Customize

Confirmed: www.bultannews.com OUTING protesters!

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Unregistered, Jun 21, 2009.

1. From twitter: attempt to identify protesters

From twitter:

??? ?????????? ?? ????? ???? is trying to name protesters. Help stop them, flood them with false info!

Sadly enough, I cannot read Persian, can anyone confirm that this site is evil as it is claimed?
  2. baghalizer Member

3. this is the top portion:

4. sports sensual

If they do not take down the US-hosted site within the day, we'll take it down.

This is practically supporting their death if they are found.

Also, to the people saying that the US should not attack the site, because it is meddling with iranian affairs: THIS SITE IS IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition to that, many of us are NOT AMERICANS, this is people from all over the world! (I am not from America to begin with)
  5. DanX Member

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]IMPORTANT
    Basij has identified some of the demonstrators and showed pictures of Inside TV and gov Site.
    Plz protect these people INSIDE
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    http://www.bultannews.com/pages/?cid=14164
    6084_585.jpg
    6081_876.jpg
    6080_876.jpg
    6079_834.jpg
  6. anon.il Member

Several people called ThePlanet.com, were told to email abuse.

EMAIL abuse@theplanet.com - THEY DO INVESTIGATE

The more people do this, the merrier.
  7. the above is a link to the management team at the planet - names of the execs
  8. do not plan or ask about ddos here
  9. no DDoSing but I kinda wish.
  10. Cyberwar guide for Iran elections

Cyberwar guide for Iran elections
    #iranelection cyberwar guide for beginners

June 16, 2009 3:25 AM
    Yishay sez, "The road to hell is paved with the best intentions (including mine). Learn how to actually help the protesters and not the gov't in Iran."

The purpose of this guide is to help you participate constructively in the Iranian election protests through Twitter.

1. Do NOT publicise proxy IP's over twitter, and especially not using the #iranelection hashtag. Security forces are monitoring this hashtag, and the moment they identify a proxy IP they will block it in Iran. If you are creating new proxies for the Iranian bloggers, DM them to @stopAhmadi or @iran09 and they will distributed them discretely to bloggers in Iran.

2. Hashtags, the only two legitimate hashtags being used by bloggers in Iran are #iranelection and #gr88, other hashtag ideas run the risk of diluting the conversation.

3. Keep you bull$hit filter up! Security forces are now setting up twitter accounts to spread disinformation by posing as Iranian protesters. Please don't retweet impetuosly, try to confirm information with reliable sources before retweeting. The legitimate sources are not hard to find and follow.

4. Help cover the bloggers: change your twitter settings so that your location is TEHRAN and your time zone is GMT +3.30. Security forces are hunting for bloggers using location and timezone searches. If we all become 'Iranians' it becomes much harder to find them.

5. Don't blow their cover! If you discover a genuine source, please don't publicise their name or location on a website. These bloggers are in REAL danger. Spread the word discretely through your own networks but don't signpost them to the security forces. People are dying there, for real, please keep that in mind...

6. Denial of Service attacks. If you don't know what you are doing, stay out of this game. Only target those sites the legitimate Iranian bloggers are designating. Be aware that these attacks can have detrimental effects to the network the protesters are relying on. Keep monitoring their traffic to note when you should turn the taps on or off.

7. Do spread the (legitimate) word, it works! When the bloggers asked for twitter maintenance to be postponed using the #nomaintenance tag, it had the desired effect. As long as we spread good information, provide moral support to the protesters, and take our lead from the legitimate bloggers, we can make a constructive contribution.

Please remember that this is about the future of the Iranian people, while it might be exciting to get caught up in the flow of participating in a new meme, do not lose sight of what this is really about."

* Iran SMS networks "mysteriously" fail right before elections ...
    Iran SMS networks "mysteriously" fail right before elections - Boing Boing
    * Iran: Activists Launch Hack Attacks on Tehran Regime - Boing Boing
    Iran: Activists Launch Hack Attacks on Tehran Regime - Boing Boing
    Activists Launch Hack Attacks on Tehran Regime-original story on wired mag
    Activists Launch Hack Attacks on Tehran Regime | Danger Room | Wired.com
    NOTE to HACKERS
    Twitter / persiankiwi: NOTE to HACKERS - attack w ...
  11. Iranian Rap - Iran with Love and Peace...

saw on TV that they put Mousavis image on the statue of Cyrus the Great....
    hope this is ok - but I found this vid to have a certain charge that might be felt by the brave demonstrators in Teheran right now...
    I found the feeling in this vid suited the struggle in Iran today - and also for the Global community - trying to help...

its beatiful and have a strong charge.
    I dont understand the text - and hope it is ok under this circumstances.
    I hope it is appropriate for the ppl in Teheran right now..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9FVnQg7gyqo&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9FVnQg7gyqo&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Persian Cyrus the Great declared the first charter of Human rights known to mankind.
    Persia the land which slavery was forbidden Persia the land which freed Jews from slavery.
    Persia the land which woman had equal rights as man.
    Persia the land with first queens and top woman generals and rulers.
    Persia the land which his treasury and books were shipped by Alexander and other countries but still Persia exists and you see in every meter ground the
    footprint of our ancestors.
  12. tt23 Member

do not DDOS, though running slowris would not harm anyone (but the target)

$ slowris.pl -dns GERDAB.IR

Slowloris HTTP DoS
  13. Website with pics (asking for identification?)

