Customize

County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by RavenEyes, Nov 26, 2008.

1. King Nerd Member

Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

There shouldn't be a distinction.
  2. Skeptic1337 Member

Why even waste your time on that. The issue is not an Anonymous or Scientology issue. A local government wishes to ban peaceful assembly which is guaranteed by the US consitution with no redress (ie permits).

Stop falling for their game, it doesn't matter if it was the KKK wanting to protest the CoS as US citizens they still have a right to do so.

Don't fall for the red herring.
  3. King Nerd Member

Excellent point.
  4. Zak McKracken Member

Anonymous pir8s.
    They see what they liek, and they take it.

Don't expect them to thank the galleons they've plundered-
    they yell ARRGH and move on to the next target.

sign-tech, flyer-tech, marching-tech, letter-tech;
    cheap and easy b00ty.

Picketing armed and hostile millitary installations generates: lulz and heroes.
    Not so cheap, and not much room for error.

I can't tell if the current Gold picketing efforts are softening up the target for Anonymous raiding, or making it more rabid and more dangerous, but-
    It was not safe before. It is not safe now. It might not be safe in the future.

Smrt or dum, yuo guies are the Vikings who fuck shit up that [other] [anons] can't begin to fuck yet.

1.5 internets -----> yuo
  5. Zak McKracken Member

There both is, and isn't a distinction.
    [some] Anonymous distinguish the two.
    [some] Chanologists distinguish the two.
    [some] get butthurt and enraeged at people who distinguish.

GTFO with your shoulds and shouldn'ts plox
  6. Evil Zoe Member

Yes, yes, and YES.

THIS is key and Buster and Wilson know it, which is why things went the way they did at the meeting.
  7. MrNiceNice Member

xx
  8. AnonLover Member

9. terryeo2 Member

Perhaps the county board needs to see all of the slimy things that this cult has tried to do to stop protests WORLD-WIDE:

*ANONORANGE VID/OTHER NEW VIDS ADDED* - Scientology Hate Crimes DVD Project - Marcab

When the DVD is done, I think a copy should be handed to this board, and any other municipalities that believe everything that the cult is telling them.
  10. muldrake Member

Volokh Conspiracy post

Did a search and didn't see this here:

The Volokh Conspiracy - Unconstitutional Residential Picketing Ban:

It goes on from there to analyze the constitutionality of similar ordinances, and concludes that this ordinance isn't. Prof. Eugene Volokh is a respected constitutional scholar.

As an aside, the point of arguing before the Board that the picketers currently doing whatever they're doing are NOT like the KKK or Nazis is that it's better that they NOT pass this ordinance and then start hauling people off to jail. If they think there's a KKK/Nazi type situation, they're going to say "Fuck it, we'll pass it and let them sue if they don't like it." If they don't, they might not. It's better not to have it get passed at all than to have it get passed and have to go to jail over it or stop picketing. Not ending up in court unnecessarily is a good idea.

It's a lot easier to stop an unconstitutional ordinance from getting passed in the first place than it is to get it taken back off the books by a lengthy court battle once it has been passed. Also, you don't have to do it from jail, always a plus.
  11. LilDebbie Member

y'know, if people like jeff stone are going to bring up a bunch of ED and chan posts in order to black PR us, we should probably put together a little collage of fun, racist, and genocidal sayings of l. ron, preferably with audio.

not to present on our own, but to use in response to such allegations. that'll get them to stfu over content when discussing civil liberties.
  12. xenubarb Member

That's a fun idea...include Scilon quotes like the Israeli scilon: "Why would we kill pets when we could kill YOU?"
  13. Olrik Member

"Nice" one, yes. And to it, Anon could reply : Why should you kill me. Just get an OT8 and make me disappear ! No? You can't? Too bad! I thought LRH said OTs were able to control reality... well well... someone is lying to you don't you think ?

Enturbululz.

/sidenote
  14. restim Member

Here's the entire Dec 9 discussion of the picketing ordinance, recoded as divx.

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4568058/rivercide-supervisors-2008-12-09.avi.4568058.TPB.torrent

Running time is 37:29, definitely tl;dr. Maybe someone good with video editing (that rules me out immediately) would be willing to ruthlessly trim from that and upload the result to youtube.
  15. TheBitch Member

Dunno, but I found it very strange that they PRESSED HARD to find out whether people were "Anonymous," but asked nobody whether or not they were members of $cilontology.

/me thinks we need to make Riverside, CA into as much of a joke as TommyBoy.

I've already started using them and Clearwater on blogs as examples of what not to do unless you want you government co-opted, your courts clogged with litigation, and basic development halted until they've had enough time to depress real estate markets in their immediate vicinity by dragging on "renovations" for years and years.
  16. Anonylemmi Member

17. A.Non Hubbard Member

Maybe we can ride the Rod Blagojevich wave when it comes to corruption in government
  18. DeathHamster Member

19. Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

An interesting piece from the North County Times, journalist writes a balanced article:

STRICKLAND: Those pesky freedoms

STRICKLAND: Those pesky freedoms : North County Times - Californian

20. A.Non Hubbard Member

Stone has effectively been castrated.
  21. Optimisticate Member