Customize

Cult Education Forum RE: Scientology in the Workplace (WISE)

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by OTBT, Mar 27, 2010.

1. OTBT Member

Cult Education Forum RE: Scientology in the Workplace (WISE)

Cult Education Forum :: "Cults," Sects, and "New Religious Movements" :: Scientology in the Workplace

There are a few replies to OP, including links to WWP and the Four Corners report.
  2. Belladonna Member

3. timthephoto Member

Re: Cult Education Forum RE: Scientology in the Workplace (WISE)

i may be wrongly assuming that it's only the uk that gets a free half hour with lawyerfag on legal-aid without question
  4. chrisanon Member

IDK. I'm concerned that, as Sci looks to WISE to get the money they no longer get from new recruits, there are more and more stories like the one over on Cult Information Forum.

No, lots of US lawyers offer that, too.
  5. Anonymous Member

Probably. With thousands of jurisdictions on this planet, only a fool would just assume to be "the only one."

Of course, it's equally wacked-out to believe your own rules should persist across all jurisdictions on the planet.
  6. Javiansmo Member

Hi, I'm the one who posted "Scientology in the Workplace" on another board and someone there suggested that you guys might be able to help me. Lo and behold the post made it here before I did :)

Just wondering if you folks think I've put myself at risk by making that post in the first place? I don't think I used any identifying info per se in the post but it probably wouldn't take much for Ms. Wheeler or her company to find out who I am from what I did write if she wanted to do so.

Sorry if I seem naive. This whole thing has just thrown me completely off balance and I'm feeling a tad vulnerable - at work and elsewhere. Any feedback/insights/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks.
  7. Re: Cult Education Forum RE: Scientology in the Workplace (WISE)

I don't know what the Data Protection laws are like in your country, but I very much doubt anyone's going to deliver your work details to OSA.

If your work is unionised, get help from them. Otherwise, you could try asking lawyers if they'd do a no-win no-fee case for you.

Failing that, double-check your work contract and see if you can refuse the test.

Remember: WISE claims to be secular but isn't. That's exploitable. If you know Scientology's crimes, then refusing to support them is a matter of principle for you.

Just be aware IANAL and most if the advice here won't be from legalfags either.
  8. Anonymous Member

IANAL
    Try and sue your employer for trying to indoctrinate you into a cult.
    Plenty evidence out there that the oxford capacity test is fake.
  9. Anonymous Member

A lot depends on the company you work for. It could be they don't realise the Scientology connection and wouldn't be happy about it.

Do be careful about how much you say on a public forum about this. I don't want to make you paranoid but if there are Anons on here who could give advice then you'd maybe be best to only share any details in private messages.

Good luck.
  10. You have every reason to be concerned. I've been to the head office of AMI and it is obvious from the first step inside the door that it is a Scientology based business. They don't hide it at all. The Church of Scientology used to get their message out through religion, however religion is become passe. The new wave is Consulting Companies. Everyone is hiring a consultant for anything and everything these days. Therefore it's no longer called a Church, it's now called consulting. The message is the same, the tactics are the same. If your employer is using AMI they are using a Scientology based company. As part of my employment, I was sent to an AMI course. It was a Scientology course. I've since researched the so called business course I took and compared it to the Scientology teachings. They are identical.

11. DeathHamster Member

Since this thread has been necroed and the ref threads no longer work, enjoy!

http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1207&Itemid=129
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

wow, I totally don't remember starting this thread...

Thanks DH for providing the Caroline Letkeman link.

@ Anthony989, what is "AMI"? Link please.
  13. DeathHamster Member

14. Internetzin Member

Are wise business' entitled to tax exemptions or are they subject to same taxation as any other business enterprise
  15. DeathHamster Member

Same as any other business, normal taxation.
  16. Internetzin Member

Well let them fail where they stands
  17. JohnnyRUClear Member

A helping hand would be in order, though. ;)
  18. Internetzin Member

No harm in help, but once the bigger fish are fryed the trickle down effect will extinguish the wise business' one by one.
  19. Internetzin Member

After all lame ass business' are lame.
  20. DeathHamster Member

21. The Wrong Guy Member

State orders Bend dentist to pay $350K to ex-employee

Claims she was ordered to attend Scientology-related event

By KTVZ.com news sources - October 4, 2012

Oregon Labor and Industries Commissioner Brad Avakian said Thursday he has ordered Dr. Andrew W. Engel and his Bend dental practice to pay nearly $350,000 in damages to a former employee who fled her job when ordered to attend a three-day Scientology-affiliated symposium or be fired.

Besides lost wages and health benefits, the damages include moving expenses after the complainant had to move out of state to find work, as well as emotional distress damages associated with the workplace harassment and complainant’s separation from her teenage daughter as she pursued alternate employment.

“Oregon workers deserve to feel safe on the job, secure from an employer’s pressure to do something that conflicts with their religious beliefs,” said Avakian. “When an employee asks for an accommodation of their religious beliefs, there needs to be a real discussion about accommodation — not a ‘my way or the highway’ dismissal by the employer.”

In investigating and prosecuting this case, Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) said it found that Engel badgered the dental hygienist, now working in East Texas, for several days to convince her to attend the required training with her co-workers, repeatedly brushing aside concerns that Scientology conflicted with her Christian religious beliefs and ignoring a specific accommodation request for an alternative, non-religious training opportunity.

“Oregonians expect, and deserve, an agency that will support local employers who want to do right by their workers,” Avakian said. “Right along with that, Oregonians rightly expect that an employer who is hounding a worker to attend a religion-based training conference, to the point that she quits a good job to get away from that environment, is going to be held accountable for their actions.”

Visit www.oregon.gov/BOLI for more information about all of BOLI’s work to protect workers’ rights and support local employers in Oregon.

Engel was not immediately available at his practice, AWE Dental Spa, for comment or response on the matter.

From www.ktvz.com/news/State-orders-Bend-dentist-to-pay-350K-to-ex-employee/-/413192/16863926/-/ry1ekm/-/index.html

Search: www.google.com/search?q=AWE+Dental+Spa
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2