Customize

Cribbage anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

I just did tonight for the first time. I stopped by a friends house, intending to stay an hour. I saw them playing with a small board that had pegs and cards. I was instantly intrigued. I watched and listened to all the rules. I ended up staying at douche's house for five hours. I got a fucking 29 on my first play. Beginners luck? Probably.
  2. Anonymous Member

yeah, sure ya did. But cribbage is fun.
  3. Anonymous Member

Fuck you, I will give you the douches phone number (oops I never got it, but I know his address). I beat the shit out of the cribbage player who has payed in cribbage tournaments. How can you explain that? I have to say beginners luck, but I saw the strategy that the game needed.
  4. Anonymous Member

One of the players was like " cribbage needs no strategy, you just throw your shit down." I was like "what the fuck, of course there is a strategy"
  5. Anonymous Member

Hey, good answer
  6. Anonymous Member

Hey, Good Question
  7. Anonymous Member

Cannot anyone just feel my joy? I guess not to many people play cribbage. OK. goodnight cribbage thread.
  8. underminer Member

We play cribbage, or just "crib" in our house all the time. I was taught it by my grandad when I was 7 or 8. Within a few months I started beating him so he grew reluctant to play. He also taught my younger daughter crib and dominos, upon which she started beating him at both. Good teacher, terrible player. Sadly missed.

"19"
    "One for his nob"
    "Muggins"
    "15-2, 15-4, 15-6, 2 for a pair..."

Bliss.
  9. ZeroC Member

I got a nice cribbage set for Christmas once, it sat in my draw for years until I flogged it for £10.

I bought a pint of beer and a pack of smokes.
  10. Lorelei Member

I've liked cribbage when I've played it, but currently am not located close to anyone who can grasp the damn rules.
  11. Mitsu Too Member

U lucky shit! 29 on a first hand is some lucky. Closest I've ever got to was 28. Yes it requires strategy but a certain luck of the right hand dealt and the right jack. It is harder when you p[lay with multiple people but I say I hope you took a picture. Good game taught to me by my Dad who learned it as a veteran.
  12. Anonymous Member

-mind blown-
  13. veravendetter Member

I used to have a cribbage board which was a rifle butt. (that's all i've got on the subject)
  14. Anonymous Member

First lesson in any card game; let the noob win, next time he bring money for you.
  15. subgenius Member

cribbage is weird
    dominos is cool
  16. veravendetter Member

Dominos is cool. I've got those ivory coloured ones that feel nice in your hand and make that weirdly satisfying *chink* when you knock 'em together.
  17. xenubarb Member

My fishing buddy tried to rope me into cribbage. Once I found out arithmetic was involved, my brain shut down. Scrabble, anyone?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Cribbage is weird, yet is challenging. Dominos are very nice, and the rules are simple. Once you hear all the different cribbage rules over a couple of hours, you will get it.

I like cribbage now.
  19. je suis Member

cribbage is a great drinking game + it's fun
  20. "I" -amSOADDICTED!-toda gaima crib.----"CALGON take"Me"-AWAY"!!!
  21. Started playing crib with my partner, but we both decided we prefer fucking. Game On!!!
  22. Hi sailor
  23. I hear people died of boredom in this forum.
  24. What is this cribbage ?
  25. Disambiguation Global Moderator

26. Disambiguation Global Moderator

27. It's like cabbage only with numbers.