Customize

Cue Tommy Davis

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Oinkertron9000, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Cue Tommy Davis

Scoop: Scientologists clear up Travolta misconceptions - The Scoop- msnbc.com
  2. orly Member

SPIN: Scientologists clear up Travolta misconceptions! POONS NEEDED

Scoop: Scientologists clear up Travolta misconceptions - The Scoop- msnbc.com

Need people to let them know just how many things Scilons consider as falling under "psychological vs medical" diagnoses!
  3. Re: Cue Tommy Davis

"Scientologists use prescription drugs when physically ill and also rely on the advice and treatment of medical doctors." is a direct quote from http://www.scientology.org/news-media/index.html (proxy advised)
  4. blah Member

Re: SPIN: Scientologists clear up Travolta misconceptions! POONS NEEDED

no comments section, there is nothing we can do.
  5. Da Sandmastah Member

6. orly Member

Re: Cue Tommy Davis

scoop@msnbc.com was a valid email as of Sept 08, dunno if anyone's checking it now, but I sent them an email.
  7. DeathHamster Member

Bullshit. They re-define anything they do want to involve themselves in as psycho-somatic, your reactive mind, body thetan bukkaki...
  8. WileyCoyote Member

Well, there's also the matter of this Courtney Hazlett. Who seems to be spinning this right Mr. Davis' way. Well either her or some editor changing the headline.

Scientologists clear up Travolta misconceptions

"Clear up" is a VERY biased, very slanted term to use. It communicates quite clearly "what people are saying is wrong". It doesn't simply say someone's claiming something else, it endorses it.
  9. mrfyde Member

Re: SPIN: Scientologists clear up Travolta misconceptions! POONS NEEDED

I agree, From what I can tell all illness is mental. Cancer and AIDS do not exist unless you BELIEVE they exist.

"you won't get cancer unless you believe you can get it" I have heard from more than one scientologist.

Jenna Elfman's famous comments about children with AIDS
  10. Badiedum Member

Clue Tommy Davis? Sure, no problem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSS178Q-4eo]YouTube - Scientologist Tommy Davis responds to Anonymous[/ame]

Footbullet bitch Davis
  11. orly Member

Because being mean makes me feel better:

Tommy Davis is a cocksucking douchebag faggot and he should go die in a fire.

EDIT: On-topic: Tommy Davis and Karin Pouw are Scientology's main spokespeople, IIRC. We should collect clips that discredit them, like the one where someone's twitchy on the news when we just started, and was like, "The FBI are investigating Anonymous for sending us bomb threats," and the news guy is like, "We asked the FBI, and they said there's no evidence linking those white powder things to Anonymous."
  12. Snake Member

13. Exstaff Member

14. Anon1720 Member

"On the funeral service, Davis says, “The Scientology funeral service celebrates the life of the person who has departed his body. Friends and family have the opportunity to say goodbye, to acknowledge and thank the person for what he or she has done in this lifetime, and to wish them well as they move on to their next lifetime. The service is a reaffirmation of the knowledge that we are immortal spiritual beings.”

After reading many comments on the news article sites where people are sending up prayers for Jett and saying he will be well again in heaven we need to point out that there will not be a heaven for Jett as scientologists don't believe in one so their prayers will fall on deaf scientologist's ears. Also a good opportunity to hit home that scientology is not compatable with mainstream religions.
  15. Exstaff Member

it's not a religion. it's LDS reinvented. it's john smith, I mean L Ron, I mean I walked through the wall of fire for you, I mean god spoke to me and told me to start my own religion, i mean I broke my arm doing it (crashed motorbike in italy).

it's a very tragic event and hopefully the Travolta's can now safely leave the cult because it's very obvious that scientology does not work. Maybe that's what Jett wanted for them. Maybe he was tired of seeing what John and Kelly had been through while being in the cult? who knows.
  16. tofuman Member

Someone should send the news the video of David talking about destroying psychiatry.
  17. mrfyde Member

At least not religions that believe you go to heaven when you die.

Also they do not believe in christ they do believe that Jesus Christ was an mental implant that was brainwashed into your mind by aliens in a machine that came here from another planet. (not joking to any new members you can hear the found say this on Gawker.com)

We should also make people aware the 8 pointed cross is NOT a christian symbol it is actually said to represent the 8 dynamics of Scientology. However Hubbard's friend A. Crowley also used one very similar in his occult practices prior to Hubbard.
  18. anongurl7 Member

“Scientologists seek conventional medical treatment for medical conditions. Scientologists use prescription drugs when physically ill and also rely on the advice and treatment of medical doctors. The church does not involve itself in the diagnosis or classification of any medical condition,” says Davis.

How stupid do you think we are Tommy?

Correct me if I'm retarded, but you guise chose Kawasaki disease because it has no pre-existing mental connotation right? As opposed to being born with autism.

We have your scilon lectures where Hubbard dismisses epilepsy medication, and doctor advice on the subject Tommy.

And let's not forget your ILLEGAL P/C data.

This is what I think about you Tommy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7hvCBfUOfk&feature=related"]YouTube - South Park Special Olympics[/ame]
  19. Badiedum Member

Like the part in above clip I posted, where Tommy Davis denies the existence of space aliens/ thetans? "Doens't that sound silly to you?"

Over the past year I have seen so many video's, which can be used for this. Not only the denials, also the pLain retarded responses.

brb, making new topic
  20. orly Member

Badiedum, this is relevant to my interests; if you do make a new thread (in the projects forum or wherever), please PM me a link to where I can find it. Ideally, we'd be able to, whenever someone quotes Tommy Davis or Karin Pouw, give the quoter an infodump about why they're unreliable sources and/or lying through their teeth. WITH PROOF. :D
  21. Badiedum Member

Posted in General Discussion > Discrediting video's.

