am I doing here?" and GTFO. Maybe that fellow planted the seed, as it were ;)
    • Like Like x 3
  23. rickybobby Member

Any mention of Scientology, ABLE, RTC or any other Scilon front group has been excised from this pamphlet. Even in the fine print or the copyrights. It is copyrighted 2008 by "Foundation for a Drug-Free World," a California corporation whose status has been suspended by the state of California.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

Next election, they need a proposition to illegalize Scientology.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

You could've spent like 7.98 US for a can of spray paint and huffed your way back to sanity...and gained a colorful face, too.
  26. anonymous612 Member

Noticed something interesting here. This pamphlet and the ones I have are very clearly from the same series and publishing run. Exact same layout, same phrasing, word for word identical in many places, same imagery and scheme...

But compare the back pages, with the copyright info. Again, these books, plus the pot one, are all very very clearly from the same series.

Here's the painkillers one.

HCOla.jpg

Compare to the prescription drugs one, which appears to be basically identical to the marijuana one:

dvIrIl.jpg

And compare to the drugs in general one, which for no apparent reason is copyrighted to Narconon. EDIT: I just noticed I have two different versions of this packet with two different sets of cover art. The second one's back is identical to the prescription and pot one. So what, the same packet is copyrighted to two supposedly different organizations? Yeah that doesn't seem like bullshit at all...

5EOhy.jpg

OE75Vl.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  27. tigeratbay Member

What a fantastic job you've done 612! :cool:
  28. anonymous612 Member

IIRC (and I may be wrong) those pamphlets are loot from the bag when we held up a "Dispose of unwanted Scientology materials here" sign outside the Scilon Christmas fair. Greatest idea EVER.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  29. rickybobby Member

Actually, the third one is still copyrighted Foundation for a Drug Free World and was not copyrighted by Narconon; Narconon is only mentioned in the footer because it is mentioned in the body of the pamphlet. They are simply noting that Narconon itself is a trademark as a way of legally protecting that trademark.

My take on this is that they reprinted these things in 2008 to sanitize them and divorce them from Scientology to better fly under the radar. I guess Anonymous made it uncomfortable for these front groups to be associated with Scientology.

Keep looking at these copyrights-- I am not professionally knowledgeable in these things, but I do not believe they can legally copyright anything if their corporate status is suspended. They cannot legally do business in the State of California-- and I am assuming that if they engage in activities that include payment for services, that will qualify as doing business, and we can rat them out to the State. My feeling is that they did not want to file the required Annual Report, since that would become public record ripe for pooning.

And yes, 612, collecting their unwanted materials was indeed a stroke of genius.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

31. anon walker Moderator

I started going through this thing for inaccuracies but the whole thing is weird, blaming weed for everything from The Stoopids to Leukemia. Their cites are articles and news broadcasts, and we know how accurate those can be. Anyway, weak documentation, that school board should know better. Especially considering the Source!

• Agree Agree x 5
  32. anonymous612 Member

The painkillers one is a hoot. I like where it subtly claims that medicine doesn't do anything:
    And then there's the part that's all "Hey, you know who invented methadone? NAZIS."

Ooh, and then there's the "PAINKILLERS CAUSE ENGRAMS" part.
    **other than poisoning and killing you horribly as discussed earlier in the booklet.
    Or, you know, using them as safely prescribed by a medical professional.

The rest of the booklet:
    Blah blah blah pages of LRH quotes blah blah Narconon plug blah talk your problems over with a minister (BUT NOT A SHRINK OMG NO) blah blah if you get addicted call Narconon.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. rickybobby Member

EVEN WORSE it sounds like the SCHOOL DISTRICT sent them out to parents USING TAXPAYER DOLLARS and SCHOOL RESOURCES. Oh yes. The school board got duped.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

Funny how Scientology tries to enforece the Harry J. Anslinger and "Reefer Madness" point of view.

I'll betcha more than a few of those parents who got the flyers smoke a little weed now and again.

dere cult: half the world smokes pot and doesn't feel there's anything wrong with it. The other half mostly couldn't care less. Come to present time.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  36. "The mental consequences of marijuana use are equally sever. Marijuana smokers have poorer memories and mental aptitude than do non-users. Animals given marijuana by researchers have even suffered structural damage to the brain." pg 5

But isn't the brain just a shock absorber?
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Anonymous Member

"Brain... brain is, well, just brain."
    - L.Ron Hubbard, interview with Tony Hitchman, 1966
    • Like Like x 2
  38. anonymous612 Member

The drugs in general book very strongly implies pot will make you suicidal, outright claims it causes intense violence and theft, and repeatedly quotes marijuana statistics and cocaine statistics right next to each other to draw similarities between them. Also there's a quote here of a guy describing getting "toxic psychosis" from pot to the point where he was hearing voices in his head for six months until it left him homeless living in a cardboard box.

