Customize

County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by RavenEyes, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

For the record:

The reason I only have 4 or 5 posts is because I did not know about any of this until Dave Downey called me this past Thursday to interview me for the article that came out Saturday.

The only reason I posted this morning was because I did not see any posts about the results of the BoS meeting and was just trying to be helpful.
  2. Skeptic1337 Member

Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

Expect to be questioned specially when relaying 3rd party information and we have a vid to verify against it.

Don't take it personal we just hear enough bullshit stories everyday and we're all natural skeptics.

See wut I did there?
  3. Anonymoux Member

Re: Orange promises a great video on the way

[off topic: pipe down pipsqueak]
  4. DeathHamster Member

LOL!

Tell him that he's being watched on the Internet, and saved to over 9000 hard drives, and sooner or later someone is going to run Voice Stress Analysis against everyone in the video. Not today, probably not tomorrow, and not likely for a while, but in the long term, oh hell yesssss!

Welcome to my terabytes. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?
    [IMG]
    "Oh shi-!"
  5. XenuLovesU Member

County supervisors back away from anti-picketing measure

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Temecula/Riverside -- County supervisors back away from anti-picketing measure

6. XenuLovesU Member

Riverside County board puts residential picketing restraints on hold

Riverside County board puts residential picketing restraints on hold | Riverside County | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

7. DeathHamster Member

I suspect that CoS's cock-puppet was drawing from their own religiousfreedomwatch.org site as much as anywhere else.
  8. Anonymoux Member

Julia Glick is a key reporter in this process--the Riverside Press Enterprise.
    Other key media are the regional edition of the LA Times, and the Orange County Register.

We need to think about identifying areas of commonality related to the interests of the press and the interests of First Amendment rights proponents to free speech. Our interests are closely aligned. Lucid arguments and points on this and related issues would be good to express here and around.

Also, there (somebody here said) is a state law related to this that is more relevant than the federal law/SCOTUS decisions. Anybody know the Cali state law that says nobody gets to haul off and limit free speech at the muni level.

(and of course we know that there is v little right to privacy)
    It's not about anon but cos would like it to be.

Talking point or two on this. 100 words.

Or...., not!
  9. Evil Zoe Member

While it certainly seems evident that AO could benefit from a few Toastmasters meetings, taking into consideration that he isn't a public speaker, I don't think it was completely bad. I'mGlib did wonderfully.

I'm definitely glad that there are some sane people on that board, however, who are capable of holding onto the key issue and not bowing to the propaganda. Bob Buster is awesomeness.

I'm still giggling at the way that little guy couldn't seem to clear the capes and robes thing from his mind.

Anonymous supervillains....lol
  10. Anon1720 Member

Is it possible to get a brief to these supervisors explaining the scilons currrently attempt at black PR and their history of doing this in the past? Its obvious that they were able to pass on information to Stone - why can't we?

Also, harpoons are needed at 1st article and Julia Glick's email address.
  11. Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

Please. Julia Glick is a nice person and could easily give fair representation to the Anon perspective if given a chance.

Harpoons are not needed at this time.

That is all.
  12. Anonymoux Member

Xactly right as usual RiF
  13. Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

Oh, dear Xenu, this makes him sound like a complete nutter. I love you Julia Glick.
  14. basil Member

The obscure reference to 'anonymous wearing robes' is probably a less-than-subtle attempt to make us look like the KKK, I would assume. At least, that's the first thing that flashed through my mind when I read it.

At least the reason for masks (fair game) got a mention.
  15. Re: County approves new restrictions on protesting at Gold

Definitely. One of the supervisors actually did ask AnonOrange something along the lines of how Anon is different from the KKK. In my message to the supervisors, I made sure to explain how pictures like those are used to mock people who hold such racist beliefs.
  16. basil Member

Just a thought here, has it been confirmed that this Jeff Stone is in fact the same Jeff Stone that appears on scientology service completions, and is a scientologist himself?

