Customize

COS paid two private investigators millions to trail David Miscavige's rival

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Xenu Is Lord Member

I read the story, the question I posed is about w-2 or I-9. If you are company and paying someone you need to have one or the other. I-9's are used for contractors. Yes Scientology has to still keep records.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. anon walker Moderator

I'd like to see the little feller publicly buggered....and apparently it's a seekrit wish of his, too...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. anon walker Moderator

How can you say that? He's only been in court once iirc. I'm sure his fantasies have evolved since the "public buggery" outburst. Who knows what he might say this time?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

He might even decide he has a lack of mass and needs to demonstrate 'public buggery'
    Better make sure he has clay available.

or Tom
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. eddieVroom Member

I've sort of hit on this notion in other threads -- Hubbard wrote plenty of HCOPLs and stuff about moving the money uplines, and they consequently have a lot of it -- but there is no plan to do anything beyond paying it's lawyers and attack dogs, other than to hoard the stuff. The money will never come back downlines to support ailing orgs or anything else. KSW demands higher-pressure regging for that.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. another123 Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. DeathHamster Member

He was in court for the Ontario Snow White, and sang a song about how SHOCKED he was by those Guardian Office rogues. As one judge said to us, "if we knew then what we know now..." (And "now" was 1998, imagine now now!)
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bob Newhart Member

Did the P.I.'s expect to get paid for a billion years following Broeker throughout the gahlaxee lifetime after lifetime? That's a lot of clams.
    I know if I was in their position, and based on scientologies' own beliefs, that's what I would be expecting.
    Payment for eternity.
    and maybe toss in a squirrel-buster tee.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. another123 Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Random guy Member

... and with a knowledgeable opponent like Jeffries as well, I suppose it could become truly epic.

He'll settle though, as fast as he can.
  11. Anonymous Member

From WG's link at http://www.caller.com/news/2012/sep/21/latest-scientology-legal-battle-unfolds-in-bend/
    So, when Pouw does respond, what will she say? AFAIK these dudes aren't "bitter apostates".
    • Like Like x 1
  12. YouSeeNothing Member

Independent contractors would be 1099.
  13. vaLLarrr Member

Good stuff from TB Times again.

Let's see it picked up by international news channels.

The prospect of Little Napoleon Davey in the dock is awesome.

It's coming. Tick Tock Miscavige.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. YouSeeNothing Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. Xenu Is Lord Member

I stand corrected, thank you.
  16. Xenu Is Lord Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

If this lawsuit was filed in July, according to Pouw, in basic form and with no details, why wouldn't Miscavige make it go away at that point - knowing full well that it could lead to Pat Broeker, millions of dollars to PIs, Squirrel Busters, etc., etc.

This latest lawsuit says on the first page that it was filed on the September 12. Karen Pouw said they got it on Thursday (Sept. 20) - I guess it takes a week or so for Scientology to get a copy?

I'm not a lawyer so could someone else who is not a lawyer please explain these time lapses?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. another123 Member

This might be worth mentioning in the future to PI's, paid-cops, security guards that are encountered. Give them advice: "Hey, you better get your money up front [for doing this], look what happened to these guys...." . Seed that doubt. Let it spread.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

I postulate that these two guys will be able to retire comfortably in an Hawaiian mansion after immediate settlement. Don't miss the boat if you can find any way to sue the cult. They are running out of money.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Eudae Member

If they stopped paying them, it's possible they may have to really fight over whether or not they should risk a huge settlement. If you're being paid $30,000 a month, I can't imagine anything less than half a mil to settle things, and if they truly are in a financial crisis that's money that they really need.
  21. YouSeeNothing Member

Wasn't trying to correct you :)
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

LOL
    What I meant was, he'll do anything to avoid service.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Xenu Is Lord Member

And
    The best part is the evil midget just works his slave's harder and pushes his public for more money to make them pay for it and drives off even more people who then sue him even more.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  24. lostatsea Member

I dunno. IMO, fuck these slimy guys who could live their consciences while working for CoS for 25 years, while violating every aspect of the life of a private citizen (or citizens?) because they were getting paid well for it, and only taking issue over the fact that they stop getting paid.

I hope Pat Broeker, who clearly hasn't had one iota of privacy in 25 years, takes all of this info and sues the ever-living shit out of all of them (the cult, DM, the PIs), to whatever extent that he can.

But that's just me.

Bert Leahy, by contrast, didn't even last long enough to pick up a first paycheck from the cult after he saw what kind of work he was actually hired for.

PS. I'm glad the info is out, and I'm glad it's embarrassing to DM; I just don't want to see these guys rewarded further. Also, I'm in a ranty mood.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. jensting Member

Just not as important as David Miscavige being the alleged "third wheel" in Tom Cruise's marriage.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  26. YouSeeNothing Member

Perhaps they already tried to settle and, perhaps, these guys may actually want to do the right thing and drag Miscavige kicking and screaming into the light. Don't hold you breath.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

In the middle '80's I was told by a GO rep that they were discontinuing using their own loyal members for dirty tricks and spying and would only use PI's thereafter, paid of course. Rather a slap in the face or steamrolled. Should be many disgruntled apostates out here who's lives were in part ruined and disgraced. We do not forget!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. This sums up my reaction pretty much. It is more than 'ordinary' harassment to put a private person under surveillance for 20-odd years - more like persecution. I'd want to be compensated for each day I was spied on. I'd probably settle for the PIs day rate, plus a few million as punitive damages, just to teach Miscavige a lesson.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. DeathHamster Member

30. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 4
  31. Random guy Member

Nice, nice, nice!

There are some interesting, and at least to me, enlightening comments on the cults economy in the thread over at ESMB.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

32. David Miscavige was shocked, shocked I tell you at the behavior of the Guardian's Office, so shocked that Scientology even changed their name (not their abusive covert operations) to The Office of Special Affairs.

GO = OSA Go OSA, GO - GO
    • Like Like x 3
  33. YouSeeNothing Member

Maybe the sheriff can take a slight detour through RPF when he serves Slappy.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Maybe the Squirrel Busters were an early manifestation of being broke.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. BigBeard Member

$cilon spokeshole: "It's all a scam by a couple of money grubbing apos...Ummm, errr, what'chu mean they were never members?? Then it's all a scam by a couple of money grubbing lawyer's PI's...Umm, errr, they weren't working for our lawyers??? Then it's all a, a, a, go ask the COB, 'cause I don't have a clue."

KaPow was smart with her 'no comment'.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

Travolta was on the BBC today saying there should be laws to protect the privacy of celebs. My irony meter melted.
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  37. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

From Karen #1 on the esmb thread. Maybe I have underestimated her...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Ron B DED Member

I'm guessing Scientology will have these PI's paychecks filed in accounting as something like "building maintenance contact" or other such innocuous-sounding name.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  40. Ron B DED Member

• Like Like x 1