Customize

Computer hacks.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Shinizak, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinizak Member

Computer hacks.

I just got done reading Youfoundthecard.com and stuff (lots of anti-Co$ shit), when a pop up came up. It was a google search for "Private detectives," so I ran virus protection and crap. So now the question, I was wondering if they (Co$) can monitor the IPs of these sites, and if they can (and/or will) dig around in my hard drive?
  2. saerat Member

Re: Computer hacks.

theoretically they should not be able to. However you have a firewall yes?
  3. Anonymite Member

No, no, and no. You are giving the Co$ WAYYY too much credit. Run your virus scan, clear your cookies, and run a spyware/adware scan. you'll be fine.
  4. Shinizak Member

Thanks, pretend I know next to nothing about hacking. This was a big relief.
  5. saerat Member

I have it on good authority that you can't hack without steroids... well you can but you cannot hack so well that yellow vans explode around you while you do it :confused:
  6. waianon Member

The Co$ knows about as much as you do, by all accounts. I think the most recent word from the inside regarding THEIR OWN computer security is that they hired outside security experts that basically came in and told them "No, you're doin' it wrong." Apparently their security methods are at least five years out of date.
  7. anonawog Member

Yup.

If you are really worried, you can use a free online antivirus scan:

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

I've used it to help clean up newbie pcs that had no antispyware or substandard antivirus
  8. anonawog Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.