Customize

COS paid two private investigators millions to trail David Miscavige's rival

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2012.

1. tigeratbay Member

2. Anonymous Member

yeah John, maybe you should stop going to spas where public people go to get your freak on?
    And on cruises?
    just a thought
  3. Anonymous Member

WANTED ~~ URGENT
    RTC and David Miscavige urgently seeking, ex-Department of Justice employees ex-Secret Service, ex-FBI, Ex Law Enforcement with minimum 20 year records, Ex-Federal Prosecutor for immediate high salary work.

The Church of Scientology may need you as PIs to follow and stalk existing PIs, but the pay is good.

Only LAW ENFORCEMENT with impeccable credentials need apply , and if you have inside connections that will help do cover-ups on the Church, salary will be proportionate....

Due to recent events, immediate openings are available. Your entire Life history will need to be written up including all previous sexual experiences, WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and for HOW LONG.

If you have had a homosexual experience, do not apply.

Office of Special Affairs
    6331 Hollywood Boulevard.
    Los Angeles 90029

Link please. I've scanned through a dozen ESMB pages trying to find this ^ and no luck so far.
  4. Anonymous Member

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28682-Tampa-Bay-Times-Entheta-Tsunamis/page4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

lol
  8. Anonymous Member

......and stop promoting a religion that hires private investigators to watch former members.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Thanks, reading through the posts that follow Karens, there is some discussion about the possibility that the COS's coffers may be approaching empty.

I was wondering, with regard to this pausity of cash assets about paying away this lawsuit, and all the other pending lawsuits especially Narconnon related ones. Assuming that they lose all the suits and are obliged to pay out signifigant sums of money, could liquidation of real estate occur to satisfy these debts? Or are non monetary assets protected from liquidation as they are property of a "church"

I may be overly optimistic but I just wish the church as a whole would come crashing down in such a spectacular fashion that would see it with not a pot to piss in.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jeff Jacobsen Member

When you see Scientology selling property, then know they are getting short on cash. Until then, I would think they're doing ok.

"Boys, I like you. I'm going to give you $33,000 a month of Scientology's money. Every month. And when you feel it is proper in your heart, you could perhaps let me know what Pat Broeker is up to."
  11. Anonymous Member

Can any long-time exes confirm that? (One wonders how Marty would know since Broeker was working with Hubbard directly for years, and Hubbard could wave his chubby hand and add Scientology: The Gathering levels just like that!)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. jensting Member

I expect this settled by Monday lunchtime. At least there shouldn't be a need for any speculation as to whether the plaintiffs will accept a gag order :(
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. anonysamvines Member

yes but how has the church explained it in accounts? why would they want the PIs to set up a corp if it wasn't for accounting shenanigans?
    I bet Mitch has a little more clout with the IRS (and other important people and agencies) than anons, and he has motive now to use it.

and i sure hope Ray really stiffs them moneywise on top for the no disclosure agreement cos of course they will settle.
    and that the tampa bay boys get a good interview first, it is in the P I's interest to get at least some more of the story out there to boost Co$'s eagerness to settle at any cost
    • Like Like x 1
  14. YouSeeNothing Member

If the Church didn't claim the expenses, the PIs sure did. Says they paid taxes on all cult income in the story, when you're a 1099er you're responsible for filing your own taxes and that includes the EIN number of the company that paid you. If the church didn't file the PIs 1099s the omission would be glaring.

The PIs had to form a corp. as the Homeland Seucity Act makes the transfer of large sums of money to individuals very difficult now.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Attention all other CoS-employed PIs:

THEY DROP LOOT!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Gottabrain Member

Marty knew the Broekers at least since the time they were all at the ranch (all the big guns were there after the death, not sure who arrived when beforehand) and during the power struggles afterward. Both Jesse Prince and Marty say this. Marty was at the LRH is Dead event, where the Broekers spoke, and they stood all together with DM as the "current management structure". Marty had sided with DM and that mgmt body pushed the Broekers out of the picture - Marty was DM's enforcer so probably did it personally. Marty also recovered Annie Broeker once, per his own blog. So yeh, Marty would know. Actually, beyond the PIs and Pat Broeker's family, Marty probably knows more about Pat Broeker than anyone outside DMs current inner circle.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

But Marty never even met Hubbard in person.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. anonysamvines Member

better still stop spilling ya guts in auditing - each time you do that you give Co$ more stuff to fairgame you with each time you think of blowing. Does anyone not realise that those last "masseurs" were Co$ set ups, deliberately set to fail while acting as a warning of what will come if you blow.