I see the problem. Scientology confused marijuana with schizophrenia.

Ooh, Narconon plug two pages in, someone's stepping up their game...oh lol, and a tone scale reference! And a plug for Clear Body, Clear Mind and the Purification Rundown. And in the "Real Solutions to Drugs" chapter, I swear, they only list one solution. L. Ron Hubbard.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. [IMG]
    Scientology-Supported Publications Used in Fight Against Teen Painkiller Abuse

With 10 percent of teens surveyed admitting they abuse over the counter medications, the Truth About Drugs program, supported by the Church of Scientology, offers hope to stem problem

• [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    Scientology-supported Truth About Drugs booklets help teens avoid addiction to painkillers and other drugs of choice
    [IMG]The real-life stories captured the attention of all the students.” Another found the data to be “real, not just ‘textbook’ info.[IMG]
    Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 12, 2012
    According to a recent University of Cincinnati nationwide survey of 138,000 adolescents, one in every 30 teens uses painkillers to get high.
    Painkillers are covered extensively in the Truth About Drugs (http://bit.ly/tad0035prw) -- scilon links, sock up, etc, drug education and prevention initiative supported by the Church of Scientology, which includes a series of 13 educational booklets. Drawing on 25 years of experience in drug prevention, the booklets effectively communicate to teens and young adults the harsh reality of drug abuse.
    The series includes an overview and 12 additional booklets (http://bit.ly/tadbooklet0035prw) -- scilon links, sock up, etc, one on each of the most commonly abused drugs: painkillers, prescription drugs, marijuana, alcohol, Ecstasy, cocaine, crack cocaine, crystal meth, inhalants, heroin, LSD, and Ritalin.
    They provide facts and statistics, describe how drugs work, and cover the mental and physical short-term and long-term effects the drugs create.
    Each booklet contains firsthand accounts from former users, talking about the misery of life on drugs. Experience and surveys show that teens and young adults are most likely to listen to their peers.
    Educators, police, religious leaders, community and youth groups use these booklets in their drug education and crime prevention endeavors, finding them an invaluable tool to communicate the dangers of drugs.
    A U.S. middle-school teacher commented, “The real-life stories captured the attention of all the students.” Another found the data to be “real, not just ‘textbook’ info.” A police officer serving as a school resource officer in Oregon said the materials are “priceless in painting a real picture of the dangers of the drug world for the students.”
    From reading the booklets, students realize that some of the unexplained mental and physiological changes they have experienced came from the drugs they have used. They are often surprised to find how much they didn’t know about various drugs.
    Volunteers have distributed more than 50 million Truth About Drugs booklets (http://bit.ly/tadbooklet0035prw) -- scilon links, sock up, etc in 20 languages. These fact-filled booklets inform and empower teens and young adults to make their own decisions to live drug-free.
    The Church of Scientology has published a new brochure, Scientology: How We Help—The Truth About Drugs, Creating a Drug-Free World, to meet requests for more information about the drug education and prevention initiative it supports. To learn more or to read a copy of the brochure, visit the Scientology website (http://bit.ly/tad0035prw) at http://www.scientology.org/antidrug. -- scilon links, sock up, etc
    About How We Help—the Truth About Drugs, Creating a Drug-Free World
    Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote, “The planet has hit a barrier which prevents any widespread social progress—drugs and other biochemical substances. These can put people into a condition which not only prohibits and destroys physical health but which can prevent any stable advancement in mental or spiritual well-being.”
    The Church of Scientology supports the Truth About Drugs, one of the world’s largest nongovernmental drug education and prevention campaigns. It has been conclusively proven that when young people are provided with the truth about drugs—factual information on what drugs are and what they do—usage rates drop commensurately.
    Press Contact: Karin Pouw
    Tel: (323) 960-3500
    Email: MediaRelations(at)ChurchofScientology(dot)net
  40. Sneak Moderator

Please remember to remove hyperlinks to Scilon sites and post them with a warning for other users in the future.