This site has pics of protesters and seems to be asking for people to identify the protesters (I can only read through google translation) Please can anyone OUTSIDE Iran check?

??? ?????????? ?? ????? ????
  14. http://www.bultannews.com/pages/?cid=14164 <-- collecting humint on protestors

This website: ??? ?????????? ?? ????? ????

It's collecting human intelligence on protestors. Trying to intimidate people and find them so Basij thugs can track them down.

Not ripe for DDOS, but maybe someone can get in and delete their DBs?
  15. Neda: the true face of Iran

(images of Neda in life)
    Neda: the true face of Iran
    Neda: the true face of Iran - iReport.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. -- Gandhi

in memory of Neda
  16. the site has been take down.
  17. tt23 Member

18. post details, i'll start back writing emails.
  19. Got proof of that?? The site is still working from here, as are traceroutes to it.
  20. tt23 Member

Boranews.com [81.12.51.148] are Iran govt. friends :(
    address: Soroush Rasaneh Institute
    No 91, 5th East St., Seoul St.
    19959-63451 Tehran
    Iran, Islamic Republic of
    phone: +98 21 88607029
    fax-no: +98 21 88311505
    role: Sinet Technical Team
    address: Soroush Rasaneh Institute
    address: Tehran, IRAN 19959-63451
    address: No.91 , 5th East St., Seoul St.
    e-mail: ripe@sinet.ir
  21. tt23 Member

www.rahva.ir - dunno, someone have a look, but most likely also hopeless

$ whois 173.45.69.162
    [Querying whois.arin.net]
    [whois.arin.net]
    eNET Inc. ENET-XLHOST-2 (NET-173-45-64-0-1)
    173.45.64.0 - 173.45.127.255
    XLHost.com Inc XLHOST-RAMINI-4317 (NET-173-45-69-160-1)
    173.45.69.160 - 173.45.69.167
  22. tt23 Member

toorsh.blogfa.com (38.113.162.28) - the same ...
    $ whois 38.113.162.28
    [whois.arin.net]
    PSINet, Inc. PSINETA (NET-38-0-0-0-1)
    38.0.0.0 - 38.255.255.255
    PSINet, Inc. COGENT-NB-0002 (NET-38-112-0-0-1)
    38.112.0.0 - 38.119.255.255

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2009-06-21 19:21
  23. tt23 Member

however javannews.blogsky.com are the same guys as the site which went down - please write letters

$ whois 74.55.26.91
    [Redirected to rwhois.theplanet.com:4321]
    [Querying rwhois.theplanet.com]
    [rwhois.theplanet.com]
    %rwhois V-1.5:003eff:00 whois.theplanet.com (by Network Solutions, Inc. V-1.5.9.5)
    network:Class-Name:network
    network:ID:THEPLANET-BLK-14
    network:Auth-Area:74.52.0.0/14
    network:Network-Name:TPIS-BLK-74-55-26-0
    network:IP-Network:74.55.26.88/29
    network:IP-Network-Block:74.55.26.88 - 74.55.26.95
    network:Organization-Name:Fakhreddin
    network:Organization-City:Oxley
    network:Organization-Zip:2901
    network:Organization-Country:AUS
    network:Description-Usage:customer
    network:Server-Pri:ns1.theplanet.com
    network:Server-Sec:ns2.theplanet.com
    network:Tech-Contact;I:abuse@theplanet.com
    network:Admin-Contact;I:abuse@theplanet.com
    network:Created:20090312
    network:Updated:20090314

%referral rwhois://root.rwhois.net:4321/auth-area=.
    %ok
    :)
  24. tt23 Member

25. Hey guys, if abuse@theplanet.com doesn't seem to be working, put the heat on them publicly. Suitable information is here, feel free to tweet the PR addresses and the names of the executives.

26. tt23 Member

this is the original one run by IRG & friends, see earlier pages.

Thanks for the phone numbers, voicemail at Yvonne's, Cathy is picking up the phone, but she is not willing to do anything & hang up on me. Keep calling.
  27. 1. Call your local news agency
    2. Tell them what this site is being used for
    3. ?????
    4. Profit!
  28. Jack's Bullet Member

I told iDesk and octavianasrCNN about this. I hate joshlevs so i might not tweet him. HEY GIAS LET'S LOOK AT SOME TWEETS, JUST THIS SECOND!!
  29. so what are we doing about the sites that can't be taken down? how about spamming the comments box they're trying to rely on for tips with badly google-translated memes or something? bad idea as it might allow them to gather our IPs? Alot of us are already on their server logs..
  30. Perhaps using Slowloris HTTP DoS (Slowloris HTTP DoS) is one possible solution for the sites within Iran that are outing protesters? I'm not a techie, however, and so I don't know how to go about doing this. I also wonder whether this is the best solution. Anyone out there with more computer knowledge, what do you think? If it's possible to slow down the connection to these sites without affecting Internet traffic in Iran, I think we should act.
  31. tt23 Member

EDIT: no slowris!!! confirmed. SORRY!!

someone also please call theplanet.com. they still need to take down http://javannews.blogsky.com/
  32. shenasaee is still up and running. PLEASE send email to Google and urge them to shut down this site! Someone posted a letter earlier in this thread that you can cut and paste into an email and send it off to abuse@google.com
  33. tt23 Member

everyone report this site as objectionable by clicking the link at the top of the page.