Customize

Cult leader Osho/Bhagwan Rajneesh. His views on LRH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super Power Entheta, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Osho_black.jpg : "L. Ron Hubbard's work is psychological, it is not spiritual. To clear the mind is a psychological work: to drop the mind is a spiritual revolution. Clearing the mind you remain attached to the mind, and howsoever you clear it, it remains.

Hubbard's work is very ordinary; it should be part of the psychological literature. But in the West people have forgotten completely what spirituality is all about; hence it is very easy to deceive."

http://www.messagefrommasters.com/Osho/osho/Osho-on-Ron-Hubbard-Work.html

"In 1981 Rajneesh's cult purchased a dilapidated ranch in Oregon, U.S., which became the site of Rajneeshpuram, a community of several thousand orange-robed disciples.

Rajneesh was widely criticized by outsiders for his private security force and his ostentatious display of wealth. By 1985 many of his most trusted aides had abandoned the movement, which was under investigation for multiple felonies including arson, attempted murder, drug smuggling, and vote fraud in the nearby town of Antelope.

In 1985 Rajneesh pleaded guilty to immigration fraud and was deported from the United States. He was refused entry by 21 countries before returning to Pune, where his ashram soon grew to 15,000 members. In later years he took the Buddhist title Osho and altered his teaching on unrestricted sexual activity because of his growing concern over AIDS." osho_commune_20050613.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  2. America's First Bioterrorism Attack: Rajneesh Cult

"In the fall of 1984, members of the Rajneeshees, a Buddhist cult devoted to beauty, love and guiltless sex, brewed a "salsa" of salmonella and sprinkled it on fruits and veggies in the salad bar at Shakey's Pizza in The Dalles, Ore. They put it in blue-cheese dressing, table-top coffee creamers and potato salads at 10 local restaurants and a supermarket.

They poured it into a glass of water and handed it to a judge. They fed it to the district attorney, the doctor, the dentist. Their plan:

to seize control of the county government by packing polling booths with imported homeless people while making local residents too sick to vote.
    It was the first large-scale bio-terrorism attack on American soil..."
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101011008-176937,00.html View attachment Osho_Bhagwan_Shree_Rajneesh_-_Mug_shot_Multnomah_C
  3. Smurf Member

The downfall of Rajneesh was not so much the actions of the old fart himself, but his handlers from Ma Sheela on down who decided to wreak retaliation on their perceived enemies. I was in Oregon when the Rajneeshees took over the tiny city of Antelope.. at the time, Oregon had very liberal voting laws.. one only had to be a declared resident for 72 hours before voting.. the Rajneesh bused in hundreds of homeless promising them food, shelter & medical care, in return for them voting in sannysins to the Antelope City Council. After the election, the Rajneesh bused the homeless back to Portland and left them at a city park.

Crazy cultists and it, too, had it's share of wealthy & celebrity adherents. Congressman Ryan's daughter Shannon was a Rajneesh. (Congressman Ryan was murdered in Jonestown; Shannon's sister, Patricia, was President of the Cult Awareness Network).
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Yes, I was in Portland when this all went down. I did not know that Shannon was a Rajneeshee. I assume she was a member before Jonestown.
  5. But I'm wrong. She left Jonestown and went to Osho's cult. Seems from the James "Death" Ray trial that there's lots of cult surfing going on.
  6. Smurf Member

Afterwards. "After his death, Ryan's daughter Shannon Jo changed her name to Jasmine and joined Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, a cult, while her sister Patricia became president of the old Cult Awareness Network. Ryan's daughter Erin worked for the C.I.A. before eventually becoming an aide to her father's former aide Jackie Speier, who had in 1998 been elected to the California State Senate." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Ryan

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20078618,00.html
  7. Anonymous Member

I guess we don't have to worry about what few followers Rajneesh may have left becoming victims of the Scientology corporation as well as his.
    Other than that Rajneesh's opinion on Hubbard is pretty irrelevant.
  8. Smurf Member

Congressman Ryan's daughter Shannon Jo, who later legally changed her name to Jasmine Indra aka Ma Amrita Pritam, now claims to communicate telepathically with animals.

jasmine03.jpg

http://kindredsouls.net/
    • Like Like x 1
  9. AnonLover Member

Paul Morantz, cult litigator & lawfare warrior from back in the day that had a small hand in Bent Corydon & Gerry Armstrong cases, played a role in Rajneesh being brought down.

