Customize

Concern at Scientology drugs packs for schools

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Triumph, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Triumph Member

Concern at Scientology drugs packs for schools

Maeve Sheehan
    Health officials raised concerns about a Church of Scientology-sponsored group that circulated glossy anti-drugs brochures to primary schools in Dublin's north inner city, records reveal.
    Internal emails disclose unease across the Department of Health and the Health Service Executive (HSE) about approaches made to schools and local drugs tasks forces by Foundation for a Drug Free World and Truth about Drugs, both of which are sponsored by Scientology. However, their links to the controversial "religion" were not disclosed in educational packs that were sent to schools.
    In an email last February, the co-ordinator of a drugs task force in Dublin wrote: "I have just received some very glossy looking training and workshop materials from the 'Church of Scientology' who apparently are conducting drug talks in schools in the north inner city of Dublin and are interested in spreading the word this direction. I am concerned about this."
    The coordinator proposed linking in with the Department of Health on the issue, "because if they haven't already, schools here will need to be approached. The materials are very enticing and I worry about the potential reach."
    more at link
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...ntology-drugs-packs-for-schools-36590481.html

more of Scientology pissing in the wind in Ireland
  2. BigBeard Member

Dropped a note to Independent.ie pointing them at the 2004 SFGate articles about $cientology trying to sneak their antidrug junk "science" into California schools. I also provided a link to the medical evaluation report done for the CA Dept of Education that got $cientology booted out of the schools.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Triumph Member