If so, has the 'conflict of interest' (or whatever the US term for it is) been declared openly that he is promoting an ordinance that can be seen to directly benefit an organisation he is involved in? Over here, that's a big no-no without disclosure.
  17. fotoanon Member

Unfortunately, that won't be for another 4 years.
    He just won re-election In June 2008.
  18. Tyrian Member

Every time they try to demonize us they end up sounding shrill. I love it.
  19. xenubarb Member

This:
    What this means is, WE WERE NOT HANDING OUT THE RACIST, ANTISEMITIC FLIERS JEFF STONE WAS PASSING AROUND AND CLAIMING THEY WERE OURS! WE WEREN'T HANDING OUT FLIERS AT ALL!
    Those fliers had nothing to do with Anonymous. This blatant lying on the part of county officials and police is pissing me off. The reporting in local papers is so one-sided in favor of the cult, it barely qualifies as journalism.

Do not start pissing around to claim the Anonymous monicker. Anyone can be anonymous. All you need is a mask. Even me. You get that or you don't get anonymous at all. Look at the bottom of this page. You see that graphic of people in GF masks? See the sign that says 'You can be Anonymous"? Understand what it means? It means the media doesn't know my name because why?

Heh. Anonymous. Duh.

And Scientology? Perjury. They're committing it.
  20. PresidentShaw Member

i'm a bit pissed at AO for looking fkin paranoid there and batshit.
  21. King Nerd Member

I don't think he can help it.
  22. xenubarb Member

I'm a pretty good public speaker, but I'm not setting one foot in Riverside County until AO explains what he meant by "Riverside County has four strikes against you" in an email to me.

And maybe not even then...
  23. King Nerd Member

Lolwut? Post email for great justice.
  24. DeathHamster Member

Aight, I put on my robe and wizard hat...
  25. Optimisticate Member

I can see this entire thing being overturned if all they are using to base their decisions on is the 53 page document that scientology made up. It's more fantastical than LRon's fiction. Take THAT to the supreme court you yo-yo's.
  26. lothar Member

No. No. No. You do not get to be anonymous. All this namefagged ex-scilons and OG need to GTFO. All these failfags that get themselves arrested and namefagged are GTFO.

Sure, you can show up at a protest and be Anonymous. In fact, you can even post as anonymous. You Barb are not anonymous and use a recognizable online name because you and AGP and AO are all egofags. Just create a new account that is actually anonymous. Heck, I would welcome AGP to create a new account and continue to post here if it wasn't under AGP.

You can't go to a public meeting after being namefagged and arrested and try to say you represent "Anonymous". You can't be leaderfag. You become a person who was protesting Scientology and read about stuff online. [Actually, AO does a pretty good job on this and understands it unlike Barb]

If you cannot keep your identity a seekret then you aren't cut out for being Anonymous.

--

What AO and other should have done at this public meeting was just lay out the facts instead of [strike]ranting about cult, cult, cult[/strike] [EDIT: AO does not really rant about cult if you watch all of his comments, it's not as bad as other commenters say... except for when he comes up to mic again and goes batshit crazy with LA arrests.. lolwut??] They should have taken their signs and said, here is what we had along with balloons. We have protested for weeks without problems and this time a security guard tackled me on the side of the road and are trying to manipulate you into changing laws because they hate any criticism. Would a Catholic Church that had protesters out front come to you and ask you to change the law?

I don't understand why AO can keep increasing the size of the hole in his foot.
  27. nonnonanon Member

[IMG]
  28. lothar Member

If you don't want to use IE, the video is here.. (proxy condom since weblogs might be given by Stone to scilons??) (you can use TOR if you set mms to localhost and/or use socks)
    mms://209.128.123.171/RiversideCounty/5b141875-5128-43cd-89b5-ae06b8692ab6/video0.wmv
  29. Kilia Member

Why in the hell can I see the video, but cannot hear it?
    I hear all the other ones!!
    *sigh*
  30. themadhair Member

So...why are there faggots on this board trying to turn people against protesting at Gold? I'm missing something here. If someone is 'in the know' and ain't opening their mouths then kindly GTFO.