Escape from Rajneeshpuram
  10. Thanks Lover!
  11. AnonLover Member

y/w - great thread... and even GREATER example of unraveling a destructive cult for peeps to study.

just keep these freaks outta mai christfag bible thread :*
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. moarxenu Member

Rajneesh? Are these guys his homies?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

I remember he had like 50 plus Rolls Royces that he would parade around in every day

crazy.
  15. Anonymous Member

On the Pope: "He should be behind bars"

On Mother Teresa: "She should jump into the lake"

• Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

From this ^ page:
    "L. Ron Hubbard, an alleged unindicted (could not be found) co-conspirator in a 70’s plot to destroy lives of his perceived enemies has a Los Angeles street named after him."
  17. Anonymous Member

Over 90
  18. Anonymous Member

i haven't seen that Osho video in a really long time.
    thanks for posting that, anon.
  19. Anonymous Member

How'd they get salomonella into the restaurant without anyone noticing?
  20. Smurf Member

No. I visited Rajneeshpuram several times when all that was going on. He had 93 Rolls Royces and would drive one every day. This was his therapy. All business in Rajneeshpuram would shut down at 1:45pm so everyone at the ranch could line up along the road and welcome Baghwan as he drove back to the ranch from wherever he drove outside the ranch. It was always timed so he'd be back at the ranch at 2:00pm to greet his sannyasins.

When Baghwan drove, he was always accompanied by a nurse and his personal physician followed by a sannyasin driving another Rolls Royce & entourage of support personnel in the event Baghwan's car broke down or had a flat. It was really crazy shit watching life at the ranch come to a complete standstill when Baghwan drove by.

"He gained notoriety for the many Rolls-Royces bought for his use, eventually numbering 93 vehicles. This made his the largest single owner of the cars in the world. His followers aimed to eventually expand that collection to include 365 Rolls-Royces—for every day of the year." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho_(Bhagwan_Shree_Rajneesh)

Rajneesh was noted for reading very offensive jokes, including anti-Semitic & Polish jokes, and was determined to insult every ethnic & religious group in the world. He explained that the purpose of these jokes was to shock people and encourage them to examine their identification with and attachment to their ethnic or religious beliefs.
    Rajneesh contended that national. religious, gender and racial divisions were destructive.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. exOT8Michael Member

Thanks for the video. I like listening to him a lot more than Hubbard. LOL.
  22. Smurf Member

Buffets. All-you-can-eat places where patrons serve themselves.
  23. exOT8Michael Member

Hmmm maybe they had a girl named Ella carry it inside salmon. :-P
  24. Anonymous Member

yeah but don't you think someone would've saw hem sprinkling stuff onto the foods and think something was up? I mean, not trying to be racist but if i saw a bunch of loony looking people sprinkling stuff onto food my first thought is to tell the manager or an employee.
  25. Smurf Member

One of the many notorious endeavors of the Rajneesh was to take over the "city" of Antelope. It garnered worldwide attention but many Oregonians got a snicker out of it because Antelope was a very small spot in the desert of Oregon (nearest the ranch) with a population of 26. When the Rajneesh moved in & voted themselves in to the City Council, Antelope's charter was amended by a vote of 57 to 22 to change the name of the city to Rajneesh. The City Council... most of them sannyasins.. disbanded the Pledge of Allegiance usually said before the meetings and replaced it with council members telling the dirtiest, raunchiest joke they could tell.

This pissed off the old-timers that lived in the city for years and I remember people getting some pleasure watching the internal squabbles that were constantly taking place between the old farts & the younger Rajneeshees... it was on the local news in Portland often. When the Rajneesh left the city, the name was changed back to Antelope & residents installed a plaque commemorating the "Rajneesh invasion."