I do no PM's.
  22. Mutante Member

Jason Beghe to Scientology Mouthpiece Tommy Davis: 'You're Losing Your Soul'

“I know this guy,” Beghe says.

And that’s why Davis’s appearance on CNN was so troubling, Beghe explains.

“He was saying there’s no Disconnection. That’s a fucking lie. I’m not even a declared suppressive person, and they’ve all disconnected from me,” Beghe says about his former friends in the church. “They kicked my four-year-old son out of a fucking Scientology school. There’s your church.”

Davis, however, looked terrible as he tried to spin Roberts. “He’s lying, and it shows. What really saddened me, this was one of the most handsome, beautiful kids I’d seen in my life. And he’s starting to look like a hardcore Scientologist. He’s no longer beautiful. You see the eyes, the lying that he’s doing. Anybody can see that this guy is not clean. It’s clear as day,” Beghe says.

“I felt sorry for Tommy. If he’s reading this, I want to tell him: you’re losing your soul. Look in the mirror. You look like a liar. And remember what happened to Mike Rinder. You’re starting to look like that,” Beghe adds, referring to a former high-level official who recently “blew,” or left the organization. “They used Rinder as a spokesman, when he was the kind of person you’d cast in a movie as the villain. It was chilling. And Tommy is getting that look.
  23. Top Grunge Member

Seriously, why does the media keep talkin to this guy? I mean, I love it and all, but doesn't the media care about credible sources?
  24. muldrake Member

Sad to say, the general media practice is to get "balance" by "talking to both sides." Never mind that most issues have more than two "sides." What they generally do is find the two biggest nutcases on either opposing "side" of an issue and interview them.

They're doing a better job than usual on this one, but when you have Scientology issues, you're going to have your Tommy Davis soundbites. Unfortunately, Scientology doesn't have ANY spokespeople who aren't batshit crazy liars, so if they want anyone at all, it's going to have to be a batshit crazy liar. Just be glad Scientology actually deliberately picks these creepy weirdos as their spokespeople.
  25. Top Grunge Member

i actually prefer Pat Harney. She doesnt sound crazy like FB-Man. I think she is just ignorant and kept in the dark.
  26. Tommy Davis Scientologists clear up Travolta misconceptions

The Scoop
    msnbc.com
    updated 8:00 a.m. CT, Tues., Jan. 6, 2009

Courtney Hazlett
    The Scoop
    Bahamian officials determined it was a seizure that caused Jett Travolta’s sudden death, but there have been a number of outspoken critics of Scientology claiming that the church’s practices might have played a part in how the Travolta family cared for their son.

In response to the claim that the family might not have sought appropriate, conventional medical treatment for Jett’s seizures, Tommy Davis from Scientology International says that simply isn’t allowed under Scientology practices.

“Scientologists seek conventional medical treatment for medical conditions. Scientologists use prescription drugs when physically ill and also rely on the advice and treatment of medical doctors. The church does not involve itself in the diagnosis or classification of any medical condition,” says Davis.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

(If you’re wondering how the church’s stance might apply to Tom Cruise’s now-infamous argument with Matt Lauer of the use of anti-depressants, Davis points out, “That centered around a psychological diagnosis, not a medical diagnosis, there’s a distinction.”)

Scientology hasn’t issued a statement specifically aimed at the Travolta family’s loss, but did offer up the following clarification regarding death and funerals within the church. Because many erroneous reports concerning church practices are taking away from the real tragedy, it seems fair to get Scientology’s stance out there so that the debate may end.

On the subject of death, Davis says, “In Scientology, we believe that you have lived before and that you will live again. The spirit, which is you, is immortal and you are not your body. You as an individual are an immortal spiritual being and simply put, you have lived before and will live again, lifetime after lifetime. In Scientology, these past existences are simply referred to as past lives.”

On the funeral service, Davis says, “The Scientology funeral service celebrates the life of the person who has departed his body. Friends and family have the opportunity to say goodbye, to acknowledge and thank the person for what he or she has done in this lifetime, and to wish them well as they move on to their next lifetime. The service is a reaffirmation of the knowledge that we are immortal spiritual beings.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28511424/
  27. Re: Cue Tommy Davis

28. the_cloak Member

I thought he said this shit was "unrecognizable" to him a few months ago.
  29. the_cloak Member

Because he is the new COB.
  30. RedOrbifold Member

oh great, it's blinky the scilon again

this is going to fail quite nicely
  31. Re: Cue Tommy Davis

32. whosit Member

God Bless Footbullet Man

[IMG]
  33. Oswald2001 Member

Blinky The $cilon.

LOL!
  34. Re: Cue Tommy Davis

My friend here takes exception to such comments

He wishes to make it quite clear that he is not now, nor has he ever been, involved in any capacity with Scientology.

The CCHR did want to honour him for his determination in hunting down pill-addicts, but he refused on grounds of taste and sanity.

10362af.jpg
  35. subgenius Member

This part of CNN's statement disturbs me:
    "it seems fair to get Scientology’s stance out there so that the debate may end."
    END fair debate? That's the goal of a news organization?
    Nothing to see here move along. WTF? They're in the businsess of selling interesting stories, and they want to end one?
  36. Snake Member

TOMMY DAVIS IS A TWINKLETOE FAGGOT THAT LOVES SOUNDING WITH DM!
  37. Re: Cue Tommy Davis

Fix'd.
  38. LRonAnon Member

fixt
  39. CherrieZ Member

tommtdrh7.jpg
    [IMG]