Customize

consequences

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meep meep, Apr 17, 2014.

1. meep meep Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. White Tara Global Moderator

As a society we have an obligation to protect these people when they are in custody. It was an unreasonable thing to have left him in general population. This outcome could have been foreseen and prevented. We are not a civilised society if we stand back and allow jailhouse justice to replace real justice.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. amaX Member

It's actually a myth that child molesters are attacked in prison more than other offenders. The weak are attacked, hurt, and killed in prison. The strong rise to the top.

Only 191 inmates in custody when he was killed. Looks like it's a podunky jail that covers a tri-county area. I'll bet someone knew someone that knew this guy did this. Now he's gone. That's how it goes in podunky places.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. RavenEyes Member

It's actually not a myth. Male child sex offenders' lives are often made a living hell in prison. But, you're right about the weak part. Many are weak IRL any way, which is often why they prey on smaller humans - remember rape/molestation isn't about sex, it's ultimately about power and control. What makes them especially vulnerable in prison to abuse is that most prisoners have ties to children IRL..either children of their own, nieces/nephews, grandchildren, siblings on the outside.

I don't know about local jails, but in the US prison system, there are names for pedos, and you earn respect for harassing them. It doesn't mean they'll all be killed, no, but they ARE targeted and would all be probably be killed if there were no consequences.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. sallysock Member

Idk...
    I Drove Weev Home from Prison

Daniel Stuckey

@danstuckey daniel@motherboard.tv
    April 14, 2014 // 02:05 PM EST
    "Did you know they have special laws to protect kid-fuckers in federal prison?” Andrew Auernheimer asked me with a grin on his face. “I can't hit them, it's a five year felony if I do. We're not held to the same standard because the feds protect kid-fuckers, and don’t want them to have a bad time in prison.”
    http://motherboard.vice.com/read/i-drove-weev-home-from-prison
    • Like Like x 3
  6. amaX Member

this is another fact.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RavenEyes Member

My point is they're targeted - that's not a myth. I said they would likely be dead if there weren't consequences in place. Weev proves there are, and that there is protection for pedos. There wouldn't need to be protection if there weren't threats to that specific prisoner population, now would there?

It's not a myth that they're targeted...which is what I thought ama was saying. Perhaps I misread her post.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. amaX Member

That was what I was saying. I have friends and family who work in the prison system and they all confirm it's a myth. If child molesters are targeted it's because they are weak. They are also protected within the prison system itself. We'd all like to think that pedophiles pay extra while incarcerated, but it's not true.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. what about children killers?