And even better John , realise that not only do people not care about ya proclivities beyond a little gossip (it is ok to be openly gay now honest) BUT if you do blow and spill all on Co$ then the sympathy and kudos will all go your way and actually boost your rating. You will be the hero then.

FREE YOURSELF, your kids and others John.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. wolfbane Member

I agree the Church's likely response will be to push for a fast settlement, but the seven different causes of action listed make those waters murky. IANAL but there seems to be meat here that could also be pursued by a prosecutor if the a civil case is dropped (eg: fraud, plus the time range factor shows over 20 yrs of investigation with no tangible lawsuit produced as a result. Broeker would have an easy case for stalking and harassment if he would step forward.)

I also can't help but marvel at the size of legal team the PIs assembled and had sign the bottom of the complaint. Sure seems like Mr. Marrick and Mr. Arnold are prepared for a long drawn out battle. Is this not the first lawsuit with a line of lawyers squaring off against the cult we've seen since Wollersheim?

But the gag order, is an interesting point. The complaint says there was never anything in writing. So unlike the "you broke the gag order, bawwwwl" accusations heaped on Debbie Cook when she spoke up, that doesn't really apply here. And if the PIs had no written contract, the only way Scientology can fight back and say they broke a contractual obligation is to admit the PIs were indeed hired to do what they said they did.

If a settlement is reached quickly, I expect the usual gag order won't be enough in this matter that boldly names Miscavige as "The ursurper" (LOL). So I'm thinking we might see a throwback to lawfare tactics of yesteryear when the cult had bigger teeth: withdrawn complaint + public retraction of everything that was stated.

Although I hope ^^NOT. It would be a damn shame to see a legal team that size go to waste. :rolleyes:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. wolfbane Member

I'm a 1099er. And I have paid my own taxes on my incomes as a sole proprietor, a LLC and an S-corp. The "corp" is only necessary/helpful for liability reasons and getting health insurance. As long as the 1099s are being cut, the difficulty on the money transfers is on the persons receiving it - not the business entity making the payment. And the dox say that when the related banking laws changed their payments came through a law firm = problem solved for Scientology.
  21. YouSeeNothing Member

Makes me wonder if the cult was even reporting the original payments prior to the forming of the corporation. The church could have easily paid them under the table prior to 9/11, but the feds made it tough on transferring large sums afterwards.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Jeff Jacobsen Member

What if Pat Broeker knew about the PIs all along, and was messing with them all this time? Poor DM spending all that money for bad info.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. YouSeeNothing Member

Would the PIs have anything to lose by informing Pat when the payments stopped? No contract, no obligation to not inform the subject?
  24. YouSeeNothing Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

If the PIs had a business entity name, wouldn't the payments by Co$ be made to the business name, and not require a 1099? For ex., if my business pays my attorney $5,000, I don't give the attorney a 1099 at the end of the year.
  26. YouSeeNothing Member

They were getting paid prior to incorporating at a later date.
  27. wolfbane Member

When the banking laws first changed, I was getting paid large sums from a nationally known corporation quarterly and it was huge PITA for me. The bank reported me to the feds on every deposit, and the feds froze the first couple checks. I had to get a written statement from my client explaining the long term contractual arrangement we had in addition to providing copies of said contracts and switching to a monthly billing cycle to keep the dollar amount lower just to appease the nosey powers that be. Despite all that hassle, I still got audited by the IRS on my next annual tax return as did every other self-employed white collar contractor I knew at that time making a decent income.

My client was shocked, and even found it comical, that I had so much hassle when they hadn't heard a peep about it on their end. I had to get my attorney to send their legal department a letter practically begging for the written statement to get the US Dept. of Treasury hag off my back because the corporation disregarded my personal request through management channels since they couldn't imagine why I would need such a thing done and just kept fwd'ing me copies of the 1099s they filed.

So again - the scrutiny, hassle and obligation for proof ALWAYS falls on the recipients of large sums of cash. Not the entities making the payment/transfer. So our fk'd up banking system was in the cult's favor after the laws changed and against the self employed PIs working a job without a contract and written proof of why they were receiving the payments. And how dafuq they got around the banking hassles that were common back then, is likely just one of many fascinating stories the PIs could tell.
  28. anonysamvines Member

except
    the law firm has to come up with a reason why it was paying them with no specific contract etc. and at the same time removes the plausible deniability which was the whole reason for no paperwork in the first place.
    Nor does it stop investigation into how lolyers/Co$ ran it through the books - the PIs have given traceable amounts and dates if they filed their taxes correctly . It also appears that they ran the pre corp payments through the books legally too.

