Customize

Continuing the Big List of THOUSANDS of Former Members Who Spoke Out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by TrevAnon, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrevAnon Member

Ever since I wrote the article at John P. Capitalists' blog I point people to it so I don't have to explain the story of the big list.

Can we have a link to it on the big list itself (in the introduction)?

Something like: this link gives more details about the history of the big list

and then point to:

http://www.reasoned.life/2018/02/spotlight-on-anonymous-big-list/
  4. Incredulicide Member

It's a great article as far as the historic details go.

Umm.. there's just one thing.. incorrect old and soon to be broken links!: all the "Big List" links (and the link to the disconnection list in the "How the List Is Used Today" section, plus three other list links in the last paragraph of the "Coordinating with Other Lists" section) from that article are to wikia.com and it's relying on an active redirect to the current URL which is wikia.org but those redirects will all fail when the .com domain registration expires and the links will be broken. Both the "Qualifying a Name for Publication" and the "How to Contribute and How to Use the List" sections link to a previous WWP forum thread instead of this one for the latest updates. Finally the link to contact you at ESMB will need to change to www.exscn2.net

Are you able to get the article updated/edited with those URLs corrected? Otherwise I fear people clicking it who try to use it as a tutorial for adding names may become frustrated at all the breakage and give up.
  5. TrevAnon Member

6. Incredulicide Member

We have, and decided against it as he was gone before Scientology existed, so was certainly never a "former Church of Scientology member".
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Incredulicide Member

Ack! You caught it before I was finished adding the Aftermath episodes.. it's just time-consuming getting/uploading/adding in the thumbnails/summaries from IMDB, and I'm doing a little magic with links to archived versions of the videos from avalonlibrary.net/?dir=Leah_Remini_Scientology_and_the_Aftermath which also takes time but some are missing from there so thanks for the rutube link :)

One thing you can help with is testing if this magic link to Going Clear plays well or at all in various web browsers, both on desktop and mobile. I usually just ensure they work in Firefox.
  9. TrevAnon Member

A few additions I got from Jens Tingleff

French. I don't suppose you understand French? I'll ask if he can give some additional info here.

10. TrevAnon Member

11. Incredulicide Member

I'll be limiting the documentary list to current or pending entries on IMDB over 15 minutes in length and with more than just "talking heads" production, avoiding shorter single segments of a news show and single person interviews (excepting those that won an emmy). Other pages on the wiki can list those, such as the List of Today Tonight Scientology Videos.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. TrevAnon Member

15. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. TrevAnon Member

17. Incredulicide Member

Waybacked video
    • Like Like x 1