AntelopePlaque.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Tangerine Member

That was what stuck in my mind - one for every day in the year. So spiritual.
  27. exOT8Michael Member

I guess the guy is dead by now. Probably a death not surrounded by so much suspicious activities as Hubbard's "murder"? in 1986?
  28. Smurf Member

29. exOT8Michael Member

Funny thing about the matter of so many Rolls Royces is that they are supposed to be an "exclusive" car, a rare jewel. I think Osho might have been giving the finger to capitalism by doing this. Funny shit IMHO.

BTW, when I lived in England in my childhood when we saw a new Rolls Royce go by it was usually driven by an elderly white person. Now I see new Rolls Royces drive by in L.A. and they are usually driven by a young black person.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

"Rajneesh was constantly sick and frail from the time I first met him in 1970 until his death in 1990. He could not stand on his feet for long periods of time without becoming lightheaded because he suffered damage to his autonomic nervous system which controls blood pressure. This neurally mediated hypotension (low blood pressure while standing) causes chronic fatigue and can also lower IQ due to a lack of sufficient blood and oxygen being pumped to the brain (brain hypoxia). When he was most ill he would complain of becoming lightheaded as soon as he stood up. He thought he was getting a different cold or flu every week. In reality he suffered from a singular chronic illness with flu like symptoms that can last for decades.

In his last years Rajneesh used prescription drugs, mainly Valium (diazepam), as an analgesic for his aches and pains. He took the maximum recommended dose of 60 milligrams per day. He also inhaled nitrous oxide (N2O) mixed with pure oxygen (O2) which helped his asthma and brain hypoxia, but which did nothing for the quality of his judgment. Naive about the powerful effects of Western medications and overconfident about his own ability to fight off their potentially negative effects, Rajneesh succumbed to addiction. His downfall and humiliation followed swiftly.

Rajneesh was a physically ill man who became mentally corrupt. His drug addiction was a problem of his own making, not a government conspiracy. Rajneesh died in 1990, with heart failure listed as the official cause of death. It is probable that the physical decline Rajneesh experienced during his incarceration in American jails was due to a combination of withdrawal symptoms from Valium and an aggravation of his ME/CFS due to stress and exposure to allergens."

http://rajneesh.info/
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

Hey, I can do that too!! Except I just found out that all my dog wants is moar bacon!!
    • Like Like x 3
  32. Anonymous Member

Your dog needs more spiritual growth so it can communicate at a higher level.
  33. Anonymous Member

But, dude, steak is expensive.
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

In Vancouver back in 1980 it was common to see "Rajneesh chicks" on the dance floor looking up and hugging the sun, and floating blissfully through organic food stores.

We're talkin' serious body hair.
  35. Anonymous Member

1980?
  36. Smurf Member

The Rajneesh had a very popular discotheque in downtown Portland one block from Scientology's Mission of Davis. Some of the publics would go to the disco for drinks. It was a happening place.

"In addition to the Rajneesh Hotel at Southwest Tenth Avenue and Pine Street, they opened Zorba the Buddha disco on Portland’s South Park Blocks. On July 29, 1983, bombs exploded on the second and third floors of the hotel, injuring only the bomber.'

http://www.ohs.org/education/oregon...fm?doc_ID=0005BC54-3BC4-1E94-891B80B0527200A7
  37. Anonymous Member

38. Anonymous Member

So what happened to all those orange clad smiling moonbats? Where are they now? Still saving the world somehow?

Heh, probably doing some alt med thing, and thereby making America moar stupid.
  39. Anonymous Member

"Sheela stated in public Bhagwan was in grave danger medically if he remained in India and needed to go to America. On 13 June 1981, Sheela’s husband paying $5.75 million bought a 64,229-acre ranch–The Big Muddy Ranch–located in Oregon counties and renamed “Rancho Rajneesh.” Bhagwan’s move created local hostile community reactions which probably started seeds of paranoia, as did the same for Synanon founder Charles Dederich who found attacks wherever he and Synanon located." http://www.paulmorantz.com/cult/escape-from-rajeneeshpuram/
  40. Anonymous Member

i love that plaque that the city made. LOL