Customize

County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by RavenEyes, Nov 26, 2008.

1. RavenEyes Member

Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

Guard stood by her to "assist" her in quieting down - nothing in post said anon was verbally to be quiet. Technique is called "proximity control". (It's used by Kindergarten teachers and court guards around the globe.)
  2. Skeptic1337 Member

Yeah I'm not hearing her in the vids but it's 3 hours long and the hearing was 40 mins. I don't have the patience to watch the whole thing. Since his source asserted there was a STFU moment figured they could point out where. I skimmed watched it, didn't see it or hear it.
  3. RavenEyes Member

Yeah it was tl;dw for me, too. Wish someone would edit it for those of us with ADHD issues.
  4. King Nerd Member

What about AO's faggotry? Any classy stills we can shoop for lulz?
  5. reznik Member

flaxseedoil1000 ? zomg OSA?
  6. DeathHamster Member

Was this a known Anonymous (heh)? Sending their own people in to act like crazies for the other side is an old CoS tactic.

Well, I can hope.
  7. King Nerd Member

Viewing Thread Namefags wanted.
    Total Posts

/tinfoil
  8. sock Member

Can someone please upload a rip of the video. I'm having difficulty accessing it, even via US-based proxies.

Media Gateway Presentation

Edit: disregard/cocks, works on IE but a download link would be appreciated.
  9. XenuLovesU Member

Time summary provided by Sea Horse on OCMB:

10. sock Member

From OCMB: "I'd like to tell on myself a little here and put a stop to a rumor being circulated elsewhere. During Stone's presentation designed to villianize the protesters by villianizing Anonymous, at around 1:40 you hear him admonishing a woman to pipe down. That woman was me. When I realized where Stone was trying to take the Supervisors I said very loudly, "That has nothing to do with the protesters!!!" A female deputy came over to me and said if I spoke up again I would have to leave. I said, "I understand," and that was that.

Afterward, I apologized to the Supervisors for my outburst -- but I certainly don't regret it. The distinction needed to be made that those disgusting images portrayed in Scientology propaganda have absolutely nothing to do with the protesters at Gold."
  11. Skeptic1337 Member

Ok so 1:40. kthx
  12. King Nerd Member

Lolwut?

THEN WHY DID THOSE FAGGOTS CALL THEMSELVES ANONYMOUS WHEN THEY PROTESTED GOLD?
  13. Erra Member

Jesus christ you failfags suck

Enjoy getting no where

Enjoy loosing your cool and fucking shit up

Enjoy the fact that the rest of us have given up on you entirely

Enjoy having no support

Enjoy embarrassing yourselves

Enjoy getting raped by the cult

But above all

Enjoy your hand
  14. Vir Member

Not all gold protestors are Anonymous, right?

^^ I, for one, am still interested in seeing how this pans out, not mainly because of Scientology, but for the local politics angle.
  15. reznik Member

meh AO and glibby did ok->well ....

that OSA brief / document needs to be on wikileaks
  16. RavenEyes Member

Ok, I just watched the vid. You're able to move the bar along the bottom of the screen to skip to the part you want to see. It begins at 1:16. The woman I believe is probably It'sGlib did a very good job. AO was a little emotional but did a good job, too. Said he had to bite the hand of the guard to get him to release his hold so AO could breathe as the guard was trying to strangle him. Talks about the organ note, etc. Uses that to point out how CoS itself is disturbing the peace. Calls Gold a "private prison" and says Gold needs to be investigated. References CA penal codes. All in all, both did well. I heard no one talking out of turn, although you couldn't hear ambient noise. Attorney who spoke after AO - said it was about "human decency" and that the ordinance was constitutionally sound. Said he wasn't going to be a jerk but indicates non-attorneys acted like jerks. Somewhere (I missed where) they try to tie this in with protesting sex offenders' homes who might move in and Megan's Law. WTF IS THAT?? Bob Buster and Roy Wilson, two council members, said if it wasn't revised/tweaked, they'd vote against it. Jeff Stone is either a Scilon or has been paid off - seemed ultra sleazy IMNSHO. Lawyer brings up his handicapped son and his Jewish family that was lost at Krakow. Says Anonymous targets epilepsy and Jews. Says we have on our web sites how to commit suicide. "When they do come to protest, they wear masks and they wear robes." ROBES? He brings up AO's other arrest AFTER the Gold arrest. AO comes back up, very emotional. Words were accurate, loud and emotional at this point. Council asks AO if Anon protests epilepsy and why we wear masks/capes. AO describes fair game. AO tells them there is no cape. AO says the whole world is watching this after one of the council members asks him if he knows he's on TV (it seemed to me like he was trying to intimidate AO.) Jeff Stone gets up to talk. Says Anonymous promotes hate. "an organized group, worldwide, that has a lot of propaganda on the web." Says we espous Hitler, extermination of 6 million jews, that we want slavery of blacks, that McD's should charge surcharge to people of African American or Hispanic descent. Shows booklet he received "sickening material". Discusses terroristic threats, suicides, etc. - blames all on Anonymous. Refers to Anon as the Internet Hate Machine. Brings up the lies re: anthrax, bomb threats, blah blah blah. Interestingly, Jeff Stone believes everything he's showing the council. Bob Buster speaks reasonably, stating that restrictions of any distance wouldn't stop people if they were really terroristic in nature and that THOSE things should be reported to police. Says the restriction isn't aimed at residential but has been connected to a religious dispute and that that's a dangerous ground on constitutional rights to protest. Says stationary protests aren't nearly as dangerous re: traffic, etc. Says this restriction is going to the extreme and that other remedies exist. Roy Wilson agreed. You all need to try to watch this - there are people on the council who are reasonable. I'm sorry this was done w/o paragraphs. I have no "Enter" key on my computer anymore. LOL POSTER WHO SAID PEOPLE WERE RUDE IS INCORRECT OR A TROLL.
  17. RavenEyes Member

