Customize

COS registers Marty & Mike Domain Names, causing consumer confusion.

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, Jun 25, 2010.

1. tikk Member

Re: COS registers Marty & Mike Domain Names, causing consumer confusion.

Domain names have far less intrinsic value than they once were thought to have, as best evidenced by the $7.5m purchase of business.com by a group including Scientologist & Earthlink co-founder Sky Dayton; the company formed to utilize business.com finally went bankrupt. It seems like Scientology is always behind the internet curve so it shouldn't surprise that their strategy appears to be holding onto domain names out of fear that someone will use one against them. The calculus changes when one of those domain names suddenly gains value simply because someone else wants it. As soon as Mike and Marty left, their named domain names became leverage, or future bargaining chips.
  2. Lorelei Member

Good point.

Some domains can be set up by your hosting company or whatever to send all mail addressed to "[any prefix]@domainnamehere.com" on to the domain-holder. Expecting a recent Sci (?) to know and expect that as a default setting for all domains, though, seems odd.

Do ANY of the parked M&M domains have a placeholder page with a "Contact Us" link?
  3. lothar Member

I am sick of this mindless, brainless re-puking of Marty Marty Marty garbage.

Use a fucking brain and question shit you read on the internet before you spread your paranoid stupid ESMB/OCMB shit around.

Literally 30 seconds of confirming any of this story will make you realize it is all bullshit. The cult registered these two public entity names back in 2002.
    Domain Name:MIKERINDER.ORG
    Created On:08-Jun-2002 18:20:27 UTC

Domain Name:RINDERMIKE.ORG
    Created On:09-Jun-2002 05:32:43 UTC

Domain Name:RATHBUNMARK.ORG
    Created On:09-Jun-2002 04:46:58 UTC

Domain Name: MARKRATHBUN.COM
    Creation Date: 08-jun-2002

Domain Name: MARTYRATHBUN.COM
    Creation Date: 08-jun-2002

You are falling for Marty spins and lies, as I'm sure Mike RInder was involved in grabbing up these domain names in 2002 so that they couldn't be misused by "big pharma"... They know this is all from years ago.
  4. Anonymous Member

That is what they are hoping he will do. Waste time fighting this instead of talking to the media and getting people to quit and join him.
  5. tikk Member

It doesn't matter that they were registered in 2002 with respect to whether a trademark law question exists now. Both Rinder and Rathbun have a more valid claim to those domains than does Scientology and would very likely be able to obtain them if they chose to waste their time and resources doing so. Only if both contending parties had equally valid claims to the domain names would it matter when they were registered and by whom.
  6. Anonymous Member

It was in March 2002 that CoS tried to make Internet its bitch. Didn't go as planned.
  7. Anonymous Member

Sigh. Right, they planned all this back in 2002, "Let's ensure Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder, our current high-ranking staff members, fight for these domain names eight years down the road, instead of recruiting people in their yet-to-be independent movement."
  8. lothar Member

Blah blah blah.

I could really give less a shit about JoeSmith and his fight for JoeSmith.com. The point is that both MR & MR knew the cult did this and approved of it back when they were in the cult.

Marty knows perfectly well this happened EIGHT FUCKING YEARS AGO. And is now pretending that the cult is trying to trick people and hijack his supporters because now he is a "good guy".

It is all bullshit and doesn't deserve space or attention. Boo fucking who. Back when the cult was locking down domain names for their heir apparents everyone was on board. Now that they have gotten past their Stockholm Syndrome they are lying about poor poor marty and how the big bully is all up in their shit. They used to hold their ankles and beg to be penetrated for years, now they claim they never really liked it even though they used to moan and always beg for more.
  9. themadhair Member

Pretty much this.
  10. tikk Member

I'm hardly a Marty defender, and could personally care less about what happens with all this; I too roll my eyes when Marty paints himself as the victim and enrolls everyone in his personal army. But the matter whether the registration of domain names affects the validity of the claim seems to be a matter of some confusion in this thread. Apologies for boring you.
  11. lothar Member

Also, while I'm at it... The truth is this was related to Lisa McPherson flap and trying to "make it go right"(TM) with the media and fucking lying and destroying evidence related to a girl's death.

But like a good cult-leader-in-training, Marty lies and tricks his minions for something evil and shitty he once did and turns it into how he is under attack and need to circle the wagons.

Marty:
    Damn straight Marty. Don't connect those dots about how you wanted to make sure you controlled all aspects of Lisa McPherson death in the news and on the internet.

You don't get it Marty you fucking scum bag. Quit talking about Lisa McPherson and bringing up the shit you did unless you want to exercise full disclosure. Mike and you know about lots of shit you chose to keep quiet on because you don't want to fatally wound your stalking horse cult takeover.
  12. lothar Member

For reference news articles from 2002..
    Tampabay: How Scientology turned its biggest critic
    Tampabay: The CEO and his church
    Tampabay: Scientology foes continue rancor
    Tampabay: Church's leading foes split bitterly
    Scientology turncoat taken to task

Also, why doesn't honest Marty point out WHO WAS IN CHARGE of this internet operation back in 2002?? And is Scientology REALLY targeting Rinder & Rathbun?

Code:
    Domain Name: HeberJentzsch.com
    Created:2002-06-08

Domain Name: McshaneWarren.com
    Created:2002-06-09

Domain Name: WeilandKurt.com
    Created:2002-06-09
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Domain Name:	MISCAVIGE-DAVID.COM
    Creation Date:	 03-feb-2004

Domain Name:	DAVE-MISCAVIGE.COM
    Creation Date:	 03-feb-2004

Domain Name: LafayetteRonHubbard.com
    Created: 2004-01-14
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Domain Name: LOYALSCIENTOLOGY.COM
    Created on: 04-Jul-00

Domain Name:	LRONHUBBARD-SUCKS.COM
    Creation Date:	 23-nov-2000	

Domain Name:	SCIENTOLOGYCULT.ORG
    Created On:	20-Nov-2000 18:22:28 UTC

Domain Name:	ScientologyBusters.com
    Created:2001-05-15  

Domain Name:	LEAVINGSCIENTOLOGY.COM
    Creation Date:	 27-may-2005
    As you can see, McShane, Heber Jentzsch, Weiland... All of those names were registered at the same time??? Why would that be?

Why was Davey not registered until a 2004 flurry when he was previously otherwise unknown? Clearly it is all some elaborate plot to hijack Marty pristine reputation and black street cred.
  13. Anonymous Member

Most of these were after the registration. What was before though, were Scientology's attempt to pull the plug on xenu.net, March/April 2002. I suspect the domain name registrations were just part of then-CoS plan to "handle" the internet: Scientology Church fights Google
  14. lothar Member

The truth is that Kha Khan is spreading this bullshit and is a Marty apologist and I'm really getting sick of it.

Read this post

This rings true:
    The fact is that McShane, Heber Jentzsch, Weiland, Rathbun, Rinder domains were all registered June 8 & 9th 2002. It seems that someone, and I'm guessing Rinder or Rathbun ordered the registration of those domains. davidmiscavige and variants were not snapped up until 2004. So clearly DM did not order someone to snap up CSI exec domains and leave his own name off.

So now you have Rathbun knowing full well he is lying eight years later and trying to frame himself a victim of his own shit.

Marty is censoring anyone posting anything that hints at 2002 or that DM isn't wasting money trying to go after Marty and steal his peoples. I challenge anyone to post to Marty's blog and not have it removed that points out he did this eight years ago and it isn't just MR & MR.

Kha Khan instead tries to tell people to not believe the above quoted account which rings true and tries this sheepish defense of Rathbun.
    Marty is a liar and huckster and he learned it all in the cult. The minute anything is posted to his followers that point out his lies, deceptions, or make anyone think for themselves it gets baleeted. The only narrative allowed is DM is bad, poor Marty is being abused.
  15. Kha Khan Member

Really?

Oh really?:
    Marty hasn't allowed any posts on the 2002 issue?:
    Yep, Marty has allowed absolutely no commenting on the 2002 registration of the relevant domains:
    It is absolutely unforgivable that Marty censors all comments to the effect that the COS has owned the domain since 2002:
  16. failboat Member

021109-slap-fight1.jpg
  17. lothar Member

What is your point? Marty censors the hell out of his blog. I'm sorry you've drank the flavor aid.

Marty will not allow a comment that says:
    * Marty you knew about this eight years ago
    * DM didn't grab these domains as Marty implies to hijack Marty comm lines
    * Marty is misleading people with his boo-hooing about these domain names
    * Mike or Marty probably actual were in charge and ordered these domains to be registered
    (*** NOTE: it might be possible DM allowed domains with his name to expire and then re-registered them in 2004 for some control issues, but this doesn't make much technical sense)

To the best of my knowledge, Guillaume Leserve, Shelley Miscavige, Mark Yager were never registered, gregwilhere.com was and then expired, ronniemiscavige.com was registered and expired. (I don't know if Patty has actual records or not)

Also, I did find one DM domain that was in the same June 2002 date, so I stand corrected about DM not including his name theory:
    Code:
    davemiscavige.com
    Created:2001-08-16

davemiscavige.org / .net
    Created:2002-06-08

david-miscavige.org / .net 
    Created:2003-06-26
    david-miscavige.com
    Created:2004-01-14
    dave-miscavige.com / .org / .net
    Created:2004-02-04
    davidmiscavige.com / .org / .net
    Created:2000-04-27
  18. JohnnyRUClear Member

Thanks for keeping us posted, KK. Looking forward to how this one plays out, especially seeing the posts from multiple "whistleblowers" over there.....
  19. Kanonimus Member

I <3 U
  20. Re: COS registers Marty & Mike Domain Names, causing consumer confusion.

Whale, it's a goood investmeant...lyke spending parishionur money to hire PIs and clogging the cort systim with bogus clames against good people.
  21. anoninoob Member

This is good ammo for any future investigative reporting (read; Anderson Cooper and Today Tonight).

"Why did your chirch register the domain names of one of your critics?"

'poons!!!
  22. Anonymous Member

Do you people even read this thread??? These were registered long before Marty ever left so....this good ammo for what exactly?
  23. Anonymous Member

fixed