The cult launched some serious harpoons at this one and didn't succeed - so why are we not wanting to keep protesting???
  31. Daywatch Member

cause protesting at gold is risky and pointless and an OG tactic ?

maybe?
  32. themadhair Member

Attestation -> Why are the cult so determined to have the protests shut down? I don't believe they are devoting such much effort trying to stop the protests without good reason. If the cult regard it as highly important target strategically I want to know why. Keeping the pressure on here does seem to have the potential to provoke them into a mistake.
  33. King Nerd Member

Its only risky when its OG egofags running around at Gold screaming, "Look at me! Look at me!"

I see nothing wrong if Anonymous was protesting there.
  34. PresidentShaw Member

I agree
  35. Zak McKracken Member

ha ha.

NOTHING RISKY ABOUT eegle skout AND HIS PALZ.

Consider this: that non-OG, non-egofags don't generally, and pretty much don't ever protest @ Gold. Unless they are tagging along with OG and egofags.

Pix or it didn't happen.

Do you have any theories as to why Anonymous tends to view Gold as a theoretical, rather than an actual target? (Save for the batshit/OG/retarded wing)
  36. xenubarb Member

Here, I'll explain this to you slower. I don't "represent Anonymous." Nobody does. And nobody speaks for anonymous. However, when I go to a raid and don the mask, I become one of the myriad faceless horde who are collectively referred to as Anonymous. I could stand right behind you and you wouldn't know who I am. But with your attitude, you probably wouldn't want that.

I don't have a trademark shirt with my name on it. Hell, this weekend, I might be someone in a Santa suit, you'd never know.

And that is what makes me anonymous. You get it now?

--

What AO and other should have done at this public meeting was just lay out the facts instead of [strike]ranting about cult, cult, cult[/strike] [EDIT: AO does not really rant about cult if you watch all of his comments, it's not as bad as other commenters say... except for when he comes up to mic again and goes batshit crazy with LA arrests.. lolwut??] They should have taken their signs and said, here is what we had along with balloons. We have protested for weeks without problems and this time a security guard tackled me on the side of the road and are trying to manipulate you into changing laws because they hate any criticism. Would a Catholic Church that had protesters out front come to you and ask you to change the law?

I don't understand why AO can keep increasing the size of the hole in his foot.[/QUOTE]
  37. Obi-Wan-anon Member

So when they protested outside the house of the child molester, what protections were they exercising for the resident?

So the scientologists should have to produce a document listing all the residents of gold, and show the address (or building number) of their residence. Would be kinda hard to explain the large number of people residing in one building.

Since Stone IS a scientologist, is he one of the complaintants? And thanks for calling the place a "compound", and not a residence. Whats true for you must be true...

The cult is watching us...

Watch it - freedom of religion means that people can join whichever religion they want without reprisal. But it also means that people are free to LEAVE a religion without reprisal.

Try leaving Scientology - alive.
  38. xenubarb Member

OG tactic? So is carrying signs, launching websites and writing letters to congress and editors.
    Writing articles for ezines and print material too. Printing signs and handing out fliers. Done it.

Your foolish rejection of "OG tactics" wouldn't leave you with much left to work with.
    Simpsons did it!
  39. Skeptic1337 Member

If you do decide to speak on this subject I would recommend you read up on

1st amendment rights - Right to Assemble.

This is not a free speech issue as it's not being curtailed it is a rights to peacefully assemble issue though.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Which you should all find interesting as scientology comes up as a paid advert #1 on search for google on this issue

Scientology Video Channel — Right to Assembly: Free Speech Movie about Human Rights

Tailor your arguments in this fashion and you can't help but win. Start arguing about insane cults or explaining "Anonymous humor" and you're going to end up sounding batshit insane.

Just a tip

Edit: I tossed in the scientology link because it begs the question if they support this human right only for people who do not use it against them. It makes a powerful case all on it's own.
  40. xenubarb Member

Sounds like it may become necessary to explain the distinction between Chanology and Anonymous at some point. It's a pretty good ruse by the cult to draw us off target and put us on the defensive.

Has it been confirmed that this Jeff Stone is the same one as listed on truthaboutscientology.com?
    If not, the supervisor should not be accused of being a Scientologist. Positive confirmation would very much change the playing field and offer us another weapon of mass instruction for the people of Riverside.