Customize

Counterknowledge Editorial: It is time for the authorities to take Scientology’s quac

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Counterknowledge, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Counterknowledge Editorial: It is time for the authorities to take Scientology’s quac

[...] how easy it is for us to laugh at Scientology - at the ridiculous space opera stories; the E-meters, and the obviously bogus science.

But a child has just died. Whether or not his death was accelerated by the tenets of Scientology, it seems certain that while he was alive, his quality of life was severely impaired by parents who hid him because they were ashamed of him, who were unaware of his death for several hours (his body was discovered by a caretaker), and who denied him the treatment he needed, all as a result of their faithfulness to the principles of Scientology.

It is time that the authorities took the Church of Scientology’s quackery seriously [...]

More: Jett Travolta: It is time for the authorities to take Scientology’s quackery seriously - Counterknowledge.com
  2. Optimisticate Member

Re: Counterknowledge Editorial: It is time for the authorities to take Scientology’s

//APPLAUSE//
  3. Anonynamefag Member

4. number 6 Member

Re: Counterknowledge Editorial: It is time for the authorities to take Scientology’s

Great job Milo. It's better than what I could write. In fact, I wasn't even sure I should write something on Jett's death.

Just wait till the autopsy report comes out, then maybe there will be something newsworthy.
  5. Re: Counterknowledge Editorial: It is time for the authorities to take Scientology’s

The thing is, it's NOT just the cult, (although they are our primary interest here) and the issue would be changing each state's religious exemption laws as that is where the fatal flaw lies.

Please see this collection of deaths most of which are specifically due to the religious exemption laws. (also please note that I did not find scientology deaths listed there because their neglect is kept hidden within their confines, as would be those of most fundi LDS believers)

What's the harm in being a child?

I found that in the case of religious neglect cases that if I clicked on the READ MORE option I would be taken to a page that consisted solely of those types of deaths.
  6. Optimisticate Member

The sentiment is spreading: Jett Travolta: Time to Audit Scientology's Anti-Medicine Stance