I would bet my bottom dollar that the PI's have copies, notes and details of every last little thing. They would have to be incredibly stupid not to have covered themselves that way. Im/Amoral and shady they maybe but they aren't that stupid - nor are their lawyers, they are well aware of how Co$ and slappy operate.

I sure hope that Pat can sue over this both as a criminal and civil suit. Then even if Co$ settle this case fast and with a very expensive gag order (as we expect it to) that evidence will be available to him under discovery I believe.

Where are all the lawfags this fine weekend?
  29. YouSeeNothing Member

I'm picking up what you're dropping. I too have been a 1099er for 15 years and just had to go through hoops to get a large check from a Canadian client deposited in my account. When I mentioned the hassle, they had no clue what I was talking about. This could turn out to be very interesting if the church wasn't reporting prior to 9/11 or the PIs incorporation. Though, we should be able to review their 990 and see if there were any large sums equalling the estimated payments made yearly to outside contractors. I understand that DM was in charge but were the checks coming from the RTC? Thanks.
  30. wolfbane Member

Not necessarily. Nobody would question it unless the lawfirm got audited and investigated for some major reason. Balance Sheets and Profit & Loss statements roll everything up to nondescript line items.

And creative accounting practices are totally legit when it comes to service-related expenses. Eg: I personally pay a colleague for private co-lease web hosting as a business expense. We have no contract, he is not incorporated plus only has a DBA name registration for his web hosting company, and I cut him no 1099 because of the way my accountants classify that expense. So again, once the banking laws changed and they bounced the money transfers through a law firm, it was easy to bury the PIs earnings on Scientology's end of things.
  31. Anonymous Member

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  32. wolfbane Member

Nope - not possible. RTC is a registered as a religious corporation. So they get cut major slack on filing requirements and all the messy details related to income vs. expenses that real corporations need to report get brushed under the rug because of their non-profit status.
  33. RightOn Member

and this is just two of the slimy PI's that were paid for watching Pat.
    Imagine what the COS is spending on the rest of the people they are watching!
    IAS regging is to pay for PI's to watch people
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Pretty much this, but I would add that she thinks she is LRH's daughter, that Marty is her husband but has been replaced by an imposter, the LRH that died in the camper was an imposter and that she was born in an underwater CoS encampment or something. Also, did we mention that she is batshit crazy?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

This is a duplicate post, from
    http://whyweprotest.net/community/t...sue-a-book-proposal-about-scientology.105140/

From Facebook:

Tony Ortega shared a link via Tony Ortega.

12 minutes ago

Wow, what a story coming out of Texas this week that reveals Scientology leader David Miscavige paid something like $12 million over the last 24 years to have two ex-cops watch his old rival, Pat Broeker. And now, those two private eyes are suing Miscavige and the church! Take a look at the story I wrote about it at the biggest newspaper in Texas, the Dallas Morning News!

Texas lawsuit: Scientology leader paid private investigators millions to monitor former rival - The Dallas Morning News

“It’s a multi-state action, and I would expect that Scientology might answer by trying to move it somewhere else or taking it to federal court,” Jeffrey said. He filed a preliminary version of the lawsuit on July 29, and a more detailed amended complaint on Thursday. The church has until Oct. 1 to make an answer.

"Tony Ortega is a New York freelance writer."

www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20120923-texas-lawsuit-scientology-leader-paid-private-investigators-millions-to-monitor-former-rival.ece
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  36. RightOn Member

"Tony O NY freelance writer" still hitting them out of the park!
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  37. anonysamvines Member

yep
    unless they got investigated for some reason!!
    exactly what was and is being counted on in so many cases.

and those reasons are piling up. Have been for years and are coming thicker and faster all the time.
    With more and more traceable leads to start from.
    It is never going to be one thing that causes Co$'s downfall but the accumulation of all these footbullets and exposure of the methods used.
  38. Aurora Member

From the Dallas Morning News Tony O article:
    • Like Like x 2
  39. wolfbane Member

Keep in mind though, when it comes to financial + taxes investigations, a business is only required to keep 5 years of records. So when the shit runs deep like it does with Scientology, there is NOT a lot of long term historical digging that can be done. It has been over 5 years since the PIs fees went above aboard on the law firm's books. So there isn't room for explosive findings in that regard - too much time has past.
  40. :).

This.
    I assume that contacts with the Pi's/handlers/lawyers would have been done over the phone,to leave a minimum papertrail.
    But phone conversations can be taped and phone records looked at.
    Also the pi's own notes and vid footage.