You didn't watch this, did you?
  18. T.W.C_Anon Member

Wow very tl;dr

There I tried to fix :D

ROBES??? WTF is that about? Is this guy on crack? Next raid lets all wear bath robes, when in Rome...
  19. RavenEyes Member

Thanks!!! <3
  20. AngryGayPope1 Member

Orange promises a great video on the way

To the "don't tell me where to protest crowd" I'm telling you why: it's dangerous. I'm one of the few people "in the know" on this issue.

Meanwhile ...

Orange called me after the meeting and said it went very well although he was not allowed to show the video I compiled of the assault. The video went out to several news organizations though. We did not know this mtg. was going to happen so we found out at the last minute and the video is not as good as I hoped but that's okay.

Orange said Glib and Resistance spoke, then he spoke and was given extra time. One of the supervisors stood up from his table, walked to the to microphone and spoke as a citizen. He denouned anonymous as a hate group using posts from this very board I believe. As I predicted the cult would, he quoted lots of "nigger" "fag" and anti-semitic remarks on this board and negative remarks about orange. He used the posters on this board in an attempt to discredit orange.

Unmoderated boards are worse than no boards at all. People who continue to make death threats, bad mouth other protesters to the cops or post viscious nonsense are playing into the hands of the cult and may find themselves on the wrong end of the next lawsuit.
  21. T.W.C_Anon Member

Re: Orange promises a great video on the way

Does this have to do with what sounds like a rifle shot that can be clearly heard in the "assault" videos which no one can explain?

Sounds to me like this person found the Thunderdome. Yes there is allot of immaturity on this board but so also with many others. His point being?

So the cult wants to blame everyone based on one website? Sounds to me they would find reasons (or conveniently make them up) to discredit their critics even if this site didn't exist.
  22. Skeptic1337 Member

lol wut
  23. reznik Member

i think he is promoting his website.
    AGP if you want to advertize your site. you must purchase a banner with project wonderful.

i think he is talking about himself.
  24. Skeptic1337 Member

I just want to know when the first lawsuit happened.

Edit: From that vid it looks like for a hearing it went off pretty well. AO probably needs some public speaking coaching and how to form an argument for politicians (using absolutes makes it kinda hard...words like LIE and the like...my opinion) but hey they went represented and the motion didn't pass today. I call it a win.

As for this website being used against him, perhaps you all that don't want to be associated with it should stop posting on it? Gives you that whole plausible deniability thing. Meh the drama is entertaining but it does get old.
  25. Optimisticate Member

This person is most likely a local resident and critic of scientology.

Delicious cookies?
  26. Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

There was earlier information about earlier discussions by the council re this ordinance. It was brought up that a few years earlier there was a sex offender that moved into a neighborhood and he was picketed for almost a year in front of his house.

The council members wanted to be able to allow picketing like THAT, and couldn't reconcile with themselves how they could word this ordinance (protecting Scientology) while still allowing other types of protests.
  27. reznik Member

google doesnt help in this instance. but is interesting anyway.
    the first lawsuit ever - Google Search
  28. reznik Member

also the posts in the 'dossier' were screencaps posted on ED.

jebus just say "this is black humor, not to everyones taste not intended to be 'hateful' " ... don't get sucked in.
  29. Vir Member

The chans would love that the mostly fictional or satirical "information" on Encyclopedia Dramatica is being used in a council meeting on Scientology protest restrictions. People write those article not to inform, but to amuse themselves by being as inappropriate as possible and they usually don't mean what they say at all.
  30. Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

^^^

Tell them that it's a largely satirical site based in black humor. Also note that the whole point of it is to provoke others into getting a reaction, which they've done very well. The fundamental difference between the KKK and ED is that the KKK believes those things, whereas ED uses material like that to mock them for it. That, and the KKK cannot be stopped by buying a dog.
  31. Erra Member

Not even a little.

Oh shit, I just realized I dont care.
  32. RavenEyes Member

That was Jeff Stone. The posts I saw on the vid didn't look like WWP, Enturb, SEx, or marcab from the format/what I could see. We'd need to see his "booklet" he used. He was extremely one-sided.
  33. RavenEyes Member

oh - thanks! That helps!! I didn't see the correlation.
  34. sock Member

He looked like he was referring to that hilarious 53 page document "Anonymous - Their history and crimes" that Scientology created: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/122-...e-document-anonymous-hatecrimes-leaked-30978/
  35. Daywatch Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

NIGGERFAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  36. RavenEyes Member

37. Grace Member

lol
    Coming from the original in your face CrapMaster.
    It's pure cheese.
  38. Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

fwiw I sent a "harpoon" to the board. Just letting them in on the irony and hopefully clearing up why glib (and ao, despite his unrelated faggotry) aren't anti-Semitic, anti-black, anti-Muslim nutters despite the lulzy pictures.
  39. EpicSwordGuy Member

ITT AGP tries trolling on the internet
  40. TomVorm Member

Can someone offer 1,000 internets (to have relevant segments of the Riverside County Supervisor's video, uploaded to youtube)? Wider exposure (of Jeff Stone) might attract electoral opponents